black...

Albert-LP

you should have bought a white one...end of questions

we all know countach must be white (...better if red interior!)

you should have bought a white one...end of questions

we all know countach must be white (...better if red interior!)

:D

Bulls are black and white is just good to clean and for pictures!

(and then you know the best looking Countach is always just the one we own...) :)

ciao

yes, they are all nice to me

i happen to like the "strange" colors: like verde, rame colorado, blue, luci del bosco etc...

I also struggled with my own photos; a black car is very hard to keep clean, and when it's polished the reflections sometimes spoil the shot - see first photo below. So here are some professional photos of my much missed LP400S2: the second photo below is from the auction site when I bought the car, the third is from the recent 'Classic Cars' magazine article and the fourth is from a photoshoot for charity with Krafty Kuts (a well-known UK DJ).

9714173132_69a1ff6d3f_o.jpg

DSC_3524.JPG

10674805226_13efa0e4c1_k.jpg

Krafty_Kutz_JVDW.jpg

There is of course another alternative, which is to process your own photos in black and white:

11775720526_6ad5a7c3b2_k_BW.jpg

Cheers

Jonathan

I also struggled with my own photos; a black car is very hard to keep clean, and when it's polished the reflections sometimes spoil the shot - see first photo below. So here are some professional photos of my much missed LP400S2: the second photo below is from the auction site when I bought the car, the third is from the recent 'Classic Cars' magazine article and the fourth is from a photoshoot for charity with Krafty Kuts (a well-known UK DJ).

Cheers

Jonathan

A stunning car and great pictures!

black is an impressive color, if you can handle it. I think best angle for a black Countach is the front with an angle that allows the side upper air intake to be higher that the roof: no other color looks good froma that angle. But it's also the most difficult angle to have a clean picture of a black Countach. The worst looking angle for black is the side view.

I love this picture here below, but it should be cleaned from all those reflections

post-23010-1389960296_thumb.jpg

get a good camera, a good lens, and a polarize filter.. you can adjust the reflection with it.

This. I let me car be used for a photo shoot. Pretty amazing what can be done.

post-4314-1389967037_thumb.jpg

how did you increase the file size??

ciao

:D Black is best

There is not a best color for Countach, as it's very good looking in every color as just a masterpiece can do, but black color enhances the car aggressivity and intimidating shape, that is Countach best feature.

ciao

Guy's, no issue. Your cars all look great. Lighting is lighting. Cameras are cameras. Mix it all up and you'll always get something different with most colors.

I could post 5 different photos of my car. All looking 5 different shades of blue.

Great pics guys! Thank you for sharing!

Ken, this is my personal choice as "best black Countach picture" not coming from a movie. It shows at top level what Countach looked to be 30+ years ago: an intimidating alien spaceship coming directly from hell. Congrats!

ciao

PS

"best black Countach picture" means "best Countach picture" too... :)

post-23010-1390203268_thumb.jpg

I almost bought a white with tan interior 25th on Saturday even though I hate the car. I just want to install a Kreisseig on a countach.

I almost bought a white with tan interior 25th on Saturday even though I hate the car. I just want to install a Kreisseig on a countach.

...I was told it sounds better on black cars: change your mind... :D

ciao

...I was told it sounds better on black cars: change your mind... :D

ciao

I have no issue with black or white. The 25th looks good with either color, I just want a Kreisseig again and I believe it sounds best on a countah.

Daddyo! Get the Countach! White is right! My car just got back.and soon I'll show these little boys how to take pics!

let's have a contest! :icon_mrgreen:

You need a polarizing filer for your camera Albert.

aidanwojtas-polarising-filter-1.jpg

post-25208-1389952549_thumb.jpg

One of the best Countach photos I've ever seen! Seriously, I get goose bumps by looking at it.

You need a polarizing filer for your camera Albert.

aidanwojtas-polarising-filter-1.jpg

One of the best Countach photos I've ever seen! Seriously, I get goose bumps by looking at it.

Thanks

ciao

Another option to the polarizing filter is to take the shot in an area, like you did in this shot, that has clean reflections. The large size of the black car in the photo will trick the camera into overexposing the shot. I took the liberty of taking your shot and cropping some of the photo. I also darkened the photo with a neutral density overly to correct the exposure. I straightened the photo, cloned out the beer can in the gutter and added a little vignetting to shift the focus to the car. Anyway I thought you may be interested in some photo editing techniques.

Other recommendation;

If you had shifted your position a little you could have eliminated the reflections in the roof.

If you had shot the photo with a larger aperture you could have blurred the background, minimizing it as a distraction.

Cheers Jim

Before

DSCF5132.jpg

After

DSCF5132__1_.jpg

Another option to the polarizing filter is to take the shot in an area, like you did in this shot, that has clean reflections. The large size of the black car in the photo will trick the camera into overexposing the shot. I took the liberty of taking your shot and cropping some of the photo. I also darkened the photo with a neutral density overly to correct the exposure. I straightened the photo, cloned out the beer can in the gutter and added a little vignetting to shift the focus to the car. Anyway I thought you may be interested in some photo editing techniques.

Other recommendation;

If you had shifted your position a little you could have eliminated the reflections in the roof.

If you had shot the photo with a larger aperture you could have blurred the background, minimizing it as a distraction.

Cheers Jim

Great job, Jim, thanks!

ciao