mclaren race ready

g-force

Passed tech today (as hard as they tried to fail me)

1 mile shoutout tomorrow 90 mile race sunday.

mcl.JPG

Good luck Wayne - hope you have a good run and the petrol tank doesn't let you down.

>8^)

ER

:eek3dance: good luck, represent!!!!! ;)

did some trial runs last night..not good...launch control not working..no

big deal..then ran through the gears in auto mode ...car starts missing at 7500

RPM..pisses me off.. maybe I'll run manual mode and shift at 7500 rpm?

this happened to me. make sure valet mode is off.

double check it

this happened to me. make sure valet mode is off.

double check it

Too late now..Anyhow ran in manual shift mode ..don't know digit but I'm guessing

only about 175-180. did not get into 7th until right at mile marker.

2 other Lambo gallardos there one ran in 1/2 mile the other 1 mile.

2 teslas also in 1/2 mile. think they are running 90 mile run in 95 or 100 mph

Good job Wayne! Be safe!

think the UGR 1200 HP Gallardo will have the mile trophy 20 something kid.

I'll get times Sunday night at awards banquet

good to see some exotics here for a change!

Are you still out in Riverside? Im in Palm Springs. I'll be involved in the upcoming 1/2 mile and full mile events in Mojave and Coalinga. Have fun out there and stay safe.

Do you know the dates of those two events

Hey fastlane,

Neither of the events have been set yet. I hope I didn't get you too excited by referring to them as "upcoming". I just meant it as the next ones to be scheduled. The Mojave Mile just took place last month and there's a possibility it will be the only one for 2014 but sometimes a later event in October or November is announced during summer. The Coalinga/Bakersfield area 1/2 mile events are usually promoted by Shift Sector and we should see announcements for their next event soon. I was really hoping to have my car ready for the Mojave event last month but car builds - we know how they go. There's a possibility I'll be throwing the car on a trailer and hauling it up to Colorado Springs for the 1/2 mile event in late June. If you CA guys are interested in attending these events, I'll be sure to post them up when they're announced. Hope to see you all out there!

Hey fastlane,

Neither of the events have been set yet. I hope I didn't get you too excited by referring to them as "upcoming". I just meant it as the next ones to be scheduled. The Mojave Mile just took place last month and there's a possibility it will be the only one for 2014 but sometimes a later event in October or November is announced during summer. The Coalinga/Bakersfield area 1/2 mile events are usually promoted by Shift Sector and we should see announcements for their next event soon. I was really hoping to have my car ready for the Mojave event last month but car builds - we know how they go. There's a possibility I'll be throwing the car on a trailer and hauling it up to Colorado Springs for the 1/2 mile event in late June. If you CA guys are interested in attending these events, I'll be sure to post them up when they're announced. Hope to see you all out there!

Yes please do I wanted to go to the Mojave event but I missed it by a week, didn't pay enough attention. I did the original 1 mile Mojave event with my LP640 when it was called runway titans, and a 1/2 mile event near Bakersfield put on by lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu motor sports with my Mclaren. Always looking for an event to supplement the 1/4 mile weekends.

Mine was missing at WOT from 5500rpm+. It was a faulty fuel rail and there is a TSB out on it. Had a new fuel rail put in and my car runs perfect now.

Mine was missing at WOT from 5500rpm+. It was a faulty fuel rail and there is a TSB out on it. Had a new fuel rail put in and my car runs perfect now.

funny ran it in manual mode ran fine..then day of event tested in auto normal..ran fine..mystery of life?

How did they try to fail you?

way harnesses where mounted...they couldn't see everything without removing seats

way harnesses where mounted...they couldn't see everything without removing seats

Sir, can you please elaborate on your harness/safety setup? I am worried I will be hassled about my bolt-in 4-point Autopower roll bar and G-Force 5pt. Competition camlock harness setup. Can you confirm whether roll bars/cages need to be welded in or if a bolt-in is acceptable and do they want factory bolt holes used for the lap belts on the harnesses or can I have welded reinforcement plates and eyebolts with a latch-lock type deal? What are your shoulder straps wrapped around/latched to? Thank you.

Sir, can you please elaborate on your harness/safety setup? I am worried I will be hassled about my bolt-in 4-point Autopower roll bar and G-Force 5pt. Competition camlock harness setup. Can you confirm whether roll bars/cages need to be welded in or if a bolt-in is acceptable and do they want factory bolt holes used for the lap belts on the harnesses or can I have welded reinforcement plates and eyebolts with a latch-lock type deal? What are your shoulder straps wrapped around/latched to? Thank you.

each race makes their own rules best to ask chief tech BEFoRE you are inspected.imho welded plates should be adequate

• 3 weeks later...
Yes please do I wanted to go to the Mojave event but I missed it by a week, didn't pay enough attention. I did the original 1 mile Mojave event with my LP640 when it was called runway titans, and a 1/2 mile event near Bakersfield put on by lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu motor sports with my Mclaren. Always looking for an event to supplement the 1/4 mile weekends.

Hey fastlane,

Just checked the Shift-S3ctor website and it looks like they've added a 1/2-mile event in Coalinga, CA in the Fall this year. I will continue to check on a weekly basis and will post a link to registration and event information when the time comes! Hope to see you out there.

• 2 months later...