McLaren P1 - Definitive Wax detail

Peloton25

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But is it the offroad edition, seens high of the ground.

The same ability to lower itself in Race Mode allows the P1 to lift itself up that high for covering driveways or uneven ground.

Notice that it has the whole front bumper painted in body color. Unlike all the others we have seen so far. Weirdly specced car.

Go back and look at the car that started this thread - it's also painted. I think we will see a lot of cars like this as exposed carbon doesn't appeal to everyone.

peloton, did the 1st US car get delivered yet?

Have not see evidence of any delivered here yet - was told our first cars would begin arriving in February. This obviously US-spec car did arrive in NY via air freight this week - perhaps still a factory car as the McLaren Corporate office is also in NY.

2b1d2f98693811e38a70129190338bbb_8.jpg

We will have to see where it appears next. Hopefully my garage in four days with the keys left in my stocking. ;)

>8^)

ER

No - I am not yet successful enough to even afford a 12C.

A goal of McLaren ownership is in my future, but I am not sure that will ever be a P1 or the mighty F1 I covet so much.

>8^)

ER

No - I am not yet successful enough to even afford a 12C.

A goal of McLaren ownership is in my future, but I am not sure that will ever be a P1 or the mighty F1 I covet so much.

>8^)

ER

I am sure one day you will get your dream car! McLaren should put you on the payroll :eusa_dance:

The same ability to lower itself in Race Mode allows the P1 to lift itself up that high for covering driveways or uneven ground.

Go back and look at the car that started this thread - it's also painted. I think we will see a lot of cars like this as exposed carbon doesn't appeal to everyone.

Have not see evidence of any delivered here yet - was told our first cars would begin arriving in February. This obviously US-spec car did arrive in NY via air freight this week - perhaps still a factory car as the McLaren Corporate office is also in NY.

2b1d2f98693811e38a70129190338bbb_8.jpg

We will have to see where it appears next. Hopefully my garage in four days with the keys left in my stocking. ;)

>8^)

ER

Love that color! Keep us posted on the US delivery.

On my 12c if I switch from track to normal mode does the ride height change any?

On my 12c if I switch from track to normal mode does the ride height change any?

No change in ride height with the 12C in Track Mode. There is an optional lift system that was made available for 2013.

This will offer a good explanation of the differences between 12C and P1.

2. Suspended Animation

In the planning process it was deemed the suspension of the P1, or as McLaren calls it, “the world’s best car on road and track,” needs to adapt from casual drive to race-car focus at the touch of a button. The target roll stiffness is achievable with the hydraulic system underpinning the 12C. Controlling suspension heave, the up-and-down control of each axle, to the targeted level required something else. In the 12C, a Z-bar is fitted to control rear-axle heave. Heave is very important in a car like the P1 because at 150 mph it makes 1323 pounds of downforce. At that speed, even the smallest change in ride height will greatly affect aerodynamics and potentially upset the car’s balance. Also, McLaren wanted the ability to slam the P1 2.2 inches closer to the ground. So, what is McLaren to do? File a patent, of course. While the hardware is supplied by Tenneco, the hydraulic actuators (that look like a fancy damper) now feature four chambers, instead of two in the 12C’s hardware. The two extra chambers dictate ride height and control heave. Four additional accumulators (two at each axle) link the axles together. As in the 12C, the P1 is fitted with unequal-length control arms at the front at rear axles and relatively soft Eibach coil springs are at each corner. In the end, there are no anti-roll bars, no Z-bar, and eight hydraulic accumulators (there are four in the 12C).

The P1′s hydraulic actuators feature four chanbers, twice as many as are found in the 12C’s actuators.

33nckdw.jpg

From here: http://blog.caranddriver.com/ten-things-yo...ut-mclarens-p1/

>8^)

ER

This one is even more gag worthy

575784_694109690612659_741032095_n.jpg

Agreed that some parts need the carbon fiber but that orange is my most favorite color for the P1. Such a signature McLaren color and much better than that burnt orange it was released with.

I like that orange, but I have to say I dont like the look of that P1, at least from that angle.

:iamwithstupid: the exposed CF and black wheels looks insane IMO.

I guess theres an ass for every seat lol