INFO Please!!

toyroy2003

Anyone know anything about this car? 1999 Diablo Roadster, lives in South Cali...being offered by a "Broker" down there. I have had mixed responses as to the fact it has "some" paint work, i.e. front bumper due to road rash...but then have been told by some the entire back section of the car was re-painted..but no explanation as to why. Has clean Carfax and Auto check. I know must all the Diablos out there..but this one has escaped my radar...any info appreciated.

Thanks Roy

post-23696-1391021674_thumb.jpg

post-23696-1391021681.jpg

I think that is the first 1999 Roadster I have seen in that color. Is that a factory color in 1999?

I think that is the first 1999 Roadster I have seen in that color. Is that a factory color in 1999?

Yes, it is Factory color as per the original Window sticker. I have also found out that there was a 99 Alpine SV, Car #5 painted in this color as well from the factory. It was first delivered to Nick Cage. It recently was involved in an accident in the Colorado State area. It is being offered for sale at $85K..has rear end body damage on both sides rear fenders and bumper. From the pics I saw, I would guess a $45K plus repair bill.

I saw one exactly like that up here in Canada during the summer, black wing and all. I'm thinking if it could be the same one because it is a rare colour.

I saw one exactly like that up here in Canada during the summer, black wing and all. I'm thinking if it could be the same one because it is a rare colour.

I know the one in Canada..have seen it a few times at car shows up there and charity events..sorry to break your bubble..but its a Replica..done very very well, but its not a real Lamborghini.

I know the one in Canada..have seen it a few times at car shows up there and charity events..sorry to break your bubble..but its a Replica..done very very well, but its not a real Lamborghini.

Wouldn't you spend big $$$ in order to do a replica very, very well?

Pretty sure that car perished in a garage fire. One less replica may be a positive thing but any fire is never good. The only fortunate thing is no one was hurt.

It was actually the 01 6.0 Kev. I had 3 of them if it is the pearl orange which is what that one looks like. Never seen a U.S. 99 in that color though.

Ugh! Great call Bill, that was an amatuer mistake!

Yes the orange roadster that is in BC is a replica. I ran into him at a gas station in Kelowna a few years back. The replica is done pretty good and the owner plays off that it is real lol

Roy, I did hear that the orange real roadster changed hands recently! I can't help you with the paint work question but that would be a very collectable roadster if you get it!!

Yes the orange roadster that is in BC is a replica. I ran into him at a gas station in Kelowna a few years back. The replica is done pretty good and the owner plays off that it is real lol

Roy, I did hear that the orange real roadster changed hands recently! I can't help you with the paint work question but that would be a very collectable roadster if you get it!!

Yes..it changed hands...now in mine...should be to my shop by this weekend. Lots of research and thanks to Lambo Newport Beach for their great PPI and history they knew on the car. They sold it and delivered it to the owner I bought it from back in 2003. So they had all the history and knowledge of the car. As far as paint and accident's. No accidents. The front bumper was recently resprayed due to standard road rash/rock chips... as well as the rear bumper area under the exhaust that had dis-colored from heat from the exhaust (have had this on several Diablos in the past) so it as well was recently re-sprayed at an authorized location with OEM product. Excited to see it get here..

The replica

post-1321-1391115002.jpg

Ah yes, now I remember rhyno mentioning that the orange one is a replica in another thread.

That's a shame, I saw driving past me on the other side of the road and I could of swore it had all the right proportions to be a real one.

I saw it up here in Edmonton, Alberta this summer.

Congrats Roy! Is this one a keeper? Did VCR buy it from you already lol

The replica is a NAERC kit. The molds where pulled off real Diablos so the proportions are exact. There was a guy in Vancouver making good kits for awhile, I think his name was Ron Dolling.

:D :lol2: :lol2: :lol:

I wish...

Sorry you are limited to ONE car a year...

BOTH you and RYHNO get the best of the best and quickly take them across the boarder out of the USA...ONE day I will probably get killed by US owners PISSED I sell the good ones to you "Canadians Eh" and the leave the country LOL LOL

Sorry you are limited to ONE car a year...

BOTH you and RYHNO get the best of the best and quickly take them across the boarder out of the USA...ONE day I will probably get killed by US owners PISSED I sell the good ones to you "Canadians Eh" and the leave the country LOL LOL

Just proved that your neighbours up north have very good taste and know a great gem when they see one. :)

Look on the bright side, at least we are within reasonable driving distance from you so you are more than welcome to visit and check out the cars; instead of way up north where snowmobile is the proper mode of transportation this time of the year.

I will be happy to take more amazing Lambos off your USA hands and bring them to my Igloo up north!!

I think VCR and I both suffer from the same Lambo-itis disease lol

So how much you selling the Orange Roadster for? I know VCR wants it to match my collection!