Another airline scuffle, who's side would you take?

Jagata

I have personal experience with this...a flight from MPLS to SFO.. I had an economy seat, have long legs and the guy in front decided to put his seat back, so i did the same to give me more leg room..the fat bastard behind me yelled at me and smacked me in the head knocking my glasses off..it was all i could do not to get up and kick his ass...the flight attendents saw the whole thing and moved him with another passenger, his wife begged me not to press charges as he was a just a "hot head" and the police were there when we landed, pompous ass wont be flying again commercial as he is on a no fly list..and was convicted...

100% side with woman. She paid for a reclining seat. It was not his to take that feature away.

I'd have asked for hot coffee first.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone tried to block me from reclining my seat they would have more to deal with than some water. That is my seat that I paid for and im reclining it. End of story.

If anyone feels it's some kind of God-given right of theirs to recline the seat they paid to sit in, just because it has that option, then it's my hope that they can understand if I also exercise the options available to me with the seat I paid for. Such as completely opening the window that comes with my seat to look at the cloud layer we're flying over in the bright day-light, while they're trying to take a nap.

R.I.P. courtesy, you'll be missed.

Exactly. I think the best outcome is to look behind you, if it's a huge person don't recline your seat. And if they aren't huge and they politely ask that you not recline, then don't recline. If you really need to recline then ask the stewardess to see about finding you another seat. I just can't understand someone saying there will be repercussions more than throwing a glass of water because you have to sit up straight for a few hours.

You never know, you could crash right after that and do you think someone you were a dick to is going to pull your unconscious body from the plane after that.

So I was just reading an article where they interviewed the knee defender wearer and one of the take aways from the article is the airline is selling the same space to 2 different people. And while, I still stand by my above comment, that take away is a valid point. I'm not sure what a viable solution to this would be other than just being courteous though.

I rarely recline my seat. For the reason that I don't want the possible conflict. When I do recline I rarely use the full range of motion of the seat. That said, and as much as I hate it sometimes, the option is there an someone paid for that. I have the same option. If they recline it usually just forces me to do the same. I think that if the seats were built in such a fashion that they already had a slight amount of tilt to them, people would not feel the need so much. They make you sit so erect in their most upright position that they are super uncomfortable.

If you are a passenger that does not like the person in front of you to be able to recline into you, then select a seat that is behind an exit row. Most exit row seats do not recline. This would solve that problem if you are a militant regarding the 3 inches of space in front of you. I would also question if the person who does not like people to recline is the same person that gratuitously grabs the back of the seat in front of them for ingress/egress of their seat or row. I actually have more of a problem with that then I do with the recline.

This thread needs a pole, Recliners V Non-Recliners :icon_mrgreen:

Non recliner and I always bought my seats in the 2nd exit row so that the guy in front of me couldn't recline but I could IF (HUGE IF) there was nobody behind me.

Try doing a 14 hour long haul siting upright, after every muscle in your body starts aching you feel like stretching like a lizard and crawling under the seat in front of you, I've done it before, never again, business only or I am not flying!