Diablo SV on Ebay

drstephensugiono

2 years ago jesus wanted $239K for it and then dropped the price to $139K. Not sure what he wants for it now, but it has been for sale for two years.

#1. That car had nothing specially done for Mario Andretti, there are no mods done to it that arent on any of the other Monterey Edition cars. It was not owned by Mario, ordered for Mario etc. It was simply driven by Mario on the Running of the Bulls. Thats it.

I cant remember the past issues of the car, other than the fact that at the price he wants the car is a steal, and people keep backing out of the sale. A reg SV just sold for 175K, and this guy wants 90k. Trying to find where it was discussed.

#1. That car had nothing specially done for Mario Andretti, there are no mods done to it that arent on any of the other Monterey Edition cars. It was not owned by Mario, ordered for Mario etc. It was simply driven by Mario on the Running of the Bulls. Thats it.

I cant remember the past issues of the car, other than the fact that at the price he wants the car is a steal, and people keep backing out of the sale. A reg SV just sold for 175K, and this guy wants 90k. Trying to find where it was discussed.

He didn't want $90k.. he had it as a starting price on ebay at one time. I think the $90k ad was a fake.

He wants a lot more for it then that now i am sure either way.

He didn't want $90k.. he had it as a starting price on ebay at one time. I think the $90k ad was a fake.

He wants a lot more for it then that now i am sure either way.

If you look back you can see it had a winning bid of $80k..

He says 2 people won and backed out. I wonder if it's so shitboxed that they saw it and ran?

isn't the current auction without reserve?

I asked him about maintenance last clutch etc, got no reply, maybe needs a few things.

70km is up there in miles IMO

isn't the current auction without reserve?

I asked him about maintenance last clutch etc, got no reply, maybe needs a few things.

strange..

I remember when i saw it at $90k i was all over it trying to see what i could do to get it. Got a hold of them and they said it was like $140k or something...

I didn't even pursue any farther with those kind of miles.

I wouldnt worry about the miles, if it has been maintained..

I wouldnt worry about the miles, if it has been maintained..

I agree completely with Alan, if the maintenance has been well done AND documented miles do not matter. My roadster, just drove from Driven Exotics, Gilroy CA to Vandenberg AFB then to Phoenix rolled over 75,000 km on the way home, absolutely flawless. Most of you will never drive a Lambo that is truly "broken in", because I'd say that occurred around 50k km/ 30,000 miles. She just started driving better. The folks who have driven both my roadster with her "high" mileage and the SV with only 25,000 km on her, feel the roadster drove better/felt better. You just can't "cheap out" on the maintenance. Just like being a couch potato is bad for you, being a garage queen is bad for your Lambo (or any car) get out there and drive!!

I agree completely with Alan, if the maintenance has been well done AND documented miles do not matter. My roadster, just drove from Driven Exotics, Gilroy CA to Vandenberg AFB then to Phoenix rolled over 75,000 km on the way home, absolutely flawless. Most of you will never drive a Lambo that is truly "broken in", because I'd say that occurred around 50k km/ 30,000 miles. She just started driving better. The folks who have driven both my roadster with her "high" mileage and the SV with only 25,000 km on her, feel the roadster drove better/felt better. You just can't "cheap out" on the maintenance. Just like being a couch potato is bad for you, being a garage queen is bad for your Lambo (or any car) get out there and drive!!

yes!

100% agreed...

• 1 month later...

I am conveniently located in Houston and serious about buying this car, I have emailed the buyer twice and have not heard back from him. Heck if the car checks out I will fly up tomorrow with a check and drive it back, I am not opposed to a higher mileage car provided it has been maintained and there are records to back it up. It certainly is frustrating when the seller is non-communicative.

I am conveniently located in Houston and serious about buying this car, I have emailed the buyer twice and have not heard back from him. Heck if the car checks out I will fly up tomorrow with a check and drive it back, I am not opposed to a higher mileage car provided it has been maintained and there are records to back it up. It certainly is frustrating when the seller is non-communicative.

I will buy you a beer just to go and see if there actually is a Diablo at the end of this rainbow. This has become an Urban Legend at this juncture. If you find Jesus in the process, that would be a bonus.

I will buy you a beer just to go and see if there actually is a Diablo at the end of this rainbow. This has become an Urban Legend at this juncture. If you find Jesus in the process, that would be a bonus.

A beer? Alrighty....in that case you are now my Savior!

Jesus ended it again. Said there was an error in the listing. I think the error was the fact that there was never a car to sell. Oh well, the record keeps spinning around and around.

and about that beer....