What is the worst exotic you have owned and why ?

LPDADDY

1983 and 1986 , The 1986 blew an oil line to the turbo while doing @ 100 mph and went up in flames. Both cars when driving in the rain hit puddles that warped the exhaust manifolds. Snapped timing belt on the 83 with 8500 miles.Just had a lot of issues, but as said they were fun to drive

Ah.. I think the later cars were far more straightened out..

Something strange I don't really like about the heavy v12 cars is the front end. It seems to float at times. It almost would feel like the front suspension was on air bags when driving in city or basic here to there type driving.

Funny you mention that, took my car to LA today (a good 300 mile spirited drive) and I felt my 03 Murci floating/unstable at certain points. Maybe it is time to upgrade the shocks (34k miles on original factory shocks)?

What year was it? I had 2. Put 50k miles on it, and it was trouble free. The second, I sold to a member on Lp about 10 years ago who still has it.

I actually ran into Gonzo at the last track event (he used to come on the OC lambo runs with us) and he said something blew up on his motor and he had to custom make some parts for it since it is out of production??? Not sure, but seemed he drove it hard and enojyed it, always sounded good.

Its funny that most of us have the most issues with our Lambos yet we love them so much. I think it's their temperament that makes them so special.

I can't complain about any of the Lambos I have owned, besides clutches and regular maintenance they have never let me down. However, I drove at high speeds but did not beat on them.

My Countach was actually fine, lol. Always start, didnt overheat, ac worked decently enough to tolerate driving. My Diablo was a nightmare, a lot of it due to bad mechanics before me. Blown engine etc. After I got it sorted the AC always sucked and the front ground clearance was horrific. I had to plan my routes and couldnt really take it anywhere for fear of tearing the front airdam off. My Lotus v8tt used coolant like gasoline, ck engine lights, airbag lights, ac sucked. Learned to hate that car. My 86 lotus turbo didnt leak oil, start right up after two months. always fine lol.

I actually ran into Gonzo at the last track event (he used to come on the OC lambo runs with us) and he said something blew up on his motor and he had to custom make some parts for it since it is out of production??? Not sure, but seemed he drove it hard and enojyed it, always sounded good.

He modified the car though, even more extensively than I did. Pushing the limits..

For me it was the Rossion Q1.

Biggest hunk of crap ever x10000000

The components are built in South Africa and then shipped to Florida where the cars were assembled by a shop subcontracted to build them. Because they wanted to rush my car to me, Rossion decided that their service shop could build my car. It was a total disaster. The car was put together wrong from electrical connections to plumbing fittings to vacuum lines, to the clutch not being adjusted properly. Parts were literally falling off the car as I was driving it, and the car ran like a total piece of shit. When I called up Rossion they asked me to send it to a local repair shop. After much prodding I finally convinced them to fly a tech out to go over the car with my mechanic. After going through everything there were even more things wrong with it than when I started, plus the axles were coming loose and a ton of other crap. When I called them up to complain again they came to the conclusion that my mechanic had caused all the problems in the car, even though he never touched it before my first spate of problems. When I asked them to explain that they said, "Even Honda sells a bad car from time to time."

I considered suing them but I figured at that rate they were probably going to be out of business before I would ever have had a chance to collect from them. I ended up selling the car after about three months of ownership for a huge loss. What a fcuking heap of shit.

I have had 2 that sucked, one was not a exotic-Porsche GT2

#1 was a Porsche GT2, i liked how it looked, drove-under 30mph. anything faster it would get loose. i drove it 1900 miles and lost $60,000

996 or 997?

He modified the car though, even more extensively than I did. Pushing the limits..

It is in spectacular shape and he put on a new custom built exhaust recently..now it sounds even more awesome.

I got to drive it a month ago..and I stalled it 3 times at the light. fcuking embarrassing. That said..it drives like a Diablo..needs lots of focus.and it was great!

Lotus Turbo Espirit, nice when it runs good,but when it had problems ......it had many. Nothing but headaches.

I was thinking of buying one, took a test drive in a demo and the shifter came out of it socket in my hand. Needless to say, that was a deal breaker lol

Ive only owned two exotics, the Gallardo and now Aventador. Both have been Fun with no real issues. The worst car I have owned however, is the e63 M6. I have no idea what BMW was thinking with the SMG transmission. I still get nauseous thinking about it...