Kebab lets talk about it

Modo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can hear it now. "Welcome to Batman Grille. Can I take your order." Jirre,"I would like to be a batkebab please. Can I get that with a side of tadigh and a reacharound. I'll have a Methuselah of Ace to drink."

Guys I am from Adana Turkey and it's funny to see a topic at here about kebap :)

I didn't read all messages.

First of all, kebap is the most famous meal of Adana.And I am pretty sure you can not use pork,rice etc.

Here is an example of a real kebap

http://www.tugberkcanozen.com/wp-content/u...adana-kebap.jpg

This is getting out of hand, now it's kebap? Can we vote on what we should call this thing? Majority wins! :icon_mrgreen:

The majority already won, hence the title and filter. :eusa_dance:

Guys I am from Adana Turkey and it's funny to see a topic at here about kebap :)

First of all, kebap is the most famous meal of Adana.And I am pretty sure you can not use pork,rice etc.

Kebap?! You've just thrown enough gasoline on this fire to spur the thread on for another 10 pages! :lol2:

Here we go everyone!

oh Christ. This is exactly why there will never be peace in the middle east, same shit 10 different names for it.

My Grandfather was born in Homs, Syria and spent the first 7 years of his life growing up in Cairo before the family immigrated to Brooklyn. I wish the passion for that style of food and cooking had stayed with the family. My Grandmother was from the Czech Republic and my father grew up a meat and potatoes guy in the family. Mother's side is German so growing up it was always meat and potatoes, americano with some German specialty dishes thrown in.

SO HUNGRY FOR KEBAB RIGHT NOW.

My Grandfather was born in Homs, Syria and spent the first 7 years of his life growing up in Cairo before the family immigrated to Brooklyn. I wish the passion for that style of food and cooking had stayed with the family. My Grandmother was from the Czech Republic and my father grew up a meat and potatoes guy in the family. Mother's side is German so growing up it was always meat and potatoes, americano with some German specialty dishes thrown in.

SO HUNGRY FOR KEBAB RIGHT NOW.

damn you got shorted big time, sorry brother.

This is getting out of hand, now it's kebap? Can we vote on what we should call this thing? Majority wins! :icon_mrgreen:

Kebap sounds like something Snowpoke does outside the kebab shop at 4 in the morning.

Kebap?! You've just thrown enough gasoline on this fire to spur the thread on for another 10 pages! :lol2:

Here we go everyone!

Why does kebap sound and remind me of this?

oh Christ. This is exactly why there will never be peace in the middle east, same shit 10 different names for it.

Please note the date.

So let me get this straight, the problems with the middle east, they are not based on religion or territory or tribal, it is because you cannot agree on the spelling of kebab

So 21 days later Modo repeats a joke. On the ball.

Please note the date.

Damn Cappy. That is some Nath4n level of sleuthing right there!

Please note the date.

sorry, I have you on ignore. :turboalex:

May his souls rest in piece, a man that should get a medal and a statue.

But with an asterisk *good man, poor speller.

I did manage to throw this together yesterday while I was half drunk and watching the Bengals destroy the Jets.

Here's the lamb bacon wrapped lamb.

IMAG0313_zpse0ef7b88.jpg

IMAG0318_zps7262bb8f.jpg

I decided to try the traditional koobideh recipe and used beef only. The verdict...I like it better with lamb, venison, and pork mixed in. The meat was just lacking the flavor that the lamb and venison add.

IMAG0314_zpsc6c04970.jpg

IMAG0320_zps84a9d51d.jpg

I completely forgot I thawed out some goat, so I took the leftover roasted tomatoes, peppers, some harissa, saffron, and a bunch of other stuff and cooked it overnight. Really good, but spicy as hell.

IMAG0323_zpsb92440d0.jpg