Lamborghini Gallardo standing mile world record

Tra1nEr

Sweet video. Congrats! Is that a nitrous tank and water meth?

Didn't your orange 570 2r hit 265mph???

inside is installed fire-extinguishing system.

also car is using methanol injection for cooling,

no nitrous.

orange 570 SL made 427 km/h, running full boost.

in black car we didnt have aim to show great exit speed,

so car was running lower boost in 5 and 6 gears.

inside is installed fire-extinguishing system.

also car is using methanol injection for cooling,

no nitrous.

orange 570 SL made 427 km/h, running full boost.

in black car we didnt have aim to show great exit speed,

so car was running lower boost in 5 and 6 gears.

Guess Yuri is nervous now huh? Lol. Go run down that GTR!!! Lmao.

Looking forward to seeing it run back in Moscow.

Just to fill in a few facts here as this seems like a sensible forum compared to some others I've seen discussing this record...

The prepped track was only better than the plain concrete for the last few runs, the rubbered section is less than the 1/8 I would say, the car is beyond it when Leonid changes into 3rd gear.

Leonid was running the car on circuit DOT tires, not drag radials (yes they are Hoosier).

Although it's reasonably nice for grip, there are a few seams in the concrete and a big dip that made the car lurch sideways on some runs where the TC was turned off. On a proper drag strip I see no reason not to hit 1.4 60ft and around 8.2 ET with some work.

The primary goal was to beat 21 seconds ET for the mile, and it was done with the minimal amount of stress on the car, so only good 1.4 mile runs were carried on into the mile. We worked on the 1/4 in order to get a good mile ET.

Without doubt we ran less power than the Orange car at the mile, the lower exit speed clearly shows this. However if required we could increase the power in 4th-6th gear, but once again, the ET was everything. In effect we got the ET by getting a good 1/4ET and terminal, which we carried for the remaining 3/4 of a mile.

The engine was only around 4.8L in capacity.

Boost levels were as follows:

Launch: 0.8bar

1st 1.2 bar

2nd 2.0 bar

3rd 2.6 bar

4-5th 2.8 bar

6th 2.75 bar

Lambda dropped to 0.79 in 6th gear as the EGT increased (target lambda changed with EGT)

Max EGT was only 1064ºC

Ignition advance was conservative, and if the previous ECU can be believed we were some 12 degrees off the previous levels! But this may go some way to explaining some of the issues of the past.

So importantly the engine stayed in one piece, the car didn't burst into flames and we have some scope for further improvements. The UGR setup was undoubtedly impressive but Leonid was looking to improve on it. The whole rebuild and new record was done in the space of 3 weeks, including taking a pre production ECU installation and getting it full integrated into the car. Both OEM engine ECUs were removed from the car, and subject to further testing the dashboard is okay, but one of the wheelspeed sensors has gone down and possibly some wiring for the G sensor needs looking at, so the ABS did come on. But we will have all these minor niggles resolved for Leonid early in 2014.

It would be nice to see the record pushed and I for one am happy to help Leonid go faster and quicker again.

Paul

Look forward to seeing this car compete over there. Did you get any 60 to 130 or 100 to 150 mph data? Would be curious to see those.

It's hard to give accurate times as I only have wheelspeeds to go by in the logs. The MoTeC dash does have logging enabled and I hadn't got as far as sending the GPS speed to the ECU via CAN to log.

But assuming the front wheelspeeds are reasonable accurate (no front wheel spin but some growth at high speed).

60-130mph 3.52 seconds

100-150mph 2.98 seconds

100-200mph 7.8 seconds

I know the tires are taller than stock and the wheelspeeds are coming from the factory ABS system, so I expect the high speed acceleration times to be on the conservative side.

It's hard to give accurate times as I only have wheelspeeds to go by in the logs. The MoTeC dash does have logging enabled and I hadn't got as far as sending the GPS speed to the ECU via CAN to log.

But assuming the front wheelspeeds are reasonable accurate (no front wheel spin but some growth at high speed).

60-130mph 3.52 seconds

100-150mph 2.98 seconds

100-200mph 7.8 seconds

I know the tires are taller than stock and the wheelspeeds are coming from the factory ABS system, so I expect the high speed acceleration times to be on the conservative side.

Nice! Thanks. When are the next events over there? Love the videos. I would love to come to one in the future. It is on my bucket list.

60-130mph 3.52 seconds

100-150mph 2.98 seconds

100-200mph 7.8 seconds

What wiring harness did you use?

Was it using front or rear wheel speed on the motec old ecu? I think Mine seemed pretty accurate but changed when I switched rear tires so I wasn't sure.

If it was egear, would it use the oem TCU still?

Thats awesome ,congrats !

20.8 is no joke. I am not sure you will be able to do that in moscow without VHT for the first 1/8..but who knows.

Enjoy the record! Its impressive for sure. Great shifting bTW.