'91 Diablo

Lfsglass

Seems decent and the price seems decent too. Looking at the CARFAX, it looks like it has changed hands a few times and has been a part of a few dealer's inventory, but overall seems okay with no accidents or anything else alarming. Imo, the seller should put up more detailed pics, plus a better and more in depth description though.

The mileage in the ad says 50k, the carfax last reports 74k.

It seems that most owners have this same issue when it comes to the history of their car. Quite a few show odometer discrepancies and it's usually to do with the entries between KM and miles. On my 1991, the speedo shows graduations both in KM and miles, so people who don't know will just assume they are miles. I would consider this a non-issue with this particular car. Seems like a decent deal in today's market........especially since it's complete with the tool kit, owner's manual, and the rear spoiler.

The car has had a lot of issues going through clutches. It has some sort of aftermarket clutch setup on it. Owner is kind of out there too... Cosmetically in person the car is about a 7 out of 10. I wouldn't recommend the car...

The car has had a lot of issues going through clutches. It has some sort of aftermarket clutch setup on it. Owner is kind of out there too... Cosmetically in person the car is about a 7 out of 10. I wouldn't recommend the car...

Is this your stalling tactic so no one buys it and you'll have the car next week? :icon_thumleft: J/K

I spoke to the owner and he was very straight on answering my questions.

He has owned the car for 4 years and put about 25k miles on it. Reason for selling is a new car recently purchased. Car apparently has been serviced by Lamborghini Dallas (as recent as two months ago). Clutch was done two years ago and operates fine.

Recent tune-up as well. He confirmed that the front bumper was replaced due to susceptibility for damage as the car is low.

If the car passes a PPI it is a solid buy.

Is this your stalling tactic so no one buys it and you'll have the car next week? :icon_thumleft: J/K

I personally want nothing to do with this car... Read the other forum as well. Another local here also says to stay away from this car;)

I have another Diablo deal working!:)

I personally want nothing to do with this car... Read the other forum as well. Another local here also says to stay away from this car;)

yes you do

i was just joking around my friend. hope the car works well for someone.

Read the other forum as well. Another local here also says to stay away from this car;)

If the car passes a PPI from a reputable service center and the car fax is clean, why would this be a bad buy? Just curious and very interested in others perspective on cars similar to this.

Also (not specific to this car), if a car doesn't have a full history of service records but passes a thorough PPI and has a more recent service record including a scheduled major service, would this still be a questionable buy or do the majority feel this would be a safe buy? Would this situation affect future value or sellability?

If the car passes a PPI from a reputable service center and the car fax is clean, why would this be a bad buy? Just curious and very interested in others perspective on cars similar to this.

Also (not specific to this car), if a car doesn't have a full history of service records but passes a thorough PPI and has a more recent service record including a scheduled major service, would this still be a questionable buy or do the majority feel this would be a safe buy? Would this situation affect future value or sellability?

A safe buy is what you feel is safe.. All that is important is the condition the car is in now.. aside from an accident or something.. If it gets a thorough PPI and it passes, then what more could you ask for?

It's cool the subtle differences offered even back then. Didn't know there was white/red and black piping. Mine is white piping. I wonder if this one will be shown on tv.

It's cool the subtle differences offered even back then. Didn't know there was white/red and black piping. Mine is white piping. I wonder if this one will be shown on tv.

Yes very cool. Tan piping was also an option.

The 1993 price/option list state "seat piping" as a 250 pund option.

I have a feeling that this will end up the way of countachs and we will revisit these threads thinking they were steals once.

Chipster: That was exactly what I was thinking before, and I see you posted it already. :) I know I've been back to some of those threads on Countaches and I still kick myself for not buying one back then! haha!

Back to the original topic of this thread........It seems like this car has a few things in its past, but it doesn't seem like anything real major has come to light on it, even through discussions. Still seems like a decent buy for the price in today's market. Def a much better deal than the one that has been discussed here for $79K with a rebuilt title:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74281