Chris Harris in an F12

SCL_Blackbird

While Harris' excitement is infectious for many, i find it often trite and expected. "Everything" is astonishing and breathtaking.

HOWEVER,

That being said, the more i see the F12, the more i love it. It's such a wonderful vehicle, design, execution and overall, the car just owns it.

Whomever owns one is a lucky individual in my book.

Beautiful car, cool drifting shots, but no owner is ever going to drive like that. I am looking forward to driving 1 someday.

☝️ this.

I am strongly considering the F12 in gray as my next DD, replacing the 612.

☝️ this.

get the FF, both ugly but at least the FF has 4 seats, more versatile as a DD.

I saw the F12 in person the other day, Ferrari lost the plot.

Pretty fun review. Not a fan of the Aventador jab, but then again, apples and oranges so to each their own.

☝️ this.

The F12 is one of the sexiest cars ever. Go for it :icon_thumleft:

get the FF, both ugly but at least the FF has 4 seats, more versatile as a DD.

I saw the F12 in person the other day, Ferrari lost the plot.

My wife turned down the FF. "Please don't bring that ugly thing home."

The FF would be a lot more appealing to me if it had 4 doors. All the new Ferrari's drive well but they are lacking in the looks department.

Pretty fun review. Not a fan of the Aventador jab, but then again, apples and oranges so to each their own.

The F12 is one of the sexiest cars ever. Go for it :icon_thumleft:

Chris Harris was banned from reviewing Ferrari's for a few years after repeatedly giving them bad reviews. Now, he owns a 599 and has worked his way into Ferrari's good graces. He has gone way over-the-top kissing the pony's ass. The Aventador destroys the F12.

All Chris Harris cares about is what you see in the video, having fun on the track. I like Chris Harris but his reviews have nothing to do with what is important to real buyers. But they are fun to watch and since the majority of his audience are not buying the cars that he is reviewing, it makes sense.

There is no way I would pay a premium for the F12. If I can find one in gray that is nicely optioned for sticker, I am interested.

He sold his 599 but your point still stands.

Other than audis all his reports seem to be reviewing something that is really good which is a shame because honesty is the currency. I get that they are a young small group trying to make a niche and are doing a good job so by bad mouthing products will not stand them in good stead but I just feel a lot of the vids are him going sideways and going "brilliant" a lot.

His fanboy antics at Evo were tiresome after a while.

For me, best Journo out there is Henry Catchpole by a country mile. Understated enthusiasm and a great writer. His 12c Europe road trip was soothing and engrossing to watch meaning it was informative rather than slide smoke scream which attracts youtube views.

Although it appears his days of being a journalist maybe over, Happy Metcalfe has always been my favorite. It's on to bigger and better things for Harry! :icon_thumleft:

I agree, Catchpole is probably the best of the (younger) generation.

Chris Harris was banned from reviewing Ferrari's for a few years after repeatedly giving them bad reviews. Now, he owns a 599 and has worked his way into Ferrari's good graces. He has gone way over-the-top kissing the pony's ass. The Aventador destroys the F12.

All Chris Harris cares about is what you see in the video, having fun on the track. I like Chris Harris but his reviews have nothing to do with what is important to real buyers. But they are fun to watch and since the majority of his audience are not buying the cars that he is reviewing, it makes sense.

I think CH would be considered one of the most honest journalists out there after he exposed the biggest name in the business and knew that by doing so he would be black listed from reviewing their cars. He wasn't banned because he gave them bad reviews but because he called them out on their souped up press cars. They have apparently mended the fences now, but it would be quite interesting to know who said sorry first, Ferrari or Harris.

Beautiful car, cool drifting shots, but no owner is ever going to drive like that. I am looking forward to driving 1 someday.

Well of course not. That's the whole point of Harris's videos - he's one of the few auto journalists who can honestly, truly drive a car to its absolute limits and talk about it whilst doing so. He is at "Stig" driving levels or just under and can present with the best of them. A typical road test with a typical driver would be booed off the stage - no one wants to see the F12 doddle around town in first gear. And I honestly believe they have footage of this thing driving around on the streets, but it's just too damned fast to show to the public.

And I'm astonished Ferrari let him drive one of their cars in a test after what he said about them. I applaud his actions since MOST journalists of various disciplines (particularly those in the US) are scared shitless to actually report what is REAL and happening, not just what they are paid or told they "should" d

I'm in love with the F12 - and this line from Harris sums it quite nicely:

"I wouldn't even look at an Aventador compared to this as a driving experience."

Of course he wouldn't, he can't drift the Aventador every 5 seconds, because that's what we all want to do, drifft at every single road deviation :rolleyes:

F12 is a very different car from an Aventador, looks wise, dynamics, different, anyway I believe we've covered this ad nauseam, best thing is to try for yourself not listen to what someone else likes any think you will feel the same, we are all different with different opinions, likes and dislikes, car journalists for me are like actors, they are there to entertain me, some do and some are annoying, Harris is a hit and miss for me.

As has been implied, he slams the Aventador because it simply can't be made to drift in the same manner safely. I think the F12 is an awesome machine, but I think we all know damn well the average Joe will confuse it for the new C7. While I don't really care much what said average Joe thinks, I would be implied to agree, hence I will still take an Aventador over, admittedly awesome, this car.

The difference in the Aventador and the F12 is huge. It shouldn't even be a discussion. The F12 makes for a great 3rd, 4th or 5th exotic. It would never be a thought as an only exotic. It's ugly as hell, the engines is in the wrong place and it has a double clutch. For a DD, yes. As an special exotic, NO! Even the C7 looks better than the F12. If I can pick up an F12 as a DD that would be great. But it is not on the same level as the Aventador.

As has been implied, he slams the Aventador because it simply can't be made to drift in the same manner safely. I think the F12 is an awesome machine, but I think we all know damn well the average Joe will confuse it for the new C7.

No. And no.

I think CH would be considered one of the most honest journalists out there after he exposed the biggest name in the business and knew that by doing so he would be black listed from reviewing their cars. He wasn't banned because he gave them bad reviews but because he called them out on their souped up press cars. They have apparently mended the fences now, but it would be quite interesting to know who said sorry first, Ferrari or Harris.

He didn't "expose" anything that people in the industry didn't already knew. Harris wanted to boost his image and "credibility" with being one of the few to publicly push one of the best known secrets in the auto world. By being "banned" from Ferrari he got increased exposure and notoriety.

The Aventador and F12 are such different cars in every respect, especially after seeing them in person. I'm a Lamborghini man but can appreciate the engineering in the F12. One thing about the F12 is how comfortable it is inside. The Aventador definitely is a much more aggressive visual assault on the road. I'd take the Aventador but the F12 is mighty sweet too

He didn't "expose" anything that people in the industry didn't already knew. Harris wanted to boost his image and "credibility" with being one of the few to publicly push one of the best known secrets in the auto world. By being "banned" from Ferrari he got increased exposure and notoriety.

True, but he went public with it and stated what every journo was thinking but was to afraid to say/didn't give a shit about. Why he did it is another matter but I think all "civilians" appriciated it. He did get increased exposure and rightly so. Now he is back in Ferrari's good grace so it was a win-win for him, the readers and the buyers.

To say that he only did it for his own personal gain is something I've heard quite a lot, but I doubt that was the case. It probably crossed his mind but it seems people think less of him because he did this and that it was a bad thing to do.. which I find a bit strange.