Seat Lowering Kit

Synergy

Here's the deal... I'm 6'4 and well over 200 lbs so my ass is a tight squeeze inside a first gen Gallardo. My head barely clears the ceiling of the interior and my knees will hit the dash if I go over a bump too hard. I've been looking to see if it's possible to lower the driver side seat (electric controls) for some extra wiggle room. I've been told shaving the tracks may work but it doesn't look like there's a lot of room to work with after having a closer look. Anyone have any experience with a situation like this or let alone another idea? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

Now put a helmet on your head and 1800 hp behind you. That my life lol.

I hope someone has a realistic solution for us!!

Is your seat manual or electric? (manual forward and back) I think the manuals sit lower then electric mine is manual and i have sat in electric and they do feel higher..just my 2c

Here's the deal... I'm 6'4 and well over 200 lbs so my ass is a tight squeeze inside a first gen Gallardo. My head barely clears the ceiling of the interior and my knees will hit the dash if I go over a bump too hard. I've been looking to see if it's possible to lower the driver side seat (electric controls) for some extra wiggle room. I've been told shaving the tracks may work but it doesn't look like there's a lot of room to work with after having a closer look. Anyone have any experience with a situation like this or let alone another idea? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

You might want to learn how not to post multiple times.

The forum has been messing up a lot the last few days. Sometimes when I post it does it a few times as well. Not sure what is going on.

I have been looking for the same solution, maybe shaving the cushions down might help. best bet is a thinner manual race seat

This is the answer. The tilt on the race seat helps a lot too.

I actually wish I could bring the steering wheel farther back towards the car more.

I have no clue how anyone over 6' even fits in the G. Im 5'10" and cant wear a helmet without bouncing my head on the upper pillar and roof. The Huracan is not much better, I had hoped they gave us some more headroom. I've heard the same using the manual seats, race seats or removing some cushion are you best bet for more clearance.

You can also remove the seat rails and have the seat bolted to the floor. That supposedly gets you 1.5" of headroom.

I have no clue how anyone over 6' even fits in the G. Im 5'10" and cant wear a helmet without bouncing my head on the upper pillar and roof. The Huracan is not much better, I had hoped they gave us some more headroom. I've heard the same using the manual seats, race seats or removing some cushion are you best bet for more clearance.

That is sad about the Huracan not having more head room.

You can also remove the seat rails and have the seat bolted to the floor. That supposedly gets you 1.5" of headroom.

No point. The rear seat sits between the rails and is literally maybe 1/2 from the floor. The rails are side mounted for the most part, no more room if you get rid of the rails. Better idea is the seat cushions to be thinner.

• 1 month later...

On behalf of ALL the short guys ... We've been waiting for this day all our lives ...

Finally, it's REALLY cool to be 5' 6'' ... God I love being short ...

Sorry Bro ... You threw me an easy one so I had to swing at it ...

I hope there's more room in the R8 GT, you're looking at ...

On behalf of ALL the short guys ... We've been waiting for this day all our lives ...

Finally, it's REALLY cool to be 5' 6'' ... God I love being short ...

Sorry Bro ... You threw me an easy one so I had to swing at it ...

I hope there's more room in the R8 GT, you're looking at ...

I am 6ft and can confirm that the R8 V10 in the Audi dealers showroom that I sat in has more head room and wider seat than the Gallardo.

cheers,

john

I can't wear a helmet in mine, but have no problem with driving around town. I have about an inch of headroom. My only issue is that my right knee bumps the key sometimes if in not sitting in the perfect position. I'm 6'5 - about 230.

The amount of headroom and overall cabin space my R8 has over my Gallardo is stupid. I'm 6' and I have to slide down the chair so my head isn't tilted with a helmet on in the G, R8, zero problems, and my seat isn't even all the way down in the R8. Well worth the extra 100lbs or so the R8 weighs over the G's for the taller guys. I don't know how Dustin and Stacy do it!

The amount of headroom and overall cabin space my R8 has over my Gallardo is stupid. I'm 6' and I have to slide down the chair so my head isn't tilted with a helmet on in the G, R8, zero problems, and my seat isn't even all the way down in the R8. Well worth the extra 100lbs or so the R8 weighs over the G's for the taller guys. I don't know how Dustin and Stacy do it!

G> R8

G> R8

G> or = R8V10 plus.

G more edgy than R8 in looks department and G has more supercar mystique and 'exclusitivity' on the road.

Add TT's to both and very close call from drivers point of view IMHO.

cheers,

john

• 2 weeks later...

This was my solution.

(btw, it's for sale)

performante_lambo_overlook_1200.jpg

G> or = R8V10 plus.

G more edgy than R8 in looks department and G has more supercar mystique and 'exclusitivity' on the road.

Add TT's to both and very close call from drivers point of view IMHO.

cheers,

john

Hmm,

based on last weekends TI king of the street results, my post may have been a touch prophetic.

The UGR R8 V10 just edged out the UGR gallardos either because of driver skill or the awd system in the R8 being Quattro.

Great result for the UGR cars all round.

Will we now see more R8 V10's heading to UGR for the UGR magic treatment with the tall driver bonus of more headroom? :)

cheers,

john

ps the Ti results made my last weekend 0-1000 metre ET of 20.5 seconds and Terminal speed of 262 km/hr at the Wyalkatchem Racewars sprints look extremely modest for the wifes shopping trolley RS6 running 620 bhp at the wheels :(