Countach look out

Pappyslambo

very good points!

i also use these kind of comparison and when you look at prices of other classics the countach looks almost a good deal still...considering how iconic it was and still is

look also at dino 246 prices for example or porsche RS 2700....

also VERY true that there is a LOT of interest around them...a friend of mine is looking for a carbed pre anniversary countach

he call me every weeck and we discuss the cars he find for sale, he believe the right price for a countach is 120-140k euro but cannot find a good one at the price

issue in Italy is that most people wants to buy at 2010 value while the sellers want to sell at "future" value

i think a realistic price for a QV today is around 150k euro...may be a bit more for very nice cars

issue is that nobody with a good car wants to part with it for that much and the few sellers wants 200k euro or more ...and sometimes even for not such good cars...

RESULT? almost no sales! ;)

Some cars were sold also here, at very high price: the Bestauto USA version and wrong color S2 was sold, i think the red QV of Mistraldreams too. 180 k euro asking for the S2, 206k euro asking for the QV. Do you know what the real selling price was?

ciao

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some cars were sold also here, at very high price: the Bestauto USA version and wrong color S2 was sold, i think the red QV of Mistraldreams too. 180 k euro asking for the S2, 206k euro asking for the QV. Do you know what the real selling price was? ciao

the s2 sold for asking...may be 10 less

i know the owner

nice car and the carbed 400s 5000s usa cars are basically euro cars with side markers and sometime a bumper added.

the red qv i do not know. ..was fantastic-low miles-all original.so one of few cars worth TOP money

Looks like Steve Waldie @ Interstate Motorsports recently sold a 88.5 fuelie. I wonder what he got for it. Blk/Blk, 6K mile car. I don't know what the condition was though.

the s2 sold for asking...may be 10 less

i know the owner

nice car and the carbed 400s 5000s usa cars are basically euro cars with side markers and sometime a bumper added.

the red qv i do not know. ..was fantastic-low miles-all original.so one of few cars worth TOP money

Here's reality...if you want to sell your car next week...what will you actually get ? That is the real price ! If you sell at an auction you may get a "good" price but not otherwise

Cars that are for sale for months or years are like "villas" in the Caribbean...nice to rent...but to buy...why ?

Paul

Here's reality...if you want to sell your car next week...what will you actually get ? That is the real price ! If you sell at an auction you may get a "good" price but not otherwise

Cars that are for sale for months or years are like "villas" in the Caribbean...nice to rent...but to buy...why ?

Paul

Mistraldreams QVDD was for sale for two years: sold at very close 200 K euro (260-270 K USD). The same happened to Bestauto 400S2. In a week you do not sell anything, unless she is a naked miss Universe! :)

ciao

there are not that many

3000 manufactured between 76-87.......thats not big numbers

3000? Last time I looked the number was just under 2000 for the entire run including annis....

As mr single seat suggests...Countachs in Europe have high prices and do not sell (except for maybe P400)...the price could be 500K Euros or 200K Euros...does not matter.

In North Am there are lots of lookers searching for perfection but with too few dollars.

Keep in mind 1000's were manufactured not 200 like some Ferrari model

\

Paul

There were 1300 f40s produced. There were 1900 cts produced over two decades... Thats not enough of a difference to explain the price difference...

1980 era Ferrari wassnt exactly known for low production numbers... Sure there are a few like the 288GTO... But 10,000+ testarossas? And more 3x8s than you can shake a stick at.

There were 1300 f40s produced. There were 1900 cts produced over two decades... Thats not enough of a difference to explain the price difference...

1980 era Ferrari wassnt exactly known for low production numbers... Sure there are a few like the 288GTO... But 10,000+ testarossas? And more 3x8s than you can shake a stick at.

A few thoughts about Countach ownership. When I was still in the US around 1990 , a young engineer bought 2 “Autobahn burners” from Germany. These were circa 1981-82 cars and had spent most of their time at 5000 + rpm . This guy got them for low $ 30 K each and literally had his life savings in them. He asked a friend of mine to help him get DOT approval and later to sell them.

One was blue with many coats of paint and the other silver. The blue car had 3 dead cylinders (leak down of + 25%). The other one, later had its engine rebuilt by an ex-Chinetti mechanic.

Neither car had working air and they were extremely uncomfortable to drive if you are over 5’9, and have a size shoe larger than US 10. If it was more than about 20 degrees C outside you baked to death.

The suspensions were OK but the gear boxes were real clunky (like an M-22 Muncie) and quite frankly the tires were way oversize and the brakes were very “so-so“.

The “engineer “ barely got out alive…so even with a DOT bill of $ 3K (very low in those days), at best he got his money back.

Hearsay is that the V-12 is “bullet-proof which is complete “BS” ! The OEM valve guides are garbage, and the piston/wall clearances (huge) guarantee lots of blow-by.

Most rebuilds do not include the gear-chain drive pulley bearings and oil pump drive bearings. These “disintegrate” over time and if they have not been replaced on a 30 + year old engine say bye-bye and get the broom!

Additionally, back in November, I visited a friend in Connecticut and we got dragged to a C&C deal in New Canaan. There were a LOT of big money cars there and a quite a few owners of Ford GT etc who were in a rage because they did not get the correct “exposure” . There was a DD Countach there, but quite frankly a 1959 VW Cabriolet got far more attention, so it must have been a (lack) of “exposure” deal ! :eusa_shhh:

Paul

A few thoughts about Countach ownership. When I was still in the US around 1990 , a young engineer bought 2 “Autobahn burners” from Germany. These were circa 1981-82 cars and had spent most of their time at 5000 + rpm . This guy got them for low $ 30 K each and literally had his life savings in them. He asked a friend of mine to help him get DOT approval and later to sell them.

One was blue with many coats of paint and the other silver. The blue car had 3 dead cylinders (leak down of + 25%). The other one, later had its engine rebuilt by an ex-Chinetti mechanic.

Neither car had working air and they were extremely uncomfortable to drive if you are over 5’9, and have a size shoe larger than US 10. If it was more than about 20 degrees C outside you baked to death.

The suspensions were OK but the gear boxes were real clunky (like an M-22 Muncie) and quite frankly the tires were way oversize and the brakes were very “so-so“.

The “engineer “ barely got out alive…so even with a DOT bill of $ 3K (very low in those days), at best he got his money back.

Hearsay is that the V-12 is “bullet-proof which is complete “BS” ! The OEM valve guides are garbage, and the piston/wall clearances (huge) guarantee lots of blow-by.

Most rebuilds do not include the gear-chain drive pulley bearings and oil pump drive bearings. These “disintegrate” over time and if they have not been replaced on a 30 + year old engine say bye-bye and get the broom!

Additionally, back in November, I visited a friend in Connecticut and we got dragged to a C&C deal in New Canaan. There were a LOT of big money cars there and a quite a few owners of Ford GT etc who were in a rage because they did not get the correct “exposure” . There was a DD Countach there, but quite frankly a 1959 VW Cabriolet got far more attention, so it must have been a (lack) of “exposure” deal ! :eusa_shhh:

Paul

Thats funny! I find things a bit different.. I drive my Countach in car crazed Southern California where on a daily basis you can see every car under the sun, from Bugattis to 30 Million dollar Ferraris on the street. What I find, is that people walk passed EVERYTHING, to see the Countach. Ask about it, talk about it, see the engine etc.

As further example, yesterday while driving my Diablo, a woman in her early 30s ran up to the car yelling how it was her second favorite Lambo ever... Behind the Countach and she proudly showed me the Countach tshirt she was wearing.. lol

Hell, I ran into another Countach parked in the parking lot today, and I was giggling like a school girl around it, taking pics, following it etc.. I promptly went home, and took mine for a nice long drive where I again encountered dozens of thumbs up, picture takers and people asking questions.

Thats funny! I find things a bit different.. I drive my Countach in car crazed Southern California where on a daily basis you can see every car under the sun, from Bugattis to 30 Million dollar Ferraris on the street. What I find, is that people walk passed EVERYTHING, to see the Countach. Ask about it, talk about it, see the engine etc.

As further example, yesterday while driving my Diablo, a woman in her early 30s ran up to the car yelling how it was her second favorite Lambo ever... Behind the Countach and she proudly showed me the Countach tshirt she was wearing.. lol

Hell, I ran into another Countach parked in the parking lot today, and I was giggling like a school girl around it, taking pics, following it etc.. I promptly went home, and took mine for a nice long drive where I again encountered dozens of thumbs up, picture takers and people asking questions.

:iamwithstupid:

You can park a USD 30 M Ferrari 250 GTO aside a Countach and (almost) everybody will turn his head towards the CT instead of the GTO. I think this car is still underrated, and a lot. I have to say that's a car that is better to see than to drive, but its look is still unbeaten.

ciao

:iamwithstupid:

You can park a USD 30 M Ferrari 250 GTO aside a Countach and (almost) everybody will turn his head towards the CT instead of the GTO. I think this car is still underrated, and a lot. I have to say that's a car that is better to see than to drive, but its look is still unbeaten.

ciao

I like driving mine, but then again, I couldnt ask for better roads to drive on.. If I had to drive it in traffic amongst other cars... no thanks..

I like driving mine, but then again, I couldnt ask for better roads to drive on.. If I had to drive it in traffic amongst other cars... no thanks..

Yes! Driving the countach on the open road is so much more enjoyable than in traffic.

following the Countach was so surreal, it was like a live action movie where the movie theater was a LP640 roadster. Fantastic drive. Cant wait to do it again.

following the Countach was so surreal, it was like a live action movie where the movie theater was a LP640 roadster. Fantastic drive. Cant wait to do it again.

Next weekend!

Agree. When you are on an open road, smooth, wide and with low traffic, driving a Countach is like walking in paradise while hearing a philamonic orchestra. But if you are in the center of a big city full of traffic in a hot day, it's like to be thrown to hell.

Hell... You've seen the craziness my car used to attract at cars and coffee in OC.... There would be a crowd ten deep around my car until Id finally get tired and wade through them to go home... It was a three ringed fcuking circus with every other "exotic" car in the world ten feet away attracting crickets...

I think this guy is a member of the crowd I was talking about in this post... If youre going to car shows where the Patrons get boners for 1950 VWs (probably because it gives them flashbacks of using a boner in the backseat of a VW in the 1950s), you're going to the wrong car show... You sure you were at "Cars and Coffee"? Not "Machines and Metamucil"?

So you're basing your criticism of Countacheseses on some dude who had a life savings of 60K, sunk it into two beat to shit grey market cars, and blew it? 25 years ago? What in the fcuk does any of that have to do with the value of the cars now? These cars were long ago sorted, wrecked, or shipped off to Japan to be butchered by assholes. There are plenty of "story cars" out there, but thats what Mike is for... To tell you who farted in the seat and how many times... And in between there are a ton of "none story" cars that are awesome. (BTW... your friend would have done really well if he still owned those cars... Just sayin')

The cars we are talking about don't have three coats of paint, and a quarter of their engines dead...

My A/C works.

Im well over 5'9", wear a size 12, and find it to be very comfortable... Its not an S class or a Bently, But its not supposed to be.

Oh... and my gear box isn't "clunky", whatever the hell that means....

Was your friend named Charlie Babbitt?

Yeah.... But... There is NO CAR, I would enjoy driving on the 405 at 5pm.... Would I do it in a countach? NEVER. I had a half dozen other cars better suited to being fcuking miserable in... Hell, first and formost, Any car with a stick is off the list for that.

Shit man... Here, the ct is my favorite car... Hope to get it out this week if the weather cooperates.

For those in the market, Montreal Lambo dealer John Scotti has an Anni with under 3000km for sale.

Asking price $229k. CAD

Agree. When you are on an open road, smooth, wide and with low traffic, driving a Countach is like walking in paradise while hearing a philamonic orchestra. But if you are in the center of a big city full of traffic in a hot day, it's like to be thrown to hell.

I love this analogy :lol2:

after 2 countach i can tell you no VW had attracted more people in any show - event i partecipated since year 2005...and i find hard to believe the opposite.

there are some cars that attract very much attention and the countach is in the TOP list ...i think it comes toegether with the F40 and few others

it is a 70's-80's supercar and do to aspect to drive one with 0 mecanical issues or without making some prevenctive worcks before starting to drive it regularly

but the story about the kid buyng 2 beaten ones that were driven all the time over 5000 rpm

and using all his money and barely recovering his costs after going through DOT ...well it is a good sign that the kid was crazy and the countach was a nice car even then....to make one euro car trough DOT then ...i am sure that had been a terrible experience

(you can see the movie RAIN MAN as an example of how not easy that thing was in period! ;) )

Hell... You've seen the craziness my car used to attract at cars and coffee in OC.... There would be a crowd ten deep around my car until Id finally get tired and wade through them to go home... It was a three ringed fcuking circus with every other "exotic" car in the world ten feet away attracting crickets...

I think this guy is a member of the crowd I was talking about in this post... If youre going to car shows where the Patrons get boners for 1950 VWs (probably because it gives them flashbacks of using a boner in the backseat of a VW in the 1950s), you're going to the wrong car show... You sure you were at "Cars and Coffee"? Not "Machines and Metamucil"?

You will see the same thing when you bring your car over to C&C at Captain's Quarters. Frickin nuts. They start to swarm before you can park the thing. It's bad enough that I will usually bring something else so that I can look at the other cars.

You will see the same thing when you bring your car over to C&C at Captain's Quarters. Frickin nuts. They start to swarm before you can park the thing. It's bad enough that I will usually bring something else so that I can look at the other cars.

I've had it out two or three times since I've been here.... Took it to pick up the boy at school which the result was pretty predictable.... Drove it around on some back roads and had a couple of people visibly shit themselves.

Had one guy pull me over and tell me Ferrucio Lamborghinis life story.... That was... Interesting.... Maybe a little scarey.... He was shaking he was so fcuking exited.... Turned out to be a good guy.. almost got himself shot though...

But on the 65 nobody seemed to notice....

Older than you clearly...but in good shape (from ducking bullets in South East Asia)...why don't you check out Caffeine and Carbs in New Canaan, CT...not too many oldsters on oxygen

It seems that the flashy stuff does not go over big on the East Coast

You late 40's guys better get ready for your meds...its that time :eusa_naughty: and remember the kiddies today are NOT into cars...so who are you going to sell them to

Paul