Chris Harris on the BMW i8

Fortitude

Depends how you drive and what setting the car is on. I've seen as much as 92 miles and as low as 70. Rex is a must as I've fully depleted the battery several times, with ev only I would have been sol.

did you buy or lease, we just moved out of LA and need a commuter car. My M3 and my wife's suv are sucking gas. wondering if an extra car makes sense.

did you buy or lease, we just moved out of LA and need a commuter car. My M3 and my wife's suv are sucking gas. wondering if an extra car makes sense.

I leased it as I didn't want to own it with wireless inductive charging just a year or so away. I've bought several bmw's from the dealer so they gave me an unbeatable deal on the car. I can't say enough about it and what you don't realize until you get into it is that for what it is, the car is huge.

I leased it as I didn't want to own it with wireless inductive charging just a year or so away. I've bought several bmw's from the dealer so they gave me an unbeatable deal on the car. I can't say enough about it and what you don't realize until you get into it is that for what it is, the car is huge.

Were you able to squeeze the price down on the i8?

Were you able to squeeze the price down on the i8?

fcuk no. The car I ordered is at least ten months away and I'm sure it's going to be longer since even the i3 I ordered was nearly five months late. Regardless, I've been told that a few have already traded at $50 to $75k over sticker.

fcuk no. The car I ordered is at least ten months away and I'm sure it's going to be longer since even the i3 I ordered was nearly five months late. Regardless, I've been told that a few have already traded at $50 to $75k over sticker.

I see, good to know!! Thanks!!

I thought the looks will wear out on me quickly, but no, i8 still looks hot. BMW showed some balls with the design.

I see, good to know!! Thanks!!

1 of the three allotted for Sweden came in here and is the blue one which I photographed and posted here.

How much is waiting time for one Slowpoke?

Imho, Sophisto grey with frozen grey is best looking of the options. I would avoid blue exterior details, I think they will be passe in somepoint soon.

I drove the i8 at Pebble Beach and I gotta say, they definitely have a winner. People complain about the simulated sound inside the car, but there is not simulated sound on the outside and the 3-banger of an engine sounds amazing for what it is.... car is stunning, handles well. All sold out in US already and I hear those damn Cali dealers are demanding 50-100K over sticker... Waaaaaaatttt!

BMW totally hit it out of the park with this one, even in Europe where hot new cars don't sell as much over MSRP as in the US, a BMW i8 is 35-50k EUR over list price. By comparison Huracans are selling for 10-15k over list if you want one now, otherwise you can order at list.

1 of the three allotted for Sweden came in here and is the blue one which I photographed and posted here.

How much is waiting time for one Slowpoke?

Imho, Sophisto grey with frozen grey is best looking of the options. I would avoid blue exterior details, I think they will be passe in somepoint soon.

I think I can get my hands on a new one before Christmas.

I agree about the blue details.

I drove the i8 at Pebble Beach and I gotta say, they definitely have a winner. People complain about the simulated sound inside the car, but there is not simulated sound on the outside and the 3-banger of an engine sounds amazing for what it is.... car is stunning, handles well. All sold out in US already and I hear those damn Cali dealers are demanding 50-100K over sticker... Waaaaaaatttt!

I have never seen one, if I just could see one in the flesh I know I would feel immediately that I would want one or not, that is my dilemma. Otherwise I probably just end up with another Panamera (which are insanely good cars)

And oh, I would never pay over sticker, for any car!

The styling had not better wear out, as that is what you are buying, certainly not performance, $136k will buy you a lot of 911, with better performance and room...

I thought the looks will wear out on me quickly, but no, i8 still looks hot. BMW showed some balls with the design.

The styling had not better wear out, as that is what you are buying, certainly not performance, $136k will buy you a lot of 911, with better performance and room...

I dont think it will wear out at all. Why would it? There wont be another same looking car anywhere, nor with cf tube, up rising doors and cutted c pillars.

• 1 month later...
I dont think it will wear out at all. Why would it? There wont be another same looking car anywhere, nor with cf tube, up rising doors and cutted c pillars.

I can't believe I just placed an order on an i3 with a range extender as I need a commuter car since I now live in BFE adjacent. I drove one earlier this week and was surprised how much I liked it. My only quibble was it seemed a bit pogoey over really rough tarmac. Acceleration was impressive and they are much roomier than you would think. Done a complete 180 on these cars. Still an ugly little bugger though. gla turned me onto them.

I can't believe I just placed an order on an i3 with a range extender as I need a commuter car since I now live in BFE adjacent. I drove one earlier this week and was surprised how much I liked it. My only quibble was it seemed a bit pogoey over really rough tarmac. Acceleration was impressive and they are much roomier than you would think. Done a complete 180 on these cars. Still an ugly little bugger though. gla turned me onto them.

What are they going for?

What are they going for?

I got a basic one with rex and 20's. $0 down (drive off's rolled back in) with all the rebates, conquest rebate etc, $505 plus tax 15,000 miles a year. Sticker on the car was $47,450. Nav, bluetooth are standard unlike other BMW's. Plus in CA, you can apply to get a $2,500 refund.

Configuration

I got a basic one with rex and 20's. $0 down (drive off's rolled back in) with all the rebates, conquest rebate etc, $505 plus tax 15,000 miles a year. Sticker on the car was $47,450. Nav, bluetooth are standard unlike other BMW's. Plus in CA, you can apply to get a $2,500 refund.

Pretty good. Considering how much you get back not buying gas.