Diablo Door handles

Hello all,

Hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. Had a customer call up in a panic to inform me that his interior door handle broke over the weekend.

wondering if there is a better route than the cheesy plastic door handles? If not, does anyone have the door handles laying around?

Thanks,

Alex

[email protected]

If you need a replacement ASAP, I believe you are stuck with the OEM plastic. If your client can wait, there are shops such as MaCarbon and ValenceUSA who make these custom order out of carbon fiber. I had this done for my 360 Ferrari

I learned that this is a fairly common problem. The levers break either around the axle or the mounting screw. I replaced both of mine with 6.0 levers since at least the levers are aluminum. The bad news is that they cost almost twice as much. Nevertheless, my Diablo door opening policy from now on is to put a finger under the lever and just pull it gently with only the finger motion rather than a ham-fisted two-fingered yank.

Diablo_Door_Levers.jpg

Actually the all black have gone up in price as of late. $293.70 MSRP from dealer and the chrome insert style for the 6.0 is $339.85 MSRP

UHhhh, I have replaced (and paid for) several of these (same as the engine bonnet handle), can they be made out of C/F, and therefore NOT BREAK? Would be worth 2X the price.....

UHhhh, I have replaced (and paid for) several of these (same as the engine bonnet handle), can they be made out of C/F, and therefore NOT BREAK? Would be worth 2X the price.....

I found on a kitcar website for Diablos that a couple people have duplicated these handles and made them stronger ... I believe the bottom with the mounting is thicker. I tried contacting one of the sellers and never heard back. I didn't care it was not OEM and that it was a 'kitcar' part. They were only $20 each (if I recal correctly).

It would be nice to be able to retro fit the murcie door handles for the diablo!! problem solved?

Save all your grief and just order the part direct from Lamborghini, The Diablo door handle is now superceeded to the Murcielago part # 410823537

Dealer cost is now less than $90.00

Save all your grief and just order the part direct from Lamborghini, The Diablo door handle is now superceeded to the Murcielago part # 410823537

Dealer cost is now less than $90.00

Better check again, dealer retail on this superceeded part number is $293 like I mentioned above. Even Bull Stuff has them listed at an older price of $248

If you need a replacement ASAP, I believe you are stuck with the OEM plastic. If your client can wait, there are shops such as MaCarbon and ValenceUSA who make these custom order out of carbon fiber. I had this done for my 360 Ferrari

6.0 metal version also fitted to 99 SV's too

Billet steel is also an option.... can even get it 3-d scanned and printed!! Maybe even put "Lamborghini" in script on the handle.

• 1 month later...
I glued mine with plastic epoxy 3 years ago and it is still holding up.

Did it break around the screw hole of the base or the axle holder of the lever? Mine broke around the axle holder so I was fooked.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello all,

Hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. Had a customer call up in a panic to inform me that his interior door handle broke over the weekend.

wondering if there is a better route than the cheesy plastic door handles? If not, does anyone have the door handles laying around?

Thanks,

Alex

[email protected]

Use the Diablo 60 door handles they have a metal interior peace but cost an arm, a leg, and both nuts

There are folks out there who are making after market stuff for the replica market which are metal and supposedly much stronger