Future Gallardo owner

BMWManiac

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ALWAYS get all the coverage you can get...you never know.

The $1800/year seems high.

That's a smig high, but it sure beats the hell out of my insurance quote for an Aventador :lol2:

Let me ask y'all something....I was trying to get an insurance quote through USAA and the quote they gave me was pretty respectable.....I'm 35, own my home, clean record, etc.....and I got a quote of about $900/6 months with a $1k deductible.

Now, the insurance agent said something for me to think about.....you don't want to get the lowest amount of coverage, even though it would be cheaper, because if I hurt someone and they see I was in a Lamborghini, that they would possibly try and milk me for all I'm worth.....

Is that just a reality or should I not look to into it? I think the lowest amount of coverage possible for full coverage, it was closer to $800/6 months and 5k miles/year.....

Thoughts? I might look at other agencies, but I love USAA and if possible, insure all my cars/houses through them. But if not, I can always just insure the Gallardo separately

Make sure you get plenty of uninsured/underinsured coverage.

Thanks for your service!!! No matter what lambo you buy it'll be a great day that you'll never forget.

With that said, I own both a 360 and a gallardo. They are two totally different cars. You can read all day about problems people have with both cars but all in all they are both great cars and are two exotics you can actually drive without service costing a fortune. My 360

I just did major service and f1 clutch in and all said and done like $8-9k. Not bad. The biggest thing to look for when buying is service history. I'd rather buy a higher mile car with service out the ying yang then a lower mile car with 8 owners and no records.

Before you buy, go look at both the 360

And the gallardo. Those here that have or have had both will tell you they are totally different cars. It's all about what YOU like 😃

Welcome to the best place on the web! As others have said thanks for your service and stay safe over there!

Q1. The spoiler pops up around 75mph.

Q2. I believe the buttons you are referring to are for the mode the car is in. Is it these:

0808_03_z%202009_lamborghini_gallardo_lP560-4%20corsa_mode.jpg

Actually, the buttons I'm referring to are the ones right above it! I see 4 x buttons split by a knob?

far left is DRL Off (daytime running lights)

next button to the right (on mine) is blank

knob in the middle is for side view mirror adjust or fold in (point it toward rear to fold mirror in)

next button to right of center knob is rear view cam - press it and rear view shows for about 60 seconds when moving forward (of course in reverse rear cam view is constant - but going forward it only shows if you press button - in some states I believe it's illegal to drive with rear cam on constantly)

far right button is nose lift system - press once to lift nose and dash icon flashes and then is on steady when nose is up. Press again and nose goes down and dash icon flashes and then goes off when nose is down (nose also goes down automatically over a certain speed - not sure what)

note that only 2009 and later have CORSA. Otherwise the mode is SPORT, AUTO and an icon that looks like a jellyfish for wet conditions (the gentlest driving mode) In pre 2009 - SPORT is most similar to CORSA (track or most aggressive shift mode) - but since you'll go for the stick - none of that matters.

this pic isn't the best quality but you get the idea

IMG_0665.JPG

Awesome, that is exactly the info I was looking for! Next up, what about the two buttons that go right underneath the "heated seats" button. Most of the time I have seen them blank, but on one occassion, I did some a pic on the driver's side button.

Awesome, that is exactly the info I was looking for! Next up, what about the two buttons that go right underneath the "heated seats" button. Most of the time I have seen them blank, but on one occassion, I did some a pic on the driver's side button.

The ON/OFF is for the HVAC system and ECON turns off the AC but keeps the system on.

As you can see I also have blank buttons adjacent to each so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

You'll find the same control units in Audis (maybe that'll help figure it out?)

As you might know - when you press the seat heater button - a number in the screen immediately below the button is lit and you can dial your preferred setting (zero to six I think). They do not automatically turn off when you turn off the car and re-start it - so if you don't manually kill the seat heater it goes on at whatever setting you left it at when you re-start the car. In that same window is the number for the fan setting which you set to your preference. And in the AUTO mode you set the thermostat - and let the car figure out how to keep it there. The thermostat setting is also shown in the same window unless you press either the fan button or seat heater button.

Forgive the dust in this photo. The car had just rolled off the truck. This is a delivery pic I took moments after my husband saw the car for the first time in person. He is reluctant to let me anywhere near Sarasota again - it was an expensive visit :D

IMG_0652.JPG

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...ic+brake+recall

You asked about recalls.

If you get CCB (carbon ceramic brakes) you'll want to read this ^

The stainless steel screws that secure the rotor (to the bell) may fail in 2007-2008-2009 Gallardos (also Murcis if you are considering one)

The letters give the specifics including VIN ranges.

It applies only to CCB and the problem exists only if used in "extreme salt conditions" (which could include winter or coastal salt water conditions).

Good luck with your search!

Thanks cake for all the pics and info! Yes, I'm talking about the blanks next to the "on/off" and "econ" buttons. I have seen maybe one interior pic that had a graphic of some sort on the driver side one...not sure...I just hate blank buttons!

I LOVE the red interior! I would like to own a grey/red combo Gallardo...not sure how many are out there, but that is my dream combo (but in a 6 speed manual)!

Thanks cake for all the pics and info! Yes, I'm talking about the blanks next to the "on/off" and "econ" buttons. I have seen maybe one interior pic that had a graphic of some sort on the driver side one...not sure...I just hate blank buttons!

I LOVE the red interior! I would like to own a grey/red combo Gallardo...not sure how many are out there, but that is my dream combo (but in a 6 speed manual)!

Cake has the nicest G on the Board....quickly followed by Fadi and M6Power. As for your combo in a 6MT....hate to break it to you but you are going to have to probably temper your color combo dreams if you really want that 6MT.

I do know a nice VI 6MT floating around with a VI and White interior.... ;)

Yeah, there is one at Lamborghini Houston that I'm in love with.....but it doesn't have heated seats. I could probably live without it, but when I'm spending that kind of money, which will be a once in a lifetime thing for me, I'd really like to have them. Other options I want can be added later, but heated seats I'm sure is not of them...

I'm interested in any manual....feel free to post up pics!

Cake has the nicest G on the Board....quickly followed by Fadi and M6Power. As for your combo in a 6MT....hate to break it to you but you are going to have to probably temper your color combo dreams if you really want that 6MT.

I do know a nice VI 6MT floating around with a VI and White interior.... ;)

Thanks, brother.

Cake, you are awesome for providing the OP with all of this info + pics! "you da man". :icon_mrgreen:

Yeah, there is one at Lamborghini Houston that I'm in love with.....but it doesn't have heated seats. I could probably live without it, but when I'm spending that kind of money, which will be a once in a lifetime thing for me, I'd really like to have them. Other options I want can be added later, but heated seats I'm sure is not of them...

I'm interested in any manual....feel free to post up pics!

The only thing you are mistaken about is the once in a life time thingy :icon_mrgreen:

You will get hooked you'll catch the bug and you will buy another then another you will also end up spending more than 60% of your spare time on LP so get ready for it, it's coming :icon_mrgreen:

I can see the buttons exist for spyder vs the coupe....see the button below the driver's side seat heater? What is that? Is there an option or something for the opposite side?

Gallardo.jpg

I can see the buttons exist for spyder vs the coupe....see the button below the driver's side seat heater? What is that? Is there an option or something for the opposite side?

That button is the rear window for spyders only. You can open it while the top is still up.

Do most people retrofit a 06+ navigation to the 04/05 models or go aftermarket? I love how clean it looks and hate that an 04/05 comes with a CD player and tape deck....really?