Tycoon's ex rejects $975 million divorce check

Rawr

And my GF wonders why Im not ready to get married and knock her up after 2 months.

Marriage is very easy, make more than she can spend :icon_mrgreen:

TheFilipinoStig you really cracked me up with that split account deal :lol2:

Jokes aside, trust is the most important also freedom, i don't get into my wife's business she doesn't get into mine, she gets whatever she wants so do I. We are faithful to each other and we trust each other, it's not that hard really.

Having said all that my wife is brilliant and all of the above work before I met her I've met some nutters who drove me up the walls so I had to do the Run Forest RUN!!! :lol2:

Captain Chaos...Sponsored by Tesco.

I love how that is going to fly over pretty much everyone's head.

And every little bit is about 93K a day in this case.

Don't care how rich you are, that is not to be sniffed at.

She accepted it.

Sue Ann Arnall, the ex-wife of oil tycoon Harold Hamm, has cashed her huge divorce check after claiming earlier this week that the settlement was unfair.

Not to Jihad this thread, but I was just talking with an old friend of mine about divorce/marriage/happiness/life just a minute ago for a few hours. Both of are reasonably smart kids, good education, capable, young, both aspire to do well in life. We talk about all sorts of shit - religion, gun control, cars, music - and can pretty much narrow things down to why people like certain things. For the life of us, we cannot seem to make any sense out of women or relationships. More specifically, marriage is the big clusterfuck sandwich that just doesn't seem to add up whatsoever. (He just recently got engaged).

More recently, I had a fun conversation with my gf about checking/savings accounts after marriage (not sure how the fcuk we got on this topic) and I mentioned that it seems totally reasonable to have separate savings accounts (since we both plan on working professionally) but a joint checking account where we each contribute a % of our income to for expenses. This set off the avalanche of shit storm...

For those of you with any money going into marriages, relationships - how do you handle this shit? Divorce rates seems WAY too high of a % for me to consider risking wealth accumulated over multiple generations and prenups seems like something only old billionaires with 20 year old wives can ever get them to agree to.

Also, if anyone has the key to eternal happines with women - also please include that.

Go gay. Problem solved.

Edit:

...or not.

:)

The dollar amount isn't the real point, right? If the law says she should get a billion dollars (who knows if that is the right number), then it doesn't matter that she can't realistically need a billion dollars right? She's entitled to what the law allows, whether that is $1,000 or $1,000,000,000,000. He doesn't need a billion either right, does he? They are both entitled to what the law mandates.

F*ck entitlements. She's chosen to be broke, so she should get not a single cent. End of story.

I love how that is going to fly over pretty much everyone's head.

Don't care how rich you are, that is not to be sniffed at.

:icon_mrgreen: