Sad state of affairs...

serie1926

People are gross. And why the hell do people wear sandals and no socks to the airport. You know you are probably going to have to go through security and remove your shoes ..now your bare feet are all over the dirty floor. every day I see more and more how disgusting the average person is

I've adopted to crocks & socks for air travel. Yeah, I look like an idiot... And people laugh. But I don't give a fcuk...

I bought a large case of the disposable blue booties (that kind the cable guy puts on over his shoes).

WHen I remove my shoes I put on the blue booties, and then discard them. I don't want to walk barefoot or in socks on the gross floor.

When I first did this (I don't remember the year but it was shortly after the TSA began requiring people to remove shoes) I had an argument with a TSA officer who said I had to discard the booties as soon as I stepped through the metal detector - before getting to the end of the conveyer - to get my luggage - which negated the entire purpose of wearing them.

I got so pissed off I wasn't gonna let it slide. I went through channels all the way to Washington DC. It took about 4 months but I got the rule overturned and kept the name of the person in DC just in case someone gave me a hard time (which they did at first but after a bit of time and double checking the regulation it was no longer an issue).

I was shocked that I got anywhere with it - I expected to get shut down!

I've adopted to crocks & socks for air travel. Yeah, I look like an idiot... And people laugh. But I don't give a fcuk...

Last trip I took TSA directed us through the prescreen line. No shoe or belt removal and we didn't need to remove liquids or computers. The best part was there weren't any lines at these stations. We hadn't signed up for Prescreen, but if your ticket is linked to your frequent flyer number you qualify automatically somehow. $85 for five years to avoid all the lines and hassle doesn't sound all that bad either.

Seriously! People,are nasty and they have no respect.

My wife had surgery with a big incision on her butt, pelvic ligaments reconstructed, a Foley catheter and an On Q pain pump and had a flight home from Phoenix to Pittsburgh. We had to buy 3 seats cause she couldn't sit and could hardly walk. She managed to stay more decent than any of these people. I had to take her to the lavatory twice to empty the Foley bag. That was fun.

TSA gave her the royal pat down, yelled at her cause she couldn't stand on those little yellow footprints. They were pretty harsh with her. Meanwhile I breezed right through with a bag of medical supplies, catheters, needles, medication, etc.

TSA gave her the royal pat down, yelled at her cause she couldn't stand on those little yellow footprints. They were pretty harsh with her. Meanwhile I breezed right through with a bag of medical supplies, catheters, needles, medication, etc.

There would have been a few four letter choice words I would have directed at those TSA if they did that with someone close to me who had surgery and couldn't do their screening process properly.