Sold in 1 day

Allan-Herbie

$325k...

Just think what they could have got if the dude in the video pronounced countach right....

The crazy thing is how long it normally took to sell one for 100k or less a few years ago. Serious deep pocket buyers have entered the arena for these to sell as high as they do, as fast.

The crazy thing is how long it normally took to sell one for 100k or less a few years ago. Serious deep pocket buyers have entered the arena for these to sell as high as they do, as fast.

that is what a bubble looks like but again these cars were way undervalued for a long time.

The real bother now is that in 1 year span the cars are selling at$300K-$500K in 1 day. A yellow carb in France just got scopped upin 24h. You dont even have time tosee the add if you are not already plugged in deep.

They have a stunning $500K QVDD that wont last verylong.. Last may the Emlia auction QV DD at $320K looks a real bargain now,despite many poopoo-ing it at the time..

this are times when you want to stay out of the market. Just wait a bit more, at least until Putin shoot the 2nd plane out of nowhere...

Three countaches in this months DuPont... That's more than they've had the entire year combined... I think one of them was this car...

I called on that car and they had it advertised for more than one day (albeit it sold quickly for over 300K) If this was such a bargain, why is the white 87 still for sale at Lambo Palm Beach. Is it a POS ? Been on the market since April

I called on that car and they had it advertised for more than one day (albeit it sold quickly for over 300K) If this was such a bargain, why is the white 87 still for sale at Lambo Palm Beach. Is it a POS ? Been on the market since April

I think the bumpers and lack of wing hurt the Palm Beach car. I have heard the dealer did turn down 275k.

I would think that any buyer with any knowledge would know that 10K or less would remove the US bumper ugliness. The Marshall car had a hybrid front bumper set up. Frankly the wing was the shit in the eighties, but now looking at it, it has not aged well along with the rest of the car. I am still puzzled that with the stupid prices being paid that this car is still for sale

I would think that any buyer with any knowledge would know that 10K or less would remove the US bumper ugliness. The Marshall car had a hybrid front bumper set up. Frankly the wing was the shit in the eighties, but now looking at it, it has not aged well along with the rest of the car. I am still puzzled that with the stupid prices being paid that this car is still for sale

I like the look with and without wing, but inmo to own Countach must have wing.

I like the look with and without wing, but inmo to own Countach must have wing.

:iamwithstupid:

Add me to the wing guy group. When I was shopping, a no wing car was a deal breaker. They look great without, but better with imo. The car was meant to be outrageous.

i suspect if people pays 30k$ more for a car with a wing they do not know much about countach...looks to me these new buyers are not LONG time countach fans...

you can add a wing for 4-5k $ for an original one, probably less if you take your time in the search... any countach guy knows this

makes no sense at all for someone that knows countach to skip a GOOD one because of the lack of wing: easiest correction in the world

I think the bumpers and lack of wing hurt the Palm Beach car. I have heard the dealer did turn down 275k.

A lack of wing and having the US bumpers certainly won't stop any Countach from selling, trust me.........it's a Countach! These cars (carb'ed or not) have been undervalued for many years. If you managed to snap one up a few years ago for $120k, I consider you to be a very savvy investor. The Countach was the first iconic V12 exotic the grace the roads, forget trying to buy one now in the $100's or even the $200's!

A lack of wing and having the US bumpers certainly won't stop any Countach from selling, trust me.........it's a Countach! These cars (carb'ed or not) have been undervalued for many years. If you managed to snap one up a few years ago for $120k, I consider you to be a very savvy investor. The Countach was the first iconic V12 exotic the grace the roads, forget trying to buy one now in the $100's or even the $200's!

great insight

This recent tear in collector car prices is just screaming bubble to me. Is anyone on this site buying these cars? Seems like "investors" rather than enthusiasts. Enthusiasts are scratching heads wondering WTF is going on.

This recent tear in collector car prices is just screaming bubble to me. Is anyone on this site buying these cars? Seems like "investors" rather than enthusiasts. Enthusiasts are scratching heads wondering WTF is going on.

For some cars... But realise I know people who are paying these prices for these cars... and then sending them of for $150k restorations..

Yes, I knew the Countach values would eventually go up, being the iconic car it was back in the day. That is why I expedited my purchase 3-4 years ago. At these prices I would not be in at all. The prices have gone up way too fast. I remember people loosing their asses in the late eighties and early nineties. Thankfully I did not have the $$$ to jump in and loose my ass! For now, my eighties super cars are not for sale, as I enjoy driving, polishing, wrenching them too much :)

For some cars... But realise I know people who are paying these prices for these cars... and then sending them of for $150k restorations..

I think paying these prices for a really nice example may work out in the long run (5-10 yrs) A person who pays current prices for a car that needs a $150K restoration has more dollars than sense :)

I think paying these prices for a really nice example may work out in the long run (5-10 yrs) A person who pays current prices for a car that needs a $150K restoration has more dollars than sense :)

I do not agree.

You can say bubble, or you can say market correction.

I stand on the side of market correction where the Countach for many years was under priced for the value. The value was always there. Now the prices are catching up.

Don't think we will see Countachs protracted to under $200k and as the prices for auctions increase and exposure deepens, this correction will continue.

I chuckle at auction prices. I see these, my check book is bigger than yours, alcohol fuel bidders at every auction I go to. I cant wait to see the results at Monterey (which I am sure will be as crazy as last year). I am glad I have no more room in my garages to even have the urge to buy anything else at these prices. Yes, I do agree Countach's will never go under $200 K. So glad both of us wrote the check at the right time :)