Here Allan! :)

Cabbe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://youtu.be/LxlPWPuAQIM

Sleepy little video of me driving the countach down my driveway.... And in the country... But vice enthusiasts will catch the 4:30 mark where I crank the hammer...

Sounds like the volume got trashed and I didn't see your "vice" comment at first. So I cranked it all the way up to hear the engine and I could barely make out this: *link* hahaha, I've had dreams of driving that exact color QV listening to that exact frickin' song. Well, not in the boonies, but you get the idea. Livin' the dream, Roman. Livin' the dream.

Sounds like the volume got trashed and I didn't see your "vice" comment at first. So I cranked it all the way up to hear the engine and I could barely make out this: *link* hahaha, I've had dreams of driving that exact color QV listening to that exact frickin' song. Well, not in the boonies, but you get the idea. Livin' the dream, Roman. Livin' the dream.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

I love the story behind those replicas and Ferrari's lawsuit

And the fact that after ferrari gave them two tr's, they went ahead and built a replica tr to use for the driving scenes.

All these clips get me more excited about cars than any new vids of the P1, Aventador etc... Next stop for me...TESTAROSSA.... Either get one of the Flying Mirror TR's or a 512TR...

All these clips get me more excited about cars than any new vids of the P1, Aventador etc... Next stop for me...TESTAROSSA.... Either get one of the Flying Mirror TR's or a 512TR...

While the 512 is a nice car, it's still slow as balls. Since your going to be going slow anyways, get the flying mirror. IMO the mirror needs to be up there and on the driver side only.

And the fact that after ferrari gave them two tr's, they went ahead and built a replica tr to use for the driving scenes.

Yes!

What was that based in again? Someone once told me the same POS as the others but that cannot be right?

Yes!

What was that based in again? Someone once told me the same POS as the others but that cannot be right?

A pantera

Theres a reason the older cars are sky rocketing in value. In these new cars your along for the ride on a techfest....the older cars you could actually drive and enjoy.....the sound..the feel. In a world with a cop on every corner and stricter speed laws I'd get more enjoyment out of a 1969 911S (or a Singer Porsche :) ) then any P1 or ThethetheFerrari. Analog sportscars are extinct

IMO there is a different reason, people who dreamt of those cars can finally afford them and are at the point in their life where they are ready to meet childhood dreams, they are emotional purchases and have nothing to do with the new cars etc.

When emotions are involved in what would otherwise be a standard business transaction with rules and regulations values are secondary, if I really wanted something which is scarce, in short supply, something I desired and admired all my life and I am at the point where I can afford it, $50k, $100k, etc. over perceived market value has zero significance, I am realizing a goal!

Not trying to take anything away from these cars but strictly IMO these trends generally have very little to do with the object itself.

IMO there is a different reason, people who dreamt of those cars can finally afford them and are at the point in their life where they are ready to meet childhood dreams, they are emotional purchases and have nothing to do with the new cars etc.

When emotions are involved in what would otherwise be a standard business transaction with rules and regulations values are secondary, if I really wanted something which is scarce, in short supply, something I desired and admired all my life and I am at the point where I can afford it, $50k, $100k, etc. over perceived market value has zero significance, I am realizing a goal!

Not trying to take anything away from these cars but strictly IMO these trends generally have very little to do with the object itself.

I think for myself, my 458 purchase opened my eyes.. It taught me, that buying the latest and greatest doesnt make me happy.. Now that I can afford to buy some of these new cars, the love, lust, desire whatever you call it just isn't there. Unfortunately for me, the majority of the cars I want now I already owned and now Im paying for my mistakes!

Have you always wanted to own the cars you are acquiring now or is this a new interest for you?

Most are the cars I always wanted as a kid.... but for example I want a TR, 328GTS, 930 Turbo.... cars I owned previously, even multiples of but ended up trading in for at the time, the latest and greatest only to find the latest and greatest didnt make me happy..

Look at my Countach and Diablo... I had virtually the same combo almost 20 years ago!

Most are the cars I always wanted as a kid.... but for example I want a TR, 328GTS, 930 Turbo.... cars I owned previously, even multiples of but ended up trading in for at the time, the latest and greatest only to find the latest and greatest didnt make me happy..

Look at my Countach and Diablo... I had virtually the same combo almost 20 years ago!

328GTS? Who the fcuk are you and how did you get Allan's password?

Nostalgia, midlife crisis :icon_mrgreen:

The cars you have now are a perfect combo, I am not a Ferrari guy so no desire for them, enjoy them in the best of health, I hope you will find what you are looking for in order to complete your collection.

I'm sure most of you if not all noticed in the Daytona vs Countach vid there was 2 different Countach's. Why?

It's not unusual to use multiple different cars to film a car chase, especially for TV shows that have a tight shooting schedule...

Nostalgia, midlife crisis :icon_mrgreen:

The cars you have now are a perfect combo, I am not a Ferrari guy so no desire for them, enjoy them in the best of health, I hope you will find what you are looking for in order to complete your collection.

No midlife crisis... Thats what the Corvette Z07 will be for ! :icon_mrgreen: