never seen this swap

topcabron

Definitely not in a convertible, way too much body flex.

Thanks for that. Is the E30 M3 convertible body different from say an E30 325?

I know there are few E30 M3 convertible clones out there but didn't think of that aspect.

Thanks for that. Is the E30 M3 convertible body different from say an E30 325?

I know there are few E30 M3 convertible clones out there but didn't think of that aspect.

E30 M3 convertable is the same body as the E30 M3... With some added frame reinforcement to make up for the lack of C pillars and rear window... The rear window in the e30 M3 Coupe was a serious structural component of the car... And was completely different than standard e30s... It was actually bonded to the chassis...

E30 M3 convertable is the same body as the E30 M3... With some added frame reinforcement to make up for the lack of C pillars and rear window... The rear window in the e30 M3 Coupe was a serious structural component of the car... And was completely different than standard e30s... It was actually bonded to the chassis...

Thanks, I left out a small but important detail. Is there a difference in chassis between an E30 M3 convertible and an E30 325 convertible?

Thanks, I left out a small but important detail. Is there a difference in chassis between an E30 M3 convertible and an E30 325 convertible?

Pretty positive all the e30s used the same frames (They also used the same hood, which was the only other interchangeable item)...

The thing that causes a LOT of confusion is the "M-Technic" convertibles, which is often confused for the e30 M3.... The "M-Technic" was a very rare Motorsports variant car available in 1991 on select convertibles... However it is not an M3 convertible (s14 engine, wider fenders, etc etc, etc) (which were only available in Europe).

Pretty positive all the e30s used the same frames (They also used the same hood, which was the only other interchangeable item)...

The thing that causes a LOT of confusion is the "M-Technic" convertibles, which is often confused for the e30 M3.... The "M-Technic" was a very rare Motorsports variant car available in 1991 on select convertibles... However it is not an M3 convertible (s14 engine, wider fenders, etc etc, etc) (which were only available in Europe).

That's what I thought. Thank you.

I like the LS Swap, but the monster turbo builds some of these E30's get are just jaw dropping.

Yeah, there are some stupid S50 builds out there.