Pusan, South Korea

HannibalACP82

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I suck with regular chopsticks. I can get food to my mouth but it isnt pretty. Metal chopsticks are impossible.

Practice, practice, practice, and remember...

miyagi_chopsticks1.jpg

It really is all about technique. Once you get it you will have it the rest of your life.

So I suck with regular chopsticks. I can get food to my mouth but it isnt pretty. Metal chopsticks are impossible.

You likely knew already but to up your challenge even more, it is considered rude by Korean culture to lift up the bowls and plates. They should stay on the table and you get the solid food with metal chopsticks and liquids with metal spoon.

And this might be a bit archaic but traditionally, when you are at dinner and your host offers you to "have some more", you are suppose to deny the offer for the first and second time. Only on the third offer would you then take the food.

You likely knew already but to up your challenge even more, it is considered rude by Korean culture to lift up the bowls and plates. They should stay on the table and you get the solid food with metal chopsticks and liquids with metal spoon.

And this might be a bit archaic but traditionally, when you are at dinner and your host offers you to "have some more", you are suppose to deny the offer for the first and second time. Only on the third offer would you then take the food.

Yes I knew the "bring the bowl to your face is a no-no" part but I did not know about denying 2nds for the 1st and 2nd time. Thanks!

Rant time.

Brought my tablet to Korea with me. Go to watch Netflix and get the big old X because I am out of the country. Go to watch Hulu plus and get the big old X because I am out of the country. Mind you these are both services I pay for with american money from my american job with my american credit card with my american billing address.

Go to try Amazon Prime/VOD...first I have to download the Prime app, then I have to get an email inviting me to download the amazon for tablets app to enable the VOD. Then I select the movie I want to watch to free with my prime membership and add it to my watchlist. Then I click it to play it and only at that point does it tell me that while the movie is free it is not available on my device but I can buy it and then watch it on my tablet otherwise I need to watch it on my computer/phone/instant streaming box.

WTF?????

Mandu for lunch. Was fantastic. Metal chopsticks continue to kick my ass.

Hope you get the chopsticks down. If you can't eat your skinny ass is going to get even skinnier.....not good.

Hope you get the chopsticks down. If you can't eat your skinny ass is going to get even skinnier.....not good.

Hahaha. I manage to get the food in!

Just ordered a Amazon Firestick to mess with. Only $19 for prime members (although I doubt prime covers free shipping to Korea). May be worth a look. It streams Prime, Netflix, Hulu, etc. My brother uses a hacked Apple TV to stream XBMC and it's pretty slick.

Japchea bap for lunch today and it was banging!!

post-24965-1414563567_thumb.jpg

Site toilet...glad I can use real one!

post-24965-1414563804_thumb.jpg

Check out the title belt on this car

post-24965-1414563777_thumb.jpg

Big updates comimg! Had off today because it was "sports day" for our customer. We all went to a big field and ate and drank amd watched them play sports.

Also drove up to Jinha today and i got some great pictures. In the mean time here is dinner tonight from Chicken and Beer.

post-24965-1414666267_thumb.jpg

post-24965-1414666287_thumb.jpg

post-24965-1414666309_thumb.jpg

Well, you've done it. I am now craving Korean food like crazy. Will have to get some or make some this weekend.

Nice! What are you going to make?

Looking good HannibalACP82 keep the pix coming :icon_thumleft:

Will do! Just got done watching the photos and videos I took tonight and they are fantastic. I will try and post them tomorrow!

Some shots from my new Sony RX-100 M3 and I have to say that low light is really impressive. It was after 18:30 and was pretty darn dark. We went up to Jinha Beach and wandered around. Here are some of the better shots of the area and Myeongeon Bridge:

post-24965-1414711440_thumb.jpg

post-24965-1414711398_thumb.jpg

post-24965-1414711489_thumb.jpg

post-24965-1414711563_thumb.jpg

post-24965-1414711601_thumb.jpg

post-24965-1414711643_thumb.jpg

I have no idea:

post-24965-1414711710_thumb.jpg

What's up with the massage parlors?? We won't tell your wife.

Hahaha. Haven't been to any yet. Will report back this weekend. ;)

Nice! What are you going to make?

I've got a bunch of Korean short ribs but I'm feeling lazy and may just go out to eat. Busy weekend. Pics are looking good!

Always do the stink finger test

That must have been what that hand with extended finger monument was dedicated to. Always best to check the oil first.