Egear light - drives fine?

Luxeous

Parked my car after driving through Malibu for a bit today and when started it up again the egear malfunction light was on. Car drove completely fine through all the gears; is this a low fluid/battery issue?

When I bought the car we noticed there was a very small amount of transmission fluid that would drip from time to time that seemed to originate from where the transmission attached to the engine. Lambo tech said it was actually one of the valve seals for the egear above the trans most likely is allowing some fluid to come out and it's running down the casing. Said it was nothing to worry about (but to keep an eye on my garage floor) and to just drive it as the car had been sitting for a while and may just need to have the seals lubricated again.

The car had a brand new clutch installed before I bought it at the dealer. Curious if anyone has some insight on this so I can make sure this is all taken care of appropriately.

Thanks!

A leaking egear system is not something that is fine and should be ignored IMO.

It can cause the car to be stranded or even on fire.

Given car had a new clutch, I think the shop did it failed to fix the leak. If there is warranty, I would have then address it. Otherwise, I would have it looked at by a good Lambo shop.

A leaking egear system is not something that is fine and should be ignored IMO.

It can cause the car to be stranded or even on fire.

Given car had a new clutch, I think the shop did it failed to fix the leak. If there is warranty, I would have then address it. Otherwise, I would have it looked at by a good Lambo shop.

The shop that did the install was Lamborghini N Los Angeles and the leak was incredibly small, we're talking a few drips here and there that went away if I drove it more. Either way I'm planning on having it taken in on Monday to have it resolved.

Would a leaking actuator or egear valve happen because of an improper clutch install or are those two pieces separate?

Same thing happened on mine, but it was intermittent and no leaks. Just the indicator light comes and goes. Went through all the battery, fluids, ecu, paddles, etc. Now we are looking at the actuators/pumps...which means an engine/out :eusa_wall:

Mine had a new clutch also when I bought it. Drove it for 3k miles without a hitch, then it literally happened overnight. Sucks big time! I swore I will never get an egear, again.

Hope your's is minor and the issue will get resolved rather quickly. Sorry to hear. Keep us posted.

Joys of egear.. I advise you not to drive the car under any circumstance and have it towed to who ever is going to work on the car.

Yeah such a bummer, first issue I've had. I checked my egear reservoir today in the garage and it was still full. When I tried to start it yesterday and the light came on, the car did not start the first time as if the battery was dead. I tried again and it started right up fine. Could this be a battery related issue causing the light? If I recall the battery was at ~11.3 when I last drove it.

I had some E-Gear gremlins and putting a new battery in made a world of difference. I would start there. I hate E-Gear and wish my car was a 6 speed but it was such a rare find that I took the plunge. The battery in my car seemed fine...would start the car after a week or two of sitting etc...but I found it would do the 2-3 click false start every so often. So I just bought a $125 Deka battery and the car starts smoother, the take up of the clutch on take off is much cleaner, and shifting is cleaned up significantly as well. I thought the Murci was fairly basic and didn't need a huge power supply (no sta nav, cooled seats etc) but I think e-gear is power thirsty. Get the leak fixed, new fluid, and a battery. Hopefully it solves your problem.

I hope it's nothing. Egear scares me so bad. So many horror stories.

Thanks Raj, me too!

I had some E-Gear gremlins and putting a new battery in made a world of difference. I would start there. I hate E-Gear and wish my car was a 6 speed but it was such a rare find that I took the plunge. The battery in my car seemed fine...would start the car after a week or two of sitting etc...but I found it would do the 2-3 click false start every so often. So I just bought a $125 Deka battery and the car starts smoother, the take up of the clutch on take off is much cleaner, and shifting is cleaned up significantly as well. I thought the Murci was fairly basic and didn't need a huge power supply (no sta nav, cooled seats etc) but I think e-gear is power thirsty. Get the leak fixed, new fluid, and a battery. Hopefully it solves your problem.

I really appreciate that insight! I was just reading over some of your old posts about the egear, very happy to hear the battery cleared it up for you. Almost positive it's the same for me as I haven't seen any battery replacement in my car's service history and my fluid is still full. Fingers crossed when it's taken in today, will keep you guys posted!

Thanks Raj, me too!

I really appreciate that insight! I was just reading over some of your old posts about the egear, very happy to hear the battery cleared it up for you. Almost positive it's the same for me as I haven't seen any battery replacement in my car's service history and my fluid is still full. Fingers crossed when it's taken in today, will keep you guys posted!

Make sure your brake light is not staying on. I had this happen to me two months ago. My Egear light came on but drove fine. I was on my way to an even and couldn't turn around and when parking the valet came and said "your brake lights wont go off." Needless to say I had to turn the power off from the engine bay. I knew immediately that the brake switch was bad. I got a brake switch from the Audi dealership for $18 and swapped it out the next day and bammmm egear light went away.

Make sure your brake light is not staying on. I had this happen to me two months ago. My Egear light came on but drove fine. I was on my way to an even and couldn't turn around and when parking the valet came and said "your brake lights wont go off." Needless to say I had to turn the power off from the engine bay. I knew immediately that the brake switch was bad. I got a brake switch from the Audi dealership for $18 and swapped it out the next day and bammmm egear light went away.

Interesting, I will definitely check that out! Do you know the part number or how to replace it? Sounds like a very easy fix.

To keep everyone up to date in case someone else experiences this - was getting the car out this morning, put it in reverse and the egear light turned off as soon as I pressed the 'R' button. At the same time my stereo stopped working lol. Took it in and the battery / alternator were 'fine' but said something to do with needing a recharge. Picked up a brand new Deka battery, gonna throw it in there tomorrow as I'm next to positive that was the culprit. Right now I've got 2 JL amps in there and a full Focal setup with a sub, guessing the battery I have (which was from 09!) is on it's last leg. So far so good!

To keep everyone up to date in case someone else experiences this - was getting the car out this morning, put it in reverse and the egear light turned off as soon as I pressed the 'R' button. At the same time my stereo stopped working lol. Took it in and the battery / alternator were 'fine' but said something to do with needing a recharge. Picked up a brand new Deka battery, gonna throw it in there tomorrow as I'm next to positive that was the culprit. Right now I've got 2 JL amps in there and a full Focal setup with a sub, guessing the battery I have (which was from 09!) is on it's last leg. So far so good!

Also make sure your R button wasn't partially stuck. I had that on mine and car drove fine but would throw egear light.

Also make sure your R button wasn't partially stuck. I had that on mine and car drove fine but would throw egear light.

Ha! That very well could have been the issue. Thanks for letting me know, would have never thought of that.

Good Luck with the battery! Made a world of difference in mine, but be forwarned....it's a bitch to replace.

I believe it! I had it at the shop yesterday and they took the wheel off to take a look at it. Stoked to put the new one in and see what it does.

get a battery tender, It solved a lot of the issues I was having.

planning on it now, definitely a good call.

Any updates Luxeous? Was it the battery?

From what the dealer has told me it was just a sticky 'R' button (thanks goodness!) as Sprite suggested. Even though the light was off they said the code stored was an issue with the paddles.

Before I found this out I talked to a shop in LA called high tech exotic that does kevlar clutches and actuator rebuilds with even stronger parts than oem; Glen from AMH introduced me. Hight be worth talking to him before you go under the knife with yours! I'll PM you his contact info.

planning on it now, definitely a good call.

From what the dealer has told me it was just a sticky 'R' button (thanks goodness!) as Sprite suggested. Even though the light was off they said the code stored was an issue with the paddles.

Before I found this out I talked to a shop in LA called high tech exotic that does kevlar clutches and actuator rebuilds with even stronger parts than oem; Glen from AMH introduced me. Hight be worth talking to him before you go under the knife with yours! I'll PM you his contact info.

:icon_thumleft: