Anyone insured with Hagerty

LPDADDY

So I have had both my M1 and JagXJ220 insured with Hagerty for the last year as they just expanded their operations into Canada and I cannot speak highly enough about them. The premiums are not dirt cheap compared to some of the premiums I have heard you guys pay in some of the states but for Canada, they are very good.

My M1 is insured for 400k and the premium is $1142, the Jag costs twice as much for 300k, I don't know why but they tell me it is because the car is newer, 1993 vs 1979.

That compares to $4200 for the 722 at 500k.

I assume these sums sound massive for the US but, they are very good deals for Canada.

And , I had little snag with the Jag that will require some repair, pricey repair . The adjuster has been so nice, agreeable and cooperative that I have a hard time believe he works for an insurance company. He basically approved everything without knowing the exact cost and advanced 50k to the dealership repairing the car so that they do not suffer hardship.

To top it up my renewal came and the premiums haven't changed,

I am so impressed the way they handled the claim, I will try and place every vintage car with them. The premims are not good on newer cars as the mileage restrictions get in the way and I feel they don't particularly want that business.

My point is, I have been insured with a lot of companies, Royal sun Alliance being my main insurer for years, Chubb on and off as I find they are one the most expensive out there. Anytime I had a claim, and I don't have many, it was a headache and a fight.

I will stick with Hagerty forever as they had treated me with utmost respect and class, pure shocker to me.

I would love to hear your experiences, with Hagerty or others. The other huge bonus is hagerty does not require yearly appraisals, they have a pretty extensive database and their own price quides. I have gone through them and they are not 100% correct, lot of discrepensies and I can see that being a problem getting a car insured at actual fair market value. I am not so sure whow they are handling the countach situation, but I am sure it is not straight forward and valuations are fluctuating between the different model.

Feedback please on all the experiences you have had, good of bad.

Proof reading this, I just noticed I repeated feedback and experinces 3 times lol. Sorry : :icon_mrgreen:

No feedback, but your experience sounds good. I might get a quote and switch from Chubb. Expensive as hell, but hassle free. If Hagerty is pain free, might be worth a look

What sort of limitations does Hagerty have?

I'm curious about this as well from a car owners perspective. The rep I talked to at Hagerty explained it must be garaged, not your daily driver, and can only be used for auto events and ocasional cruising (but not to perform any type of "errand"). This is where I was a little confused, if I drive the car to get a sandwich it is not insured, but if I am driving the car then then decide to get a sandwich because I got hungry while driving he said that would be insured. Not sure how you can tell the difference? Usually if I go for a drive, there is some sort of destination. So if I'm going for an hour drive which results in lunch somewhere do I need to worry about coverage? Or what if I get the car out to drive to the pool? I only drive this car, maybe twice a month on the weekends (car events or taking it somewhere to run it), and to work maybe once or twice a year on days where there is no traffic.

What sort of limitations does Hagerty have?

http://www.hagerty.ca/insurance/Classic-Ca...Vehicle-Qualify

Spoke to them once, they were nice on the phone. Was looking at an older RHD JDM car, but as the insurance says, they won't insure cars used on the track at all (racing school at most) and the premiums were a lot higher than I felt was worth it for a secondary car. Shame as I really would have liked an R32 GTR

Aram what are your deductibles on those 3 vehicles? My SLR deductible was $15,000 however my premium was $2,200/year. My insured value was $430,000.

I'm curious about this as well from a car owners perspective. The rep I talked to at Hagerty explained it must be garaged, not your daily driver, and can only be used for auto events and ocasional cruising (but not to perform any type of "errand"). This is where I was a little confused, if I drive the car to get a sandwich it is not insured, but if I am driving the car then then decide to get a sandwich because I got hungry while driving he said that would be insured. Not sure how you can tell the difference? Usually if I go for a drive, there is some sort of destination. So if I'm going for an hour drive which results in lunch somewhere do I need to worry about coverage? Or what if I get the car out to drive to the pool? I only drive this car, maybe twice a month on the weekends (car events or taking it somewhere to run it), and to work maybe once or twice a year on days where there is no traffic.

The most important part of the policy is the fact that the car is not your DD. I have 3000km a year mileage restriction which is fine by me, the cars are both garaged and the garage has full security.

Aram what are your deductibles on those 3 vehicles? My SLR deductible was $15,000 however my premium was $2,200/year. My insured value was $430,000.

I have a $20,000 deductible on the 722, insured value is $500,000 . The problem is where I live in Toronto has the worst insurance rating in Ontario and my premiums are 30% higher than what they would be anywhere else in the province.

The M1 and Jag have a $2,500 deductible.

The most important part of the policy is the fact that the car is not your DD. I have 3000km a year mileage restriction which is fine by me, the cars are both garaged and the garage has full security.

Thats what I thought when I called, but the rep sounded like I would have to prove that I wasn't using the car as transportation in the event of an accident. Car is in secured garage and rarely driven, I should be fine right? It is currently underinsured and rates are almost double Hagerty, this seemed like a no brainer before I called them.

Thats what I thought when I called, but the rep sounded like I would have to prove that I wasn't using the car as transportation in the event of an accident. Car is in secured garage and rarely driven, I should be fine right? It is currently underinsured and rates are almost double Hagerty, this seemed like a no brainer before I called them.

Hagerty is great if you do less than 3000 kms and don't drive to work or use it daily etc. I for one don't want to be watching the miles and where I go . And as pointed out above if you break the conditions of the policy for use or mileage you are on your own

Hagerty has a great 125 mile radius protection, and it converts to your daily should you break down.

Yes there are restrictions, but, if you can live with them, they are great.

I have zero deductible 100% agreed value. It works for me.

Hagerty has a great 125 mile radius protection, and it converts to your daily should you break down.

Yes there are restrictions, but, if you can live with them, they are great.

I have zero deductible 100% agreed value. It works for me.

Here's a restriction right from their website

" ***Occasional pleasure use does not mean use for daily driving to and from work or school, routine shopping, etc. "

Here's a restriction right from their website

" ***Occasional pleasure use does not mean use for daily driving to and from work or school, routine shopping, etc. "

Sounds pretty vague

I don't use my car for daily driving.

It would be up to them to prove otherwise and as long as you don't fall into a pattern , you will be fine.