black...

Albert-LP

it's very difficult to take a good picture of a black car, expecially of a bright black color. A nightmare: ok, this is just a phone picture, but it's not easy at all to have a clean picture without reflections.

Any suggestion how to take good pictures of a black car?

thanks

ciao

post-23010-1389888316_thumb.jpg

Lighting is key for any photography.

... some cloud cover or late afternoon.

Yes, this tricks works, but it's not easy: i often saw clouds on the front bonnet in the picture. I tried sometimes to put the car under the long shade of a tall building. But i was looking for a software remedy to take out reflections: this fotographer did it, but how? i'm looking for that phostoshop trick.

ciao

post-23010-1389890405_thumb.jpg

Wow car looks great. Just got rid of mine. That is a perfect picture.

Thanks. But i would like to take a good picture of my car by myelf. I Showed two pictures of the same car: in one the car looks great, in the others looks bad.

ciao

That's a very good picture Topcabron, but you did not pictured a large plane surface like the front end of the car: that's a perfect mirror and a nightmare to picture. There you need some photoshop trick like Matteo Grazia of Italiansupercar used. My avatar was an Italiansupercar picture as well and in fact it does not show any reflection on the front: how did he take out the reflections? I would like to learn that

ciao

picture taken by myself, on a cloudy day: better, but not perfect. You need a snow type cloud like that to have a good result: a very rare cloud...

post-23010-1389897176_thumb.jpg

taking the photo inside forget it.. you will always see the light reflections. you can however turn off the lights and set the camera flash to remain OFF. hold the camera perfectly steady and maybe get a good shot. Your best bet is out side with the car parked in the shade. Of course i suck at photos too and have never really "captured" a good one of my car either:

P1011413.JPG

P1011949.JPG

Cloudy day

you can count the cloud number on your bonnet: there is a picture of the sky on it. That's a nightmare. You must have or the sky all grey or the sun without any cloud to take a good picture

taking the photo inside forget it.. you will always see the light reflections. you can however turn off the lights and set the camera flash to remain OFF. hold the camera perfectly steady and maybe get a good shot. Your best bet is out side with the car parked in the shade. Of course i suck at photos too and have never really "captured" a good one of my car either:

I would say you captured the car very well

picture taken by myself, on a cloudy day: better, but not perfect. You need a snow type cloud like that to have a good result: a very rare cloud...

Albert that's stunning! I wish I saw that in person last May :(

:headbang: What a car! These photos make me want a Countach, that's stunning ken qv.

Thanks, guys: we assembled a very interesting "black power" bunch :). A Black Countach requires a very skillful photographer to shine in a picture, but looks always great when seen in person and not through a picture.

ciao

WOW, Thanks guys... I REALLY appreciate the compliments. Always saw myself owning a white one but black does have a nice look to it ... especially at night.. and night photos solve our problems :)

P1011983.JPG

P1011719.JPG

WOW, Thanks guys... I REALLY appreciate the compliments. Always saw myself owning a white one but black does have a nice look to it ... especially at night.. and night photos solve our problems :)

yeah that's pretty much perfect.

get a good camera, a good lens, and a polarize filter.. you can adjust the reflection with it.

Thanks! i'm not a photo expert, so i did not know that.

Those night pictures are GREAT. :icon_thumleft:

ciao

guys stop playing around and get a pro to shoot those beauties for our viewing pleasure, ken qv and Albert, I would love to see a set of professional photos :icon_thumleft: