never seen this swap

topcabron

I've seen that before. It's a mental swap, and would love to have that in my garage.

However, i'm moving it to off-topic, not a General Lamborghini topic.

I've got a friend who did something like that M5 motor in an E30 3 series....

Right now he's shoehorning a C63 drivetrain and suspension into an old 190E Benz.

I've got a friend who did something like that M5 motor in an E30 3 series....

Right now he's shoehorning a C63 drivetrain and suspension into an old 190E Benz.

It's the future of resto-modding, Euro classics.

Looking close the S85 doesn't even have it's air intakes hooked up, thanks to the power steering fluid reservoir on the driver's side. Looks like he's got a little more fab work before it's done.

The extra weight destroys the balance of the M3's chassis and makes the handling so-so . I drove a similar example years ago and it was nowhere as much fun as a stock M3.

i think this is a fan car on the straights

but as BMWracer said probably not so nice handling as an original E30 M3

The extra weight destroys the balance of the M3's chassis and makes the handling so-so . I drove a similar example years ago and it was nowhere as much fun as a stock M3.

That was my thought, it's a fcuking heavy motor hung over the front axle of a pretty small car. It would be balls out fast but probably doesn't handle exceptionally well.

I can appreciate the novelty, but would rather see it in the 635csi.

That was my thought, it's a fcuking heavy motor hung over the front axle of a pretty small car. It would be balls out fast but probably doesn't handle exceptionally well.

I can appreciate the novelty, but would rather see it in the 635csi.

I have seen, and knew people, that did an E46 engine swap into an E30 M-3. It was pretty fast. I think putting the new M-3 V8 could be kinda fun, but this thing in there seems a bit crazy. As Emanon said though, doing that in a 6 series would be amazing. All that car was ever lacking, to me, was motor.

You'd never want to do it to an original E30 M3, but a E30 318is? Hell yes!

I used to own an E30 M3 back in the day, so I agree and I have been playing with the idea myself for a while now; S50/52 in an E30 convertible.

I used to own an E30 M3 back in the day, so I agree and I have been playing with the idea myself for a while now; S50/52 in an E30 convertible.

Definitely not in a convertible, way too much body flex.