Anyone into Offroad R/C cars? Any advice?

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been in and out of this hobby for a while now. I have helicopters, boats, and trucks. But what ive used the most is my HPI Baja 5b or 5SC. They are 1/5 scale trucks that are BadA** . They are expensive but imo there is nothing like it. Skip to 2 minutes and watch this video.

1/5 scale = that is sick! How much is that?

Roller frame about $1,000, Ready to Run around $1,500.

It's amazing the abuse these things can take!

Take my money

Im ready.. All you guys gotta do is get together and decide what scale we get.. Not only can we build a track behind my house, but we have the entire mountainside infront as well.

just got home from a weekly club race. I race 1-2 times a week and practice 2 days a week.

Allan, shoot me a pm and I'll tell you what to get.

Xray XB9E. outfit it right for around $1800 with a nice radio and you are good.

Traxxas cars are entry level cars. If you are going to do it, do it right the first time and skip Traxxas.

In the last year I have bought 25+ cars. I can steer you in the right direction.

just got home from a weekly club race. I race 1-2 times a week and practice 2 days a week.

Traxxas cars are entry level cars. If you are going to do it, do it right the first time and skip Traxxas.

In the last year I have bought 25+ cars. I can steer you in the right direction.

Way back I had associated rc10T. Loads of fun. Looking at the X-ray kits these rc cars have come a long way since then!

2007gallardo, what would you recommend for a truggy 1/8th?

Thanks! Will contact you as soon as the others decide to shit or get off the pot!

What do you race?

Way back I had associated rc10T. Loads of fun. Looking at the X-ray kits these rc cars have come a long way since then!

2007gallardo, what would you recommend for a truggy 1/8th?

I currently have 3 Durango DEX408T's. Pretty easy to drive fast. I tend to be pretty rough on cars and this truggy can bend driveshafts if you land wrong and hard. Tekno has a truggy coming out in the next week or two and I'm trying that considering I have 6-7 other Teknos. The Losi 2.0 Truggy is a good all around truggy and built like a tank.

Thanks! Will contact you as soon as the others decide to shit or get off the pot!

Cool.

What do you race?

Right now: Xray xb9e, Durango DEX408t and Tekno SCT410.

I was scrolling through this thread the other day and ended up buying a traxxas e-revo brushless yesterday. drove it around a parking lot for about 20 minutes, smashed it into a curb and its already broken lol

I can see how this can get expensive.

I was scrolling through this thread the other day and ended up buying a traxxas e-revo brushless yesterday. drove it around a parking lot for about 20 minutes, smashed it into a curb and its already broken lol

I can see how this can get expensive.

The traxxas cars are super easy to get parts for and repair.

I see you got your car Allan.......

NSFW BELOW

post-8895-1389084407_thumb.png

I see you got your car Allan.......

NSFW BELOW

We had a blast! My driving skills arent that good yet so I kept poking her in her bunghole!

We had a blast! My driving skills arent that good yet so I kept poking her in her bunghole!

Well, at least you were consistent.. :eek3dance: