The Cigar Thread

Kerplop

I love LP. No matter what is is we go all out...Cars, guns, houses, wives, cigars...you name it someone on here is an expert and takes it to a whole new level. I'm not a big smoker but two of my good friends from work love to smoke a cigar. Plenty a winter night shift I've spent taking a lap around the building in the middle of a testing program and I do enjoy the smell of their cigars.

They hit up a cigar bar with their smokes at least once a month. I will have to go along and try one out with a drink.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use uber in toronto it's awesome

Padron 1964 torpedo. Always an excellent smoke. Box worthy in every way. They plume very fast so best to age for 4 months or until plume begins. That said, an excellent stick that can be enjoyed straight out of the box.

image.jpg

I love LP. No matter what is is we go all out...Cars, guns, houses, wives, cigars...you name it someone on here is an expert and takes it to a whole new level. I'm not a big smoker but two of my good friends from work love to smoke a cigar. Plenty a winter night shift I've spent taking a lap around the building in the middle of a testing program and I do enjoy the smell of their cigars.

They hit up a cigar bar with their smokes at least once a month. I will have to go along and try one out with a drink.

Take it slow! And try something "Medium bodied." I recommend even something lighter for starters. A puff a minute is also a safe bet. Or twice a minute. Don't be like me in college, smoked a Cohiba that was gifted to me WAY too fast on an empty stomach = puking.

Humidor arrives today. Been reading up on "seasoning" the humidor. Going to go to the B&M and grab me some sticks to celebrate. I'm super excited!

Humidor arrives today. Been reading up on "seasoning" the humidor. Going to go to the B&M and grab me some sticks to celebrate. I'm super excited!

Easy. Just stick a saucer of distilled water in there and LEAVE IT ALONE for a day. Don't crack it open. Some say you can wipe the wood down - I've heard not to.

Then put your sticks in and keep an eye on the RH. The key is to not open the box every minute of every day.

Easy. Just stick a saucer of distilled water in there and LEAVE IT ALONE for a day. Don't crack it open. Some say you can wipe the wood down - I've heard not to.

Then put your sticks in and keep an eye on the RH. The key is to not open the box every minute of every day.

I've heard mixed stories and read mixed stories. The wipe down is a very light wipe of a towel with distilled water on dry wood only. Not necessary on humidors that have some humidity already. I've also read the same thing you posted which is to put a shot glass of water inside for a day and let it do its thing.

Now I Just need to get it filled with tasty cigars. :icon_twisted:

I've heard mixed stories and read mixed stories. The wipe down is a very light wipe of a towel with distilled water on dry wood only. Not necessary on humidors that have some humidity already. I've also read the same thing you posted which is to put a shot glass of water inside for a day and let it do its thing.

Now I Just need to get it filled with tasty cigars. :icon_twisted:

It won't be hard to do! Just be careful, they add up fast!

I'm still trying to find a great online retailer. I've used CigarsInternational before for my non-Cuban purchases, but they have most of what I want out of stock.

Seasoned the humidor last night, added water. Woke up halfway through the night to check the humidity and it was at a happy 65. Checked it through the rest of the day, still 65. Stabilized at 65. I'm happy. That was easy! It's a small and simple humidor, but I went and looked it up and it has a lot of positive reviews on amazon and seems to seal well. Smells great, does the job for as few sticks as I have and smoke.

qriWpdpl.jpg

I also sent off 5 sticks today for a trade. Should be interesting to see what comes back.

Humidity still stable at 65-67. Pretty happy and proud of myself :)

Had an opus X Forbidden x Chilli pepper last night In honor of finishing my training at work (about 10 months worth) along with some eagle rare bourbon.

Damn thats a good cigar

Dig the hat! I haven't gone fishing in ages. Can't say I enjoy it by myself. More of a guy's day out kind of thing. RE: The Opus X. NOM NOM NOM. That sounds delicious!

Seeing lots of posts about Davidoff, have yet to try one. I guess I need to LOL. What Davidoff?

Best Cigar I've EVER had hands down Cohiba Siglo VI Gran Reserva. I've smoked 2 and I have 2 more aging waiting for a huge day to celebrate.

I love Cohiba Robustos

Cohiba Behike BHK 54 is the perfect size

Partagas Series D No. 4

Partagas Series E No. 2

Padron Family Reserve 45th Anniversary maduro is my fave Non-Cuban

my fave everyday is any Oliva "V"

Davidoff Oro d' Puro Gigante is another great smoke

When it comes down to it, smoke what you like and like what you smoke.

People that full of crap are people that say they smoke Cubans and "they are so strong" Then right then and there I know they don't know cigars because 95% of Cuban cigars are medium bodied.

BTW smoking cigars is great with Jack Daniels Silver Select.

You all have to try it.

I'm no expert but I sure am a connoisseur of cigars it just tends to happen when you smoke 20 to 25 cigars a week.

From Cabo last week…gotta love the Cubans...

post-10287-1387412487_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1387412718_thumb.jpg

Speaking to a few afficionados and learned something interesting: One of my favorite smokes thus far (Cusano 18 Double Connecticut) is made in the safe factory as Davidoffs. Someone was telling me if you find a consistency or way certain cigars are made, that looking for cigars from the same factory sometimes is a good way to do so since the people who make them tend to often do things similarly (even if they are different tobacco types). Not sure exactly how true this holds, but I suppose it would make sense.

Thoughts?

Just scored a few boxes of Arturo Fuente Anejo No. 77 "the Shark" at my local shop. Somehow they actually got in 18 boxes this year. This is a top-5 all time smoke for me so very happy to have added to my stash.

image.jpg

image.jpg

New arrival. Ramon Allones Small Club Corona (RASCC).

How do you like them? What about the RASS?

I'm looking for a killer robusto that has a great draw. Something medium-bodied but with tons of taste. I have too many little petite cigars with tight draws. This was my Thursday afternoon smoke/drink. H. Upmann Petite Corona (JFK's weapon of choice) - but was quite a hard smoke. Very good burn but super tight draw, not that enjoyable. The scotch? Love this stuff. I added a drop of water but it's not needed. Tons of peaty goodness without.

post-6125-1387750514_thumb.jpg