Duhawks at the Georgia Half Mile...

TarHeelBlue

The driver is able to show up driving the car, no ice, no crew etc. There is nothing that prevents the car from physically doing that.

Being given support for the event is a luxury, not a necessity. Some guys just don't wanna drive 1000 miles.

It's the same car in both situations. It's not a race car.

Just because a car can't drive flat out on a bank (egear problems), it's a racecar?

I bet you that if I drove my car on that bank flat out, something would go wrong.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the car cannot be driven to the event, run by the owner without a crew where he is just dumping the hot IC water and adding new ice water for the next run, it is a race car period.

This is what I posted.

You chose to just quote this part: "dumping the hot IC water and adding new ice water for the next run, it is a race car period."

Maybe if you re-read my post, you would see my point was that the customer should be able to show up by himself, run the car himself, swap out the ice water if applicable and run the number.

Needing an entire crew with you driving to get the car to run the number and all the drive line fragility with broken parts and the touchiness of the start off with the clutch and what breaks at the 220+ MPH in the 1/2 mile power levels to me is more race car territory.

Carry on.

My car has way more miles on the street and running it on the street than these events. Runs the same power on the streets as it does the events.

Just youtube search duhawks lambo. Do you see a pit crew with me in the streets? lol

To be honest I have run more power in the streets because the streets hook better than these events. Last two events the road surface hasn't been the greatest.

If the car cannot be driven to the event, run by the owner without a crew where he is just dumping the hot IC water and adding new ice water for the next run, it is a race car period.

This is what I posted.

You chose to just quote this part: "dumping the hot IC water and adding new ice water for the next run, it is a race car period."

Maybe if you re-read my post, you would see my point was that the customer should be able to show up by himself, run the car himself, swap out the ice water if applicable and run the number.

Needing an entire crew with you driving to get the car to run the number and all the drive line fragility with broken parts and the touchiness of the start off with the clutch and what breaks at the 220+ MPH in the 1/2 mile power levels to me is more race car territory.

Carry on.

So Underground offering support makes it a race car? that is how I would take what you are saying. The cars are street driven and only at a big event is underground present and offering a FREE service to their customer. Given that these owners are investing half a million or so in these badass rides it is fantastic to see Underground and Heffner showing up and giving free support kri their customers may fully enjoy the event. Most shops don't do that honestly. And trailering a car in doesn't make it a race car anymore than Larry Larson doing drag week makes his 6.11@219 truck a street car.

All on the street against some of the fastest customer cars in the world. Street cars vs Street cars. No pit crew in site..... Just a quick search and found these...

I have also done over 100 vbox runs with this 2R setup on the street. Let me know if you want the files.

300 - To be fair, choosing to trailer your car to the event doesn't make it any less of a street car. My desert racing buddies always had a rule, don't race the ride home. Or hell, some people just don't want to be forced to drive 700 miles in their gallardo when they can ride in a king ranch F350.

As a matter of not wanting to carry 20gal of C16 in the front seat of a $400k car, I would be just fine trailering it. At these speeds shit happens regardless if it's a street car, race car, etc. You could get a flat tire, pop a half shaft, or lose a fuel pump. In any of those conditions it would be great to have a trailer to load it up and drive home in a fancy pickup truck.

Badass fast no doubt... Cant wait to see it run at 2400whp and 52lbs of boost.. :-P

Lol. 2400 doesn't get you 219 half mile. 2400 would be like 235 or something crazy. If I'm lucky I make 2000 in the winter.

There are others who have gone faster than me in the half. SW, Stacey, Cody, and I think a few others. They make around 1800 whp.

We will see at TI. Maybe I can deliver on the 52 psi if I sweet talk KC but 2400 lmao.

With all of those videos Bro , are you for sure that's not a racecar?

:D

racecar-640x640.jpg

Lmao. At this point who cares. All I know is I really enjoy the thing and enjoy it a lot. I can use my air, radio and everything. It's super reliable and it's faster than anything that I run into which is all I care about.

I don't go to Texas. I would be slow there lol.

As an impartial 3rd party non-gallardo owner that just sits back and reads a lot of these threads, I cannot believe the comments that you make. If UGR brings out their shop car and goes a high 23x or a 240 or anything extremely fast, you'll just call BS on the times like you did last time. So don't nag them on to bring out a car that probably will run something you won't believe anyway.

I have always trusted their times. The ONLY time that is in question was the 233. There were MANY people there and ALL said it was not possible. For many reasons. They still have the record for half mile 225. They still have the record for Ti 213.

When UG owners themselves said it was not possible on the black car (again many reasons) I tend to to agree. No back up pass and Vbox.

what else have i doubted?

so legend is true…. :icon_mrgreen:

Sam I let everyone check my car this past weekend. No NOS. My car was wide open all day Saturday with the engine bay open and the front of the car open. After each pass the car sat in the wide open with full access again.

Sam I let everyone check my car this past weekend. No NOS. My car was wide open all day Saturday with the engine bay open and the front of the car open.

yeah 219 would suggest no n20. 219 = 1900 or so.

yeah 219 would suggest no n20. 219 = 1900 or so.

Im sorry, but those calculations are stupid. The ETS GTR that went 219 was "just" on 1560WHP. Dustin on the other hand was on 1800WHP+ but did not hit full throttle until the top of 2nd gear. Same with Codys 2R (1800WHP) when he went 224. The GTR´s actually launch from the start line with their drag radials where as the big hp lambos roll out rather slow in 1st and 2nd gear with R888s and pick up the big mph after the 1/8 mile mark. Stop with that n20 nonsense. You simply can not say 219 equals no n20, but 233 does. Come on, there are way more factors that create the difference in mph at these 1/2 mile events

Im sorry, but those calculations are stupid. The ETS GTR that went 219 was "just" on 1560WHP. Dustin on the other hand was on 1800WHP+ but did not hit full throttle until the top of 2nd gear. Same with Codys 2R (1800WHP) when he went 224. The GTR´s actually launch from the start line with their drag radials where as the big hp lambos roll out rather slow in 1st and 2nd gear with R888s and pick up the big mph after the 1/8 mile mark. Stop with that n20 nonsense. You simply can not say 219 equals no n20, but 233 does. Come on, there are way more factors that create the difference in mph at these 1/2 mile events

That 219 pass on the GTR their VBOX showed 210. ETS 219 pass or whatever it was showed 213 on the VBOX.

ETS is not making 1560… trust me. they are near 1800. that car traps 186.

Let move on.. I am excited on the up coming Ti event. Finally The GTRs will have some depth 7-8 cars with 72mm turbos. Should give them a better chance.

ETS is not making 1560… trust me. they are near 1800. that car traps 186.

Let move on.. I am excited on the up coming Ti event. Finally The GTRs will have some depth 7-8 cars with 72mm turbos. Should give them a better chance.

Crazy isn't it?? Crazy how many more big powered gtrs will be at TI compared to the spring TI. Will be a great time and a lot of fun.

I know they are making a lot more, Michael just said they were on 1560WHP on that particular pass.

Anyways, TI will be insane for sure. Line up the UGR shop car against Omegah......now that would be a race!! :headbang:

I know they are making a lot more, Michael just said they were on 1560WHP on that particular pass.

Anyways, TI will be insane for sure. Line up the UGR shop car against Omegah......now that would be a race!! :headbang:

yeah Omegah still does not have a billet motor.. So it really can't be pushed to the max. Eric said around 42 psi is all the motor can take… Those turbos will flow 48-50psi. Until they get that B.motor they will have to run "lower" boost. Imagine what it would trap if they could run full tilt without worrying about the motor 195 would be doable.

yeah Omegah still does not have a billet motor.. So it really can't be pushed to the max. Eric said around 42 psi is all the motor can take… Those turbos will flow 48-50psi. Until they get that B.motor they will have to run "lower" boost. Imagine what it would trap if they could run full tilt without worrying about the motor 195 would be doable.

I´m not an UGR insider so i don´t have a clue what their shop car makes power wise. Same with the X versions. We can write all we want but will have to wait for the results lol

Excuses, excuses. Imagine what UGR would trap if they could run full boost every gear. 200+ would be doable.

Excuses, excuses. Imagine what UGR would trap if they could run full boost every gear. 200+ would be doable.

No excuses. Just telling you the aluminum motor can't handle more than that. take it for what its worth. I am sure UG at full tilt would trap 195-200