Race car

megachad

Very cool! You've come a LONG way in a short time.

Congrats!

Thank you. My learning curve is very exponential. I like to analyze everyhing and learn the ins and outs of how it all works and relates to eachother. Ive gotten it down pretty well and have become very competitive. It would be nice to catch a drive in a super trofeo car or sometbing one day. Racing is like heroin, only more expensive...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:iamwithstupid:

Awesome stuff Chad, you're killing it man! :icon_super:

Thanks bro! Its fun to be up in the front. Only a matter of time until i am on the top of the podium. Pushing for the season championship.

Thanks bro! Its fun to be up in the front. Only a matter of time until i am on the top of the podium. Pushing for the season championship.

Very nice.

Have you been supplementing track time with racing schools? I'd imagine they would put you over the top if you haven't attended many.

What series are you racing in ? What tracks ?

This is spec Z series with Nasa.

Ive done buttonwillow and UMC (formerly miller) Buttonwillow was a blast and I came up to speed quick out there. I would love to do Cota, leguna, spring mountain, and a bunch of others.. difficult to get away to do that.

Very nice.

Have you been supplementing track time with racing schools? I'd imagine they would put you over the top if you haven't attended many.

Racing schools really don't help much past this point. I could probably outdrive most of the instructors. Private coaching from a team would go a long ways, but you are talking tons of $$$ to do that.

My friend owns a huracan super trofeo. I may get some seat time in that car this year and see how I can transition to a car with some aero and a lot more speed.

This is spec Z series with Nasa.

Ive done buttonwillow and UMC (formerly miller) Buttonwillow was a blast and I came up to speed quick out there. I would love to do Cota, leguna, spring mountain, and a bunch of others.. difficult to get away to do that.

You are ion the west coast , lot of the good tracks are far away from you , it is a shame .

Racing schools really don't help much past this point. I could probably outdrive most of the instructors. Private coaching from a team would go a long ways, but you are talking tons of $$$ to do that.

My friend owns a huracan super trofeo. I may get some seat time in that car this year and see how I can transition to a car with some aero and a lot more speed.

Definitely give it a try sometime.

Have you noticed how much better you drive your Lambos now? :icon_super:

Racing schools really don't help much past this point. I could probably outdrive most of the instructors.

You ready to start giving out rides bro? :eusa_dance:

You are ion the west coast , lot of the good tracks are far away from you , it is a shame .

I agree. Ill have to make it out to them somehow in my lifetime.

Definitely give it a try sometime.

Have you noticed how much better you drive your Lambos now? :icon_super:

Ill be honest. I dont think racecraft/ track performance changed the way I drive the lambo's. Im never in a position to test any of the cars limits on the street. Its made me more comfortable driving the car at higher rates of speed, but regardless of how good of a driver I have become I am not in a cotnrolled envoriroment. So I dont push any limits, my own or the cars. Lambo's will bite you so easily with the minimal amount of steering angle, wide rear track and narrow front with skinny front tires. The understeer these cars give is confident inducing, but they can snap on you hard. Without the steering angle to be able to recover even the best driver cant save it.

• 2 weeks later...

Race weekend #2 for the season. After sat and sunday races I am now the Points leader. Haven't taken first yet, but 3rd 1 time and 3 times P2 have gotten me there with consistency.

Here is the sunday race from this last weekend. Pro drivers in the blue and green/yellow cars. silver car in lead (until collision) is 3 time region champ. This footage is from national champs car in 5th/4th place.

Here is footage from my car in P2.. Couldn't capitalize on the collision and get into 1st position with the damn Porsche in my way.. I should have probably just pushed into him. Actually lost 2 positions and made 1 back. Next time I'll just have to keep it pinned and see wtf happens.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally won my first race in march. And this last weekend i won. So back to back wins! I took pole and missed the track record by 6/100’ths of a second.

16 spec z cars on grid.

Laat year i totalled my car in sep. I rebuilt a new car in 3 weeks time and built a fast car, but it wasnt 100% because of the time aloted. I took 3rd in the region overall. I missed 4 points races in the season of 16 races. We are allowed to drop

Our worst 3. So only having points in 12 races instead of 16 it was amazing I podiumed for points in the championship.

This year 2 weekends in I am the points leader again. Going to push hard to win this championship. I know this is just spec racing, but trust me. Put me or any of the top drivers in this group and we would be a fighter for podium in pwc, super trofeo, etc.

I am hoping to get seat time in a new super tro evo car and possibly even race it in leguna seca super trof race. Depends on how much it will cost me.

Chad, congrats on the wins man!!

Happy to see you've been progressing in motorsports. :icon_super:

Thank you! it's been a riot

Nice foot work haha that looks like a lot of fun, congrats on the wins :icon_thumleft:

Thank you! Foot work is important.. I can't left foot brake in this car without cutting throttle, they just came out with a new software update where we can delete that. So I can't wait to start left foot braking in areas where I can't now.

Congrats! Great progress in very little time!

Looks like fun. Be safe!

Thank you. I have definitely made the progress I was shooting for. Learning to set up my own car, how and why, has been the most important part. I have jumped in guys cars and told them what adjustments to make and helped them shave off seconds on their laps. My brother in law is only in his second year and already constantly in the top 6.. It's rewarding to help others just as much as it is for myself. I love competition.

This race was particularly awesome for me for multiple reasons. Not only did I win, but I won by 2.6 seconds with easing off mid race to save the car, myself, and managing the car by hitting all my apex's etc. It was a great boost of confidence for me, and also get's into the other drivers heads that I can beat them. It will be an awesome season from here out with some insane battles.. I can't wait.

Nationals is at Cota this year.. trying to figure out how to make it..

Very cool Chad! Always like seeing your posts on Facebook! Congrats on the wins!

Very cool Chad! Always like seeing your posts on Facebook! Congrats on the wins!

Thanks brotha!! Hope all is going well for you.

Congrats buddy, glad to see you're kicking ass out there!

I need to see if they have anything similar here in SoCal.