Spotted on GTBoard.com

bev0

You know what sounds insane to me? Buying a GTR for 80K, then dumping 3-4 times worth of upgrades in the car, slap on some slicks which on top makes it look ugly.

What does sound a lot better is taking a beautiful car such as a Lambo and giving it 5 times the HP while still looking and being bone stock from the inside out.

Agreed. I personally think a Stage 3 making 1250-1300 would be perfect or a A12 making 1200 for street. The rest is for the rich people who have unlimited money to keep changing setups...I do enjoy watching these shops go at it. If i were to ever go a lambo or big power it would be stage 3 power. Stock drivability (clutch etc.) with a car doing 60-130 in 3.5. The rest is for 2 events a year.

I bought my GTR for 61k 5 years ago , put 31k into it ,beat the living crap out of it for 4 years. sold it for 85k ...Over 1500 Pulls!!! ton of 1/4 miles passes, ton of 60-130 in 4.3 fun daily driver on e85.

A UGR car with drag radials would be something incredible. And would look wicked as well. With billet everything, i think breaking parts would not be a such a big concern either. Whats stopping you Kevin?:P

FYI

R888 is a drag radial

I bought my GTR for 61k 5 years ago , put 31k into it ,beat the living crap out of it for 4 years. sold it for 85k ...Over 1500 Pulls!!! ton of 1/4 miles passes, ton of 60-130 in 4.3 fun daily driver on e85.

Damn now that is winning!!!

There is a huge difference between Semi-Slicks (Toyo R888, Pirelli Trofeo R, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2, Hoosier A6/R6 & A7/R7) and Drag Radials (Nitto NT05R, Mickey Tompson ET Street II, M&H Racemaster)

Even though the latter can legally be driven on the street in the US, they are fare from daily street usable tires. They have a softer sidewall to give it more flexibility while launching and a softer, stickier tread compound.

There is a reason why none of the drag radials have speed ratings or load indexes on them. It´s because they´re not meant to be driven a lot on the street. You can use them to get to the Drag Strip but thats about it.

On the other hand a Semi-Slick can be used even in bad weather (though the risk of aqua planing is increased). The have a very stiff sidewall and the best cornering abilities you can get on the street, plus they last at sustained high speeds, which is what you want for something like a Lambo.

HAHA better hope $400,000 invoice was a joke...

Do I dare wonder what the price is on a X version...

I think a 2R is the perfect setup overall IMO. Faster than anything on the street, near stock drivability, and seems pretty dead nuts reliable for the most part. Plenty of real world results to back that up too.

There is a huge difference between Semi-Slicks (Toyo R888, Pirelli Trofeo R, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2, Hoosier A6/R6 & A7/R7) and Drag Radials (Nitto NT05R, Mickey Tompson ET Street II, M&H Racemaster)

Even though the latter can legally be driven on the street in the US, they are fare from daily street usable tires. They have a softer sidewall to give it more flexibility while launching and a softer, stickier tread compound.

There is a reason why none of the drag radials have speed ratings or load indexes on them. It´s because they´re not meant to be driven a lot on the street. You can use them to get to the Drag Strip but thats about it.

On the other hand a Semi-Slick can be used even in bad weather (though the risk of aqua planing is increased). The have a very stiff sidewall and the best cornering abilities you can get on the street, plus they last at sustained high speeds, which is what you want for something like a Lambo.

I drove on Nitto 555R DRs for 8 years. 4 on my POS and 4 on the GTR . great tire. It actually has more thread than the R888's i just put on my POS. The 555R handle amazing in the rain. meaning safer than the r888s.

I drove on Nitto 555R DRs for 8 years. 4 on my POS and 4 on the GTR . great tire. It actually has more thread than the R888's i just put on my POS. The 555R handle amazing in the rain. meaning safer than the r888s.

Not to take away anything of your experience, but the 555R had a lot of rain grooves compared to the hardcore ones i named. Also the new R888R should do a lot better in the rain. The R888 isn´t exactly the latest tech tire on the market LOL

Not to take away anything of your experience, but the 555R had a lot of rain grooves compared to the hardcore ones i named. Also the new R888R should do a lot better in the rain. The R888 isn´t exactly the latest tech tire on the market LOL

Yeah , not sure how well they do on Lambos in the rain but on my Veetttee they are scary.. Lucky for me it only rains in vegas 10 times a year

Agreed. I personally think a Stage 3 making 1250-1300 would be perfect or a A12 making 1200 for street. The rest is for the rich people who have unlimited money to keep changing setups...I do enjoy watching these shops go at it. If i were to ever go a lambo or big power it would be stage 3 power. Stock drivability (clutch etc.) with a car doing 60-130 in 3.5. The rest is for 2 events a year.

That's like putting money in the bank!

well thats not good.. you can't use the "street tires" comment anymore :icon_thumleft:

Dustin Hooked fine brake boosting 40 psi..lol

I would love to drag your slow car on the streets!!!!!!

LOL

I would love to drag your slow car on the streets!!!!!!

LOL

what car do you have? i am sure i can find you an even race ;-)

I guess everyone's definition of a "street" tire varies. I think a street tire should at least handle well in the rain.

AND be legal to drive! Anywhere in the world except the US you cant use Drag Radials on the Street...let alone Slicks like some of the GTRs do nowadays

I have 1R…..

I'll be at TI set it up.

Ill ask Anthony if he will run you-he is on the same level as 1R -2R. not sure what this accomplishes? I mean your 1R will have zero chance to win Ti.. Always going to be someone quicker than you..

Ill ask Anthony if he will run you-he is on the same level as 1R -2R. not sure what this accomplishes? I mean your 1R will have zero chance to win Ti.. Always going to be someone quicker than you..

I think he wanted to race you.

forgive him for not understanding such a foreign concept

I understood what he said.. Just trying to understand if he is being serious and wants to race a 600HP VETTTTE ? Its pretty clear in signature that i own a Ve'tte.. Ill race anyone. I could care less what happens.

I understood what he said.. Just trying to understand if he is being serious and wants to race a 600HP VETTTTE ? Its pretty clear in signature that i own a Ve'tte.. Ill race anyone. I could care less what happens.

[/quote

LOL. Maybe one day.