Squeaky brakes!

Allan-Herbie

Old squeaky car has old squeaky owner. As it should be.

/Thread

And as your name implies... too much car for you...

Get it up to around 70mph and do a hard brake to a stop (or close to). It should clean off your braking surfaces and quiet them.

Otherwise, pads are at the wear-bars or pads were improperly bedded or they are just loud pads.

IIRC, my stock pads were very loud, I replaced them with HPS pads.

Get it up to around 70mph and do a hard brake to a stop (or close to). It should clean off your braking surfaces and quiet them.

Otherwise, pads are at the wear-bars or pads were improperly bedded or they are just loud pads.

IIRC, my stock pads were very loud, I replaced them with HPS pads.

I did one hard brake from like 50.. Ill try it again. If not which pads did you get from HPS? I think I have them on my Diablo.

Oil the brake pads.

I was told by multiple people the Murcie oem pads squeak. It's the pad compound is what I was told.

I did one hard brake from like 50.. Ill try it again. If not which pads did you get from HPS? I think I have them on my Diablo.

Hawk HPS, p/n: HB193 F.670

There is no wear sensor on these pads. I just removed the sensor and zip tied it to a control arm.

i'd rinse the rotors throughly, bed in the pads as said. if that still doesn't work, switch to a different set of pads but with wear sensors.

what year is this? 2005 and earlier? those are shitty brakes. i would get brembo 6 pot or use the gallardo / 2006+ 8 pot caliper

Allan,

They are the stock pads, which are just a hard material. I can't imagine they are worn out to the wear bars at 5000 miles. they should be fine..

My Murci did the same thing. Not a whole lot you can do about it. The brake pad material is the cause.

You can do a heat cycle on them, where you go fast and stop hard about 10-15 times in a row.. Make sure that when you stop you don't keep the pedal down or pull the emergency brake or else you will leave some brake compound on the rotor which will feel like an uneven balance when braking in the future.

If anything will help a heat cycle will, but I haven't had much luck with pads like that.. You might be able to get a softer pad, but that will hurt your stopping distance worse than the early murci already is, which would suck.

Not apples to apples in any way, but Same thing is going on in my Z. Drives me crazy!! I'm ordering new rotors and pads this weekend in hoped that it fixes it.

I find that hard but smooth braking from high speeds a few times helps in most cases. You can also left foot brake while maintaining some throttle input from 70 or so down to 30 a few times. That works well on squeaky CCB cars. Squeaking in these cars is generally due to uneven wear on the pads or the front lip of the pad grabbing. The harder you brake, the harder it is for those issues to present.

Good luck.