"Q&A: Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winkelmann"

serie1926

Very interesting, thanks for sharing and so it looks like the SUV is more or less around the corner.

Also the SV might not be the end of the line?

"R&T: The SV is traditionally the last variant of a Lamborghini model. With the introduction of the Superveloce, are we nearing the end of the Aventador run?

SW: Traditions are there also to be broken, no? But to some extent, [sV] was always the last edition, like with the Murcielago, also with the Miura. But it's not the case with Aventador. Aventador still has a long life in front of him.

We have a lot of ideas [for] the Aventador."

Very interesting, thanks for sharing and so it looks like the SUV is more or less around the corner.

Also the SV might not be the end of the line?

"R&T: The SV is traditionally the last variant of a Lamborghini model. With the introduction of the Superveloce, are we nearing the end of the Aventador run?

SW: Traditions are there also to be broken, no? But to some extent, [sV] was always the last edition, like with the Murcielago, also with the Miura. But it's not the case with Aventador. Aventador still has a long life in front of him.

We have a lot of ideas [for] the Aventador."

Not a surprise really. They have said for a while that they want to be selling three variants of the Aventador as normal production options: coupe, roadster, and SV. Shame that they are diluting the SV name. Lamborghini is becoming way too influenced by Audi; in the way of doing business. Real turnoff. They have almost put the Audi R8 V10 Plus on same performance page as the Huracan! Madness.

One positive is that they are looking at rear-wheel drive versions of the Huracan. :)

Not a surprise really. They have said for a while that they want to be selling three variants of the Aventador as normal production options: coupe, roadster, and SV. Shame that they are diluting the SV name. Lamborghini is becoming way too influenced by Audi; in the way of doing business. Real turnoff. They have almost put the Audi R8 V10 Plus on same performance page as the Huracan! Madness.

One positive is that they are looking at rear-wheel drive versions of the Huracan. :)

Lamborghini never had a Countach SV and with the Diablo they used the SV concurrently with the VT and the Roadster, and the finale of that line was the 6.0...so needless to say Lamborghini has not been consistent with the SV badging. SV in Lambo terms mean the most performance oriented...not the last of the line per say. Not sure why SV is synonymous with "the end" when they've only used the SV badge for 4 models and half the time it's not the final variant.

As for Lamborghini's business model I'm very happy with the way they've gone, since they've gone from that company that almost went under several times and constantly changed hands to a strong market contender. They're selling enough cars to be viable and are still making awesomely ridiculous machines in the processes...I say keep up the good work :icon_thumleft:

I was never a fan of the Murcielago, though I do like the LP640 and love the LP670 SV...but that model range always felt "transitional" to me. I like the ground-up approach they took with the Gallardo and the Aventador, and from where Lamborghini was in the 80's and 90's to know, they are light years ahead of were they came from. Also, the market place is radically different than those decades as well...There were no R8's, Nissan GT-Rs or MP4-12C's to compete with...so as a company they have adapted and thrived.

Witht hhat rant over...a Huracan LP640-2 Superleggera would be fun to see :)

Lamborghini never had a Countach SV and with the Diablo they used the SV concurrently with the VT and the Roadster, and the finale of that line was the 6.0...so needless to say Lamborghini has not been consistent with the SV badging. SV in Lambo terms mean the most performance oriented...not the last of the line per say. Not sure why SV is synonymous with "the end" when they've only used the SV badge for 4 models and half the time it's not the final variant.

As for Lamborghini's business model I'm very happy with the way they've gone, since they've gone from that company that almost went under several times and constantly changed hands to a strong market contender. They're selling enough cars to be viable and are still making awesomely ridiculous machines in the processes...I say keep up the good work :icon_thumleft:

I was never a fan of the Murcielago, though I do like the LP640 and love the LP670 SV...but that model range always felt "transitional" to me. I like the ground-up approach they took with the Gallardo and the Aventador, and from where Lamborghini was in the 80's and 90's to know, they are light years ahead of were they came from. Also, the market place is radically different than those decades as well...There were no R8's, Nissan GT-Rs or MP4-12C's to compete with...so as a company they have adapted and thrived.

Witht hhat rant over...a Huracan LP640-2 Superleggera would be fun to see :)

Very well said. Look at the Gallardo series, the Superleggera was the finale and it held true for the original pre-LP560 models. By the time it evolves to the LP5x0 series, there were quite a few more models after the LP570-4 Superleggera. There are enough Italian monikers for Lamborghini to keep "reinventing" on the same mould.

Good to see that Lamborghini is successful and sustainable...with the help of Audi/VAG. Although it is a tad sad to see that nearly 95% of the cabin interior comes from Germany (yes, precision is good but some Italian flair definitely helps too); especially when the overhead map light console of the Aventador is identical to the one on an Audi TT.

97% sure that the SUV will be a reality. At this point, Lamborghini had already spent too much $$$ into this project to have it cancelled. Even a "special private event" had been done months ago.

.... Lamborghini is becoming way too influenced by Audi; in the way of doing business. Real turnoff. They have almost put the Audi R8 V10 Plus on same performance page as the Huracan!....

Almost the same performance?? What's different about them ?

Solely the interior styling and the body shell; Otherwise it is the exact same underneath, with all the popular goodies INCLUDED, for $30,000 less. :eusa_think:

As long as their cars remain normally aspirated, I'm good.

Unfortunately, you probably will be disappointed. Winkelmann dropped enough hints during his interview.

Unfortunately, you probably will be disappointed. Winkelmann dropped enough hints during his interview.

:iamwithstupid:

97% sure that the SUV will be a reality. At this point, Lamborghini had already spent too much $$$ into this project to have it cancelled. Even a "special private event" had been done months ago.

Ah, Munich. Indeed. I understand it has the Audi/Bentley V8 with twin turbos and electric supercharger option. Hybrid was a point for further discussion. As was matte paint, and the electric deployable towbar. Hex cup holders were standard. No V10 or V12.