Fabspeed MP412C tune now shipping

Fabspeed_Motorsport

OVERVIEW

Fabspeed Motorsport is pleased to announce the release of the ultimate tuning solution for the McLaren MP4-12C platform. After more than a year of development, programming, and dyno testing with the McLaren, Fabspeed has finally created a tuning solution that provides massive performance increases in a discreet and easy-to-install package. McLaren owners no longer need to remove and overwrite their ECU files or worry about unsightly nests of cables cluttering up their engine bay. The Fabspeed Motorsport tuning module and the included wiring harness are designed with incredible attention to detail in order to be clean and professional looking (equal to or better than OEM specs) when installed in the engine bay of the MP4-12C.

TECHNOLOGY

Fabspeed’s industry-exclusive tuning kit functions as a go-between, intercepting and adapting the signals from six (6) engine sensors and relaying the modified information to the factory ECU, where it is then interpreted and acted upon. These six data channels include the airflow from the left and right cylinder banks, the boost pressure from the left and right cylinder banks, the MAP sensor, and the fuel pressure sensor. These adapted signals allow the ECU to increase the boost pressure and fuel pressure, and balance them with increased air flow. This results in increases of over 60hp and 110+ft-lbs of torque at 3000 RPM!

COMPETITION

Fabspeed’s proprietary software programming allows these kits to communicate flawlessly with the McLaren’s various systems, including the digital airflow signals from the left and right cylinder banks; a feat that no other tuning competitor has yet accomplished! Various other tuners have attempted to create a tuning product for the McLaren, but Fabspeed is the only tuner to offer an adjusted airflow feature, which is imperative when increasing boost and fuel pressure.

MP4_12C_ECU_Tuner_Dyno__8117313928497131

MP4_12C_ECU_Tuner_Product_Manual__332871

MP4_12C_ECU_Tuner_Product__1321813928497

Who cares? A more appropriate question from you would've been, what are your banking details? :icon_mrgreen:

LOL I need to make sure I understand it first.

is this the evoms piggy back setup?

LOL I need to make sure I understand it first.

is this the evoms piggy back setup?

no, its different... from my engineer:

"The Fabspeed tuning module modifies 6 channels of data between the engine and the engine ECU.

It measures Airflow ( digital ) from the left and right cylinder bank. It measures boost pressure from the left and right cylinder bank, it’s also measures the map sensor and fuel pressure sensor.

Our tuning module starts to measure MAP and above 80% engine load it starts to de-amplify the map signal ( at this moment the MAP sensor changes into a boost sensor ) by de-amplifying the MAP signal the engine ECU increases the boost to compensate the boost loss to make sure it will create the programmed boost pressure in the engine ECU.

However if the boost increases the boost sensors of the right and left cylinder bank will also measure a higher boost level than normal so that is why our tuning module also de-amplifies these two signals as well to make sure the engine ECU will not create a limp situation by checking the boost levels of the right and left cylinder bank compared to the map sensor. By balancing these signals thought our Fabspeed tuning module, the engine ECU will allow the engine to run under a higher boost. By increasing the boost of the engine the engine will increase the crankshaft power output immediately.

Understandably the Lambda of the engine will increase by boosting the engine with more air, so a correction will be necessary, this will be achieved by modifying the fuel pressure in the fuel system. By pumping more fuel pressure the lambda will be corrected for cooling and power output.

All existing tuning solutions that are in the market will work in this sort of way, however they will not gain a significant power increase because Airflow also needs to be corrected. The Fabspeed tuning module is the only tuning solution that also modifies the Airflow signal ( digital) of the right and left cylinder banks. This is needed because the engine ECU is also measuring the airflow to the left and right turbo to balance the left and right bank so the engine operates symmetrically. The airflow and hereby the max engine power is also controlled by the engine ECU, meaning if you increase the boost pressure by decreasing the boost and map sensor, the maximum airflow is also controlled and regulated by the engine ECU. The ECU controls the maximum airflow also by controlling the wastegates of the twin turbos. Our tuning module also modifies the airflow sensors so complete freedom will be gained to tune the engine the desired wish. Fabspeed can also alter and change various parameters inside the tuning module and reprogrammed, at will to create an individual engine mapping. Street and Racing gasolines with research octane can be programmed safely for additional power, as well as for cars with sport catalytic converters or cat bypass pipes. The only limitation you will be facing is the mechanical structure of the engine itself, such as the max output of the OEM Turbochargers.

Fabspeed Motorsports’ tuning kit develops significant safe power utilizing the McLaren’s engines factory sensors with an auxiliary tuning electronic control unit and specific wiring harness. The stock Mclaren ECUs are NOT OPENED and remain untouched and stock and therefore Mclaren service centers can NOT tell that the car has been tuned. The Fabspeed tuning module and harness is easily removable when the car is being serviced/sold/traded in, and the harness will work on any and all McLaren Mp4 12C cars anywhere in the world. "

Pretty interesting. How much testing has been done with this tune? Is the power increase just with the tune alone? Looks like the price is $5295, but surely a Lambopower discount is in order :P

Pretty interesting. How much testing has been done with this tune? Is the power increase just with the tune alone? Looks like the price is $5295, but surely a Lambopower discount is in order :P

we have sold 5 so far, plus the one that was on the initial development car that was driven VERY hard for a month or two straight. And of course an LP discount! I love you guys!

::edit::

It also worked with the factory update!

we have sold 5 so far, plus the one that was on the initial development car that was driven VERY hard for a month or two straight. And of course an LP discount! I love you guys!

::edit::

It also worked with the factory update!

Thanks for the info and response. Does it work with the 2014 convertibles? I was told that the tuning is different on the convertibles, but I am not sure how it differs exactly.

Thanks for the info and response. Does it work with the 2014 convertibles? I was told that the tuning is different on the convertibles, but I am not sure how it differs exactly.

the 2014 isn't getting a power boost over the 13' is it?

hint hint 14' vert ;)

fikse should jump on this!

I've got PM's on here and McLaren life asking me as well to test it out... I did ask for a unit to review and test a couple weeks ago when I heard this was coming out...

hint hint 14' vert ;)

fikse should jump on this!

I've got PM's on here and McLaren life asking me as well to test it out... I did ask for a unit to review and test a couple weeks ago when I heard this was coming out...

great, well let us know the outcome!

the 2014 isn't getting a power boost over the 13' is it?

Its not getting a bump in 14, I just heard that the 13, and 14s were tuned differently than the 12s.

Yes if they want to sell it they should give a unit to you for testing.

It would be so nice to see a completely tested setup before offering it for sale. Vbox, real world track, dyno. They got dyno done at least which is great. Either way I will be calling to order the cat delete pipes, muffler delete, filters, and tuning module on Monday for a 14 vert!

i for one is interested with a tune but i need confirmation from a trusted board member that the gains are worth it and the tune is reliable especially when used consistently in hot weather. i mean what is a stronger tune for if it cannot last multiple runs at the strip or track due to heat soak or some other issue.