Murcielago wheels

Allan-Herbie

Any issues with going with these sized wheels? Is ride quality affected?

19x8.5 ET 50 RIMS 7.0/1.5

20x13 ET 13 RIMS 8.5/4.5

Will it hurt the AWD?

Will depend on the rolling diameter of the tires..go to 1010wheels.com they have a tire calculator to calculate the differences

Just need to match outside diameter of tires and you are good to go!

I agree with that statement, with that being said; why are there stories of Murci owners fcuking up there awd with custom wheels. Wouldn't the wheel guys know the right tire sizes that they are installing? I would love to put on custom wheels but the cost for repairs scares me enough not to do it. Yes there are tons of threads on this subject but I still haven't found a clear answer.

I agree with that statement, with that being said; why are there stories of Murci owners fcuking up there awd with custom wheels. Wouldn't the wheel guys know the right tire sizes that they are installing? I would love to put on custom wheels but the cost for repairs scares me enough not to do it. Yes there are tons of threads on this subject but I still haven't found a clear answer.

Wheels size doesn't have anything to do with it, you can put a smaller or larger size tire on stock 18" wheels and run into the same issue with the differentials, because the tires are not rotating in the same ratio as designed for the drivetrain from factory

Deuce, why are you answering Allan online when you can just answer him in the hot tub over drinks! JJ

I will be in LA next week with my "HotWheels" and a couple other exotics. Maybe we can meet up for a drive or a drink! I think I'm in LA on Tuesday staying at the London West Hollywood.

Deuce, why are you answering Allan online when you can just answer him in the hot tub over drinks! JJ

I will be in LA next week with my "HotWheels" and a couple other exotics. Maybe we can meet up for a drive or a drink! I think I'm in LA on Tuesday staying at the London West Hollywood.

Let's meet up for sure! PM me your cell#

As everyone has explained, its the TIRES that matter, not the wheels.

I just went from 18s to that exact 19/20 setup you reference above, but the real issue is the size tires you put on them. Please note, its not about making the tire sizes identical to each other in rolling radius, its about matching the FACTORY RATIO for the two.

Anyone who has ever seen a set of these tires side by side, will EASILY be able to see the rears have a much larger rolling radius then the fronts, the reason being, the front differential has a DIFFERENT axel ratio from the rear, so to adjust/make up for that, they run a different size tire radius in the front (or vice versa).

Thats why peole often screw these up, either they try to get the same rolling radius (bad idea) on all 4 tires, OR they get the ratio wrong in which one set is moving faster then the other (horrible on the AWD system, but completely a non issue with RWD cars).

I remember doing some math a while back, and you can actually do 285/30/18 (has the same rolling radius as the 245/35/18) or something on the front, but you need to send the wheels off to be widen by 1 inch, to use that size tire on the front, but the rolling radius stays the same, and would not affect the AWD adversely.

Anyways, I am RWD now, but still have a setup that wont affected AWD if I decide to go back (likely only to sell the car).

As everyone has explained, its the TIRES that matter, not the wheels.

I just went from 18s to that exact 19/20 setup you reference above, but the real issue is the size tires you put on them. Please note, its not about making the tire sizes identical to each other in rolling radius, its about matching the FACTORY RATIO for the two.

Anyone who has ever seen a set of these tires side by side, will EASILY be able to see the rears have a much larger rolling radius then the fronts, the reason being, the front differential has a DIFFERENT axel ratio from the rear, so to adjust/make up for that, they run a different size tire radius in the front (or vice versa).

Thats why peole often screw these up, either they try to get the same rolling radius (bad idea) on all 4 tires, OR they get the ratio wrong in which one set is moving faster then the other (horrible on the AWD system, but completely a non issue with RWD cars).

I remember doing some math a while back, and you can actually do 285/30/18 (has the same rolling radius as the 245/35/18) or something on the front, but you need to send the wheels off to be widen by 1 inch, to use that size tire on the front, but the rolling radius stays the same, and would not affect the AWD adversely.

Anyways, I am RWD now, but still have a setup that wont affected AWD if I decide to go back (likely only to sell the car).

EXACTLY.

235/35/19 and NOT 245/35/19 up front is the key. Then the 345/25/20 in the rear is a perfect match.

I run a 235/35/19 up front and a 345/25/20 in rear. Even though Iam running RWD only, this is the correct application for the AWD system.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
EXACTLY.

235/35/19 and NOT 245/35/19 up front is the key. Then the 345/25/20 in the rear is a perfect match.

Where can I find these sizes available?

• 4 months later...

Anyone with aftermarket 19" fronts using 235/35/19 tires getting rubbing? I have this setup and seem to get rubbing issues when I turn the wheel hard left and right. I don't know the offsets but they are 19x 9 and sit close to where the oem sit.

Also take a look at tire rack, specs.... the diameter of tires varies from brand to brand even if the sizes are the same....example look up the OEM Pirelli's diameter in specs and the Michelin PS2's..... they are the same official size but the actual tire diameters are off by enough to be out of OEM spec

Anyone with aftermarket 19" fronts using 235/35/19 tires getting rubbing? I have this setup and seem to get rubbing issues when I turn the wheel hard left and right. I don't know the offsets but they are 19x 9 and sit close to where the oem sit.

Only when I have the 'front lift' on, but when the car is in normal operational height I do NOT get rubbing, but what you describe is exactly what I get when the car is fully lifted up, and I'm making sharp right or left.