Wintercartime, again... Need input

TRANSAMERA

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on my second cayenne and i love it. We had more than a few rough snow days in NY last year, and it manages fine.

I'm a big panamera fan, and i just got a 4s. If i lived in a nicer climate, i would keep the pan as a daily, but around here, i feel obligated to have an suv as well.

What model Cayenne?

Which car is best? Which is more fun? You might have the perfect info for me :icon_thumleft:

Truth be told the Cayenne with snows is pretty solid in snow, and I would rather be in a CTT with snow tires than a Panny Turbo with snows. However if you exclude the snow, then I would rather have a Panny.

This is the main problem. We don't get tons of snow everyday, but we do sometimes and then you're fucked if you're out on the road. My RS5 almost got me killed a couple of years ago when I got caught in a snowstorm on the highway on my way home in it.

That's what I told him last year. He said he would die. :lol2:

He needs something with less power, maybe a TT.

See above, my Huracan Spyder is the best car on the planet I know, but it will not handle shit like I just posted above, you will either park the car or die, easy.

LM002

Would be cool but then I would be just like AllanHOMO/LAMO driving dinosaurs, so no.

If you don't need the space then rule out any of the SUVs...they drive worse, have worse fuel economy, higher center of gravity, slower in any metric, less comfortable...go for a nice sedan or coupe...Pan, CGT or, dare I say, a Jaguar XJ AWD? They look stunning...and it would be quite different. Slow, no doubt, compared to RS7 for example...but it looks gud. :)

This is what I have been thinking, I really don't need the space. But the clearance is nice to have. Main reason is that I know a SUV drives worse than a sedan, period.

I wish the new S AMG Coupe already had tanked but they are to new, I would definitely see myself in one otherwise!

if you want suv, why not Alpina XD3 BiTurbo?

Impossible to sell later on.

if you are considering the cayenne, might be nice to consider the ML63. i think that's a fantastic suv with a lot of grunt.

My friend has one, he loves it. But I'm more of a Porsche guy :)

Move

:iamwithstupid:

did you drive the G63 yet? What about an audi S8?

None around to testdrive here, only a 350 diesel in the entire country, LOL!

S8s are just to damn ordinarylooking and boring, I'd rather go the RS7 route than the S8 one.

Damn, need to hurry the fcuk up, winter is creeping up on us....

What model Cayenne?

Which car is best? Which is more fun? You might have the perfect info for me :icon_thumleft:

Currently Hybrid S, previously S. I'm a Porsche guy too, so didnt really consider other suvs either. Throw on some snow tires, and you'll be just fine all winter season. Theres really no practical reason why i wanted a panamera, except that i like it. Only had it for a couple of months, so no idea how it would do in the snow.

I like the panamera more, but if you need a reliable daily, for occasional snow days, the cayenne will be perfect. Looks like you already have something fun and fast for a different time.

Currently Hybrid S, previously S. I'm a Porsche guy too, so didnt really consider other suvs either. Throw on some snow tires, and you'll be just fine all winter season. Theres really no practical reason why i wanted a panamera, except that i like it. Only had it for a couple of months, so no idea how it would do in the snow.

I like the panamera more, but if you need a reliable daily, for occasional snow days, the cayenne will be perfect. Looks like you already have something fun and fast for a different time.

I see, thank you! :icon_thumleft:

Bill had one!

Who? :icon_mrgreen:

Audi SQ5?

To small, would rather have the Macan.

Plus I feel Audi has lost it's edge, they are not as attractive as they were 3-5 years ago. BMW/Mercedes have them beat today and that is not easy for me to say..