Countach shift knob

blowndaytona

I am looking for an original style shift knob for my 87 Countach. I will even be interested in one that the covering has split ( I can have it redone) I currently have the Audi...errr...Lambo replacement on the car. It is close but no cigar, if you know what I mean. Any leads are greatly appreciated :)

I am looking for an original style shift knob for my 87 Countach. I will even be interested in one that the covering has split ( I can have it redone) I currently have the Audi...errr...Lambo replacement on the car. It is close but no cigar, if you know what I mean. Any leads are greatly appreciated :)

Where did you get the replacement one from?

These guys?

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/searchResult_o...=1&TB=38054

No, I got it from Evans. He gets parts from Lamborghini also. I am assuming that Euro Spares also get their parts from Lamborghini and I will get the same shift knob as what I have now :(

No, I got it from Evans. He gets parts from Lamborghini also. I am assuming that Euro Spares also get their parts from Lamborghini and I will get the same shift knob as what I have now :(

These guys still have some original shift knobs. Pricey, but original.

Ask for Glen Huffman

http://www.exoticwholesaleparts.com/partview.php?id=6

Lamborghini has been and continues to ship the wrong shift knob for the CT for almost a year now. Glen has been struggling with the issue. The best is likely to find an old one and have the leather redone.

Lamborghini has been and continues to ship the wrong shift knob for the CT for almost a year now. Glen has been struggling with the issue. The best is likely to find an old one and have the leather redone.

lambo is selling this ugly knob since over 3 years i think...possibly 5

lambo is selling this ugly knob since over 3 years i think...possibly 5

The ugly (and poor quality) one that you are referring to at least fit with the shifting pattern decal.

The ones that Lamborghini was shipping do not even fit! It's a wooden cone wrapped in vinyl that has a wide opening on top which has a much larger circumference than the shift pattern decal and look nothing like the OEM CT one. Here's a pic.

CT.jpg

Wow that one is terrible. I got mine about three years ago. At least I can live with it if I cant find what I want at a realistic price.

post-23115-1406119520_thumb.jpg

The ugly (and poor quality) one that you are referring to at least fit with the shifting pattern decal.

The ones that Lamborghini was shipping do not even fit! It's a wooden cone wrapped in vinyl that has a wide opening on top which has a much larger circumference than the shift pattern decal and look nothing like the OEM CT one. Here's a pic.

There's another insert that has the bull on it... It's slightly larger and I'm guessing fits the knob you're talking about... I used to have one. Might still have it in the part bin.

There's another insert that has the bull on it... It's slightly larger and I'm guessing fits the knob you're talking about... I used to have one. Might still have it in the part bin.

Thanks RD. I know that insert with the bull but even that did not fit well, just a tiny bit too small --- enough to just see the wood part on the knob although some black caulking or filler of some sort might do the trick. No pic as after that didn't fit, I just returned everything. I was able to locate a genuine one later though.

I seriously hope that $595 is not for one. $1800 for 3 knob????

I seriously hope that $595 is not for one. $1800 for 3 knob????

Did you really think factory parts were going to stay cheap as they become more scarce and the cars get more expensive?

ORIGINAL gearknob with all the parts are RARE and expensive .. i sold and bought a pair last year and the price asked is imo correct today

Last year I missed one for $40 and three months ago, I missed one for $300 (both on EBAY). Both were in as new condition

I have 4 original ones. One is in excellent condition, one is in very good condition, and two of them have the leather separating at the seam. PM me if interested. Price on the ones with the split leather is $595 each.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have 4 original ones. One is in excellent condition, one is in very good condition, and two of them have the leather separating at the seam. PM me if interested. Price on the ones with the split leather is $595 each.

at these prices, there ought to be someone who could make exact replicas. Could be that hard. This a knob for heavens's sake!

i think make an exact replica is not so easy

there are 2 rings to be made with a brand, plus the leather etc...probably to make it look close to the original would be pretty hard and expensive

when you had built all and can make them, it would probably not cost effective because the market for these is probably of 100 pieces all over the globe...

i think this is the reason if the replacement from factory looks really nothing like the original

at these prices, there ought to be someone who could make exact replicas. Could be that hard. This a knob for heavens's sake!

Exactly, for $595 and then turn around and have it redone??? I have bought critical parts for a Countach for less.

Exactly, for $595 and then turn around and have it redone??? I have bought critical parts for a Countach for less.

I agree that there are parts out there cheaper but more than likely they are the parts that are still in production. Parts that are no longer available will be hard to find a bargain on unless you find someone that is clueless to what they have.

I have all my for lack of word "cool" parts, shift knobs, steering wheels, original Weber DD Carburators , etc on display in my office. So for me to sell any of them takes away from my art work. So I'm not in a hurry to sell any of it either.