Visiting vineyards in France, need help/input/suggestions?

TRANSAMERA

Calling all members that have visited/toured/stayed at vineyards in France (or somewhere around that area but preferably France)

Where to go, how to do it, what to think about?

Any member from the area that might hook a brother up perhaps?

Thanks guys!

What sort of wine are you interested in? I take it you would rather go to a co-operative / wineries rather than a vineyard.

Well, it actually is a present for an older gentleman (not Allan old, this man still has teeth and can walk upright)

Do you have any tips on where to look/go?

Well, it actually is a present for an older gentleman (not Allan old, this man still has teeth and can walk upright)

Do you have any tips on where to look/go?

Heard you already made reservations... Have fun!

chateau_le_gay_pomerol_france_10157279.jpg

You love the bubbly. Stay in Epernay for a day or two and walk up and down the Avenue de Champagne and get trashed at the headquarters of all the greats. Plenty of vineyards that offer cellar tours and tastings close by.

Pro drunk-tip, buy Somac 20mg tablets before going, and take one every morning. 247 drinking champagne & wines can be hard to stomach.

Set a trip up thru a travel agent. You want to try a little boutique vineyard. You'll get a lunch and taste some pretty damn good wines

I tried googling my way to something solid but I can't seem to find anything all packaged up.

Someone here must have the lowdown!? Or don't ya pussies enjoy wine :la:

There a specific vineyard you like as opposed to others? Contact them directly and go that route. Set your friends up with a nice vrbo and boom there you go. I can get you some info and contacts for places there but would be some work. If you cant find anything let me know as I would have to give them your info.

Been to Bordeaux twice. I would suggest staying in St. Emilion for a few days and then move over and stay in Bordeaux proper.

Stay here in St. Emilion: http://www.hostellerie-plaisance.com/uk/navigation.htm

Stay here in Bordeaux: http://www.ghbordeaux.com/uk/index.php

Sort through some chateaus you might like to see in both regions, St. Emilion and Pomerol on the right bank (around the town of St. Emilion) and Pauillac, St. Julien, Margaux, St. Estephe, etc. on the left bank (Bordeaux).

Start emailing/calling and setting up tasting appointments direct with the Chateau and try to schedule things in order on a map. Most of the chateaus you will want to see on the left bank are all located off the D2 and you can hit them in sequential order.

Been to Bordeaux twice. I would suggest staying in St. Emilion for a few days and then move over and stay in Bordeaux proper.

Stay here in St. Emilion: http://www.hostellerie-plaisance.com/uk/navigation.htm

Stay here in Bordeaux: http://www.ghbordeaux.com/uk/index.php

Sort through some chateaus you might like to see in both regions, St. Emilion and Pomerol on the right bank (around the town of St. Emilion) and Pauillac, St. Julien, Margaux, St. Estephe, etc. on the left bank (Bordeaux).

Start emailing/calling and setting up tasting appointments direct with the Chateau and try to schedule things in order on a map. Most of the chateaus you will want to see on the left bank are all located off the D2 and you can hit them in sequential order.

Excellent post, thank you sir!

Anyone else like to fill in?

There a specific vineyard you like as opposed to others? Contact them directly and go that route. Set your friends up with a nice vrbo and boom there you go. I can get you some info and contacts for places there but would be some work. If you cant find anything let me know as I would have to give them your info.

No, not really, but it would be cool to see Armand de Brignac :) You have the contact there? Thanks buddy, appreciate it!

Probably easier to get your booze at the liquor store.

:iamwithstupid:

Paging Smurfballs and anyone else that don't only drink Bud Light :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_super:

this is a good resource

http://wine-tours-france.com/

bare in mind that depending on the time of the year the tours will be different...best time of the year is always around September, you can follow the harvest of the grapes and the wine making process, also witness the evolution of the grape juice trough the different steps of fermentation and it's transformation in wine...

if we are talking of someone of age, an organized Tour is definetly your best option...either that or tour around the wine making regions in a car and visit the wineries "solo" all the wineries are happy to receive visits...

you cant go wrong with the Champagne Region and Bordeaux...

...i can send you links for some of the good wineries there...

this is a good resource

bare in mind that depending on the time of the year the tours will be different...best time of the year is always around September, you can follow the harvest of the grapes and the wine making process, also witness the evolution of the grape juice trough the different steps of fermentation and it's transformation in wine...

if we are talking of someone of age, an organized Tour is definetly your best option...either that or tour around the wine making regions in a car and visit the wineries "solo" all the wineries are happy to receive visits...

Send me the links asap brother!! Thank you, and oh, I hope the "thing yesterday" went well ;)

this is a good resource

OMG, I just checked, those prices were insane, I was thinking around half that and maybe 1-2 days instead of 5-6 days.. Remember, it is a frikkin gift :)

Send me the links asap brother!! Thank you, and oh, I hope the "thing yesterday" went well ;)

you can do a full day with this or separate it in 2 days...

Morning Wine Tour

Afternoon Tour

that and then offer a nice dinner in one of the many places in the area...that and/or some personalized wine bottles...

thing Yesterday is still here today... ;)

No, not really, but it would be cool to see Armand de Brignac :) You have the contact there? Thanks buddy, appreciate it!

:iamwithstupid:

For you or your gift? Cause will probably take some work on my end and rather do it for you as opposed to someone I don't know (giftee) if you know what I mean.

For you or your gift? Cause will probably take some work on my end and rather do it for you as opposed to someone I don't know (giftee) if you know what I mean.

I'll shoot you a PM soon bro!

another cool gift is signing the person you want to give the gift on a wine club...I belong to severall and it's just cool to have different wines from all around the World delivered to your door every month...

speaking of wich 11:30am time to open the 1st botte!

cheers!

another cool gift is signing the person you want to give the gift on a wine club...I belong to severall and it's just cool to have different wines from all around the World delivered to your door every month...

speaking of wich 11:30am time to open the 1st botte!

cheers!

Great idea! I actually allready privately import wine from France :icon_thumleft:

Cheers!