SE30 Traction Control / Misfire

Dion

Can anyone advise on how the 3 stage traction control on the SE30 operates?

Reason I ask is that with mine set to the safest setting (3) when I use the gas it misfires under acceleration very badly, when I set it to 2 the misfire is marginally better, at 1 its better again and at 0 its much better but still misfires a bit in the mid range and then clears at higher revs.

Thanks in advance

Can anyone advise on how the 3 stage traction control on the SE30 operates?

It operates terribly :icon_mrgreen:

Mine was so jerky and rough, I tested it once and never used it again. Felt like something wrong with the car when it kicked in.

Interested to know this too. Didn't even know it had this feature.

What he said, never knew this was even available back then, tell us more!

It operates terribly :icon_mrgreen:

Mine was so jerky and rough, I tested it once and never used it again. Felt like something wrong with the car when it kicked in.

That's how mine feels. On anything more than zero its almost undrivable.

0-traction off

1-normal traction on

2-wet and slippery roads

3-snow really slippery

I've put the car away now for a few days. Next time it's out I will persevere with 1.

Very interesting. Maybe jefflambo or Roy will have more insight. Not sure how traction control would cause misfiring

It's just a theory at the moment. It's because the misfire at setting zero is like a very watered down version on setting 3

Very interesting. Maybe jefflambo or Roy will have more insight. Not sure how traction control would cause misfiring

I'm guessing the traction control cuts fuel to reduce the effect, causing the engine to misfire due to running lean.

I'm guessing the traction control cuts fuel to reduce the effect, causing the engine to misfire due to running lean.

I was thinking that or timing.

0-traction off

1-normal traction on

2-wet and slippery roads

3-snow really slippery

This is correct. I recommend to only drive in mode 0..

The system is bad. It cuts fuel pumps this is why the system is slow to respond and recover. Every time the system turns on it is a lean miss fire. It has speed sensors on both rear wheels to read speed difference but has a hard time with 2wd and when turning. Comes on way to easy.

there are two types of traction control: 1. cut power to engine when wheel slip detected or 2. apply brake to slipping wheel. I doubt Lamborghini had #2 in 1994. So my guess is that the system is falsely detecting wheel slip. Perhaps check the wheel speed sensors. Or find and pull the fuse for the traction control to disable it altogether.

Do you have the correct tires on the car? If your front/rear tires are not matched the comparative rotational speed won't match what the computer expects.

there are two types of traction control: 1. cut power to engine when wheel slip detected or 2. apply brake to slipping wheel. I doubt Lamborghini had #2 in 1994. So my guess is that the system is falsely detecting wheel slip. Perhaps check the wheel speed sensors. Or find and pull the fuse for the traction control to disable it altogether.

Do you have the correct tires on the car? If your front/rear tires are not matched the comparative rotational speed won't match what the computer expects.

Sorry for the slow reply.

Yep I have the correct tyres

What I can glean from you guys is that the TC is a very antiquated system and what I am experiencing is normal.