Kebab lets talk about it

Modo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're not even in town. How many times have I had you over?? Next time we'll do it up

Brian just likes to bitch and complain. But if the food you made compares in any way to Sadaf, I am coming over.

Brian just likes to bitch and complain. But if the food you made compares in any way to Sadaf, I am coming over.

I wish I could say I make it that good, but nothing compare to Sadaf. In fact if we do a Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) run that's the place we'll all go to.

Modo, even though you are totally wrong and uneducated in the art of kebab, I will give you credit for trying to replicate the real thing.

What many don't know is that the "meat on a stick" thingy you/we do at home will unfortunately never taste like going to a real kebab place. This because the meat is packed and stacked by hand, seasoned, grilled for a very long period of time etc

Even the knife/blade that cuts it makes a difference on how it tastes. A good friend of mine actually has a kebabfactory, I have been there severeal times, the shit is the real deal. I love this shit. I am thinking of opening up kebab tempels and starting a new kebabreligion or something in that order, we have to enlighten the world!

I agree 100%, no matter what I do I'll never make it as good as the real deal restaurants. I like cooking it at home when we go swimming or have friends over for pool days. In LA we are lucky since most of the Persian markets sell the meat ready to skewer, and if you have a lot of guests for $20-25 a head you can get them to come over and make it fresh right in your backyard. But even those are ony 75-80% as good as going to the restaurants.

Canada says kebab

you're all hot and bothered over this. You need a good Persian woman in your life. Maybe if you spelt it right.

You bastards. I'm thawing 4 Boneless chicken breast to make into Kababs now..you guys have got it stuck in my head.

Any good seasoning/marinade recipes for me?

I usually marinate chicken for 5-6 hours in the following:

Olive Oil

Yoghurt

Lime Juice

Turmeric

Chopped Onion

Salt

Saffron

Black and Red Pepper

Olive Oil

Yoghurt

Lime Juice

Turmeric

Chopped Onion

Salt

Saffron

Black and Red Pepper

That's dead on, I steep the saffron and grate the onion.

Olive Oil

Yoghurt

Lime Juice

Turmeric

Chopped Onion

Salt

Saffron

Black and Red Pepper

I didn't have the yoghurt or peppers on hand, but I seasoned the hell out of them and added plenty of lime juice, squirted some on while they were cooking too.

x5SrArF.jpg

You bastards. I'm thawing 4 Boneless chicken breast to make into Kababs now..you guys have got it stuck in my head.

Any good seasoning/marinade recipes for me?

:iamwithstupid:

Throw down the recipes now!

I didn't have the yoghurt or peppers on hand, but I seasoned the hell out of them and added plenty of lime juice, squirted some on while they were cooking too.

great first try. Next time actually follow directions.

Uh oh, he's back for seconds and thirds!

post-6564-1371692773.jpg

I was debating if I should resurrect my meme and put it in here for a few days now. Why not one last time, yes? Almost been a year since I made it.

:lol2:

Teach my your ways oh merciful KebabQueen

first off use chicken thigh meat, the breast meat dries out too fast.

turmeric, steeped saffron, salt, pepper, lime juice and zest, yogurt, 1 grated onion. The key here is to let in marinate min overnight, skewer them up brush lightly with olive oil before you throw it on the fire. sprinkle lightly with sumac right before you tear into it.

:lol2:

Teach my your ways oh merciful KebabQueen

first off use chicken thigh meat, the breast meat dries out too fast.

turmeric, steeped saffron, salt, pepper, lime juice and zest, yogurt, 1 grated onion. The key here is to let in marinate min overnight, skewer them up brush lightly with olive oil before you throw it on the fire. sprinkle lightly with sumac right before you tear into it.

Just marry him Rob

Well I'm happy the kebab antics have resumed. Apparently the Kebab King is Mongolian. He sold 60 tons of lamb kebab during the Chinese new year festival. Holy Shit!

0023ae606f170cd32b8452.jpg