Best 1st Handgun for HD?

uurfantasy

The M&P9 was definitely more comfortable to hold, which is why its on my list. Leaning more towards the M&P9....

Do yourself a favor and go fondle a Sig 226 or 229 before you commit.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have narrowed it down to the Glock 17,19, S&W M&P9 9mm as a primary gun for me to attend my pistol class and practice with. Will also be taking the home defense shotgun class and buying a shotgun as well.

Thanks for the advice guys. Got some shooting to do over the next few weeks.

Also note that some guns are complex and if something breaks, you have to have a gunsmith fix them or ship them to the factory for repairs. Glocks are ugly and feel a little odd in my hand, but they can be stripped down to the bare frame in about 20 seconds. And if any single part of the gun breaks other than the frame you just go to Glockmeister or one of the other sites and buy any part you need and can repair it yourself with ease, and parts are cheap. That's a huge selling point for me. That's not the case with a lot of guns. If something breaks, it's off to the repairman for them.

Just something to think about. I love revolvers and can strip mine down pretty easily. But if a part breaks, I can't just go to revolvermeister.com, get a new one and I'm back in business real quick. I can try to hunt down parts but doubt I will find it. I would most likely have to mail it off to S&W and that's a pain in my asshole. Same goes for a lot of semi autos.

I don't know anything about the M&P so others may be able to chime in on repairability, etc.

Ok....m short barrel shotguns... I have the keg 12 (or as I like to call it, the "PMT": Bonus points for anybody who guesses why. ).

I shot a turkey load at a beaver from about ten yards. Water all around the beaver in about a five foot radius was clearly hit.... Beaver in the middle- not.

The M&P9 was definitely more comfortable to hold, which is why its on my list. Leaning more towards the M&P9....

I'd take the M&P all day over Glock in my opinion

Ok....m short barrel shotguns... I have the keg 12 (or as I like to call it, the "PMT": Bonus points for anybody who guesses why. ).

I shot a turkey load at a beaver from about ten yards. Water all around the beaver in about a five foot radius was clearly hit.... Beaver in the middle- not.

PMT. Point, maim & tickle?

Pointless Maiming Tool

I have my M&P 45 close by with some Remington Golden Saber in the mags and my Uplula on the side. Also working on my urban assault mod for the rifle.

2014_02_08_20.26.11.jpg

545524_10150893172186527_327403676_n.jpg

560592_10150858867686527_298387910_n.jpg

I've always wanted two Glock 18C's with extended 33-round magazines, suppressors, and laser designators chillin in my headrests. Ring any bells?

I actually shot 2 of these a few years back minus the suppressors and whatnot. I smiled for days. Lol. Too bad that all examples are post '86 so they will never be available for civilian purchase

I've always wanted two Glock 18C's with extended 33-round magazines, suppressors, and laser designators chillin in my headrests. Ring any bells?

Transporter 3...loved 1, tolerated 2, hated 3.

Nope... Hint:

post-2783-1391955616.png

:icon_mrgreen:

I'm lost. Sorry RD!

Transporter 3...loved 1, tolerated 2, hated 3.

I'm lost. Sorry RD!

:eusa_wall: Who is that?

I actually shot 2 of these a few years back minus the suppressors and whatnot. I smiled for days. Lol. Too bad that all examples are post '86 so they will never be available for civilian purchase

SO JEALOUS!

HannibalACP82: I completely agree! It's a shame that's how it seems to work with so many movies.

The dude from your post...Miami Vice?

And what is that dudes name?

And what is that dudes name?

Sorry RD. At that point in my life it was more Sesame Street then Miami Vice. Love the name! You should get it engraved on the side!

Why are their 556 suppressors on those Glocks...LOL

This is why we have such a pain the ass time getting a suppressor in the States. Thanks to Hollywood making everyone think that only Jason Bourne and assassins need/use them.