Huracan VS Other Rivals (Pre-ordering)

Jay-K

Hi,

I am new to this forum, hope all of you are well.

so been lurking about trying to decide which car I am going to get,

it was originally big time mclaren or ferrari only (650s vs 458), simply knows that the 650s wins in speed, track times, and review saying that it is one of the best driver's car. the 458 is slower I guess but has arguably one of the best steering feel and precision, yes I test drove one on a track for 5 laps or so, oh dear it got me hooked that I am almost convinced that I am going to get a 458 without thinking about the new speciale and 488 because it seriously is so good.

however, another came up to my mind,,, the huracan of course, thinking the car was out of option as I am no fan of Gallardo either, here is what I thought of the

Huracan (don't get me wrong):

pro:

-superbly good looking exterior

-superbly good looking interior

-the only entry level supercar that still sticks with the NA.

-was just released september 2014 in the us, will have long life time without having the wish to change.

-speed. AWD.

cons:

-drivability of a lambo on the track

-some douches might come and say "hey its an R8 with lambo cover"

-it doesn't have as much f1 history like ferrari or mclaren (maybe its only me, but im a big f1 fan)

-top gear said it betrays what lambo was all about, the excitement, wilderness.

458:

Pro:

-F1 pioneer

-big fan of sebastian vettel (somehow)

-v8 sound is one of the best sounding.

-test drove one and sure I am sold.

Cons:

-car looks getting old (not to mention, not a fan of the looks)

-488 is coming and you would not like to be side by side with it.

-not in the under 3 sec territory (0-60)

However a review I saw in youtube, evo magazine if im not mistaken, randy p a pro driver said that huracan is better than 458, in balance, it was surprising for me, on how good the car was. it make me convinced that it drives good, looks damn good and interior is out of this world, better than aventador.

I was wondering if you guys here owners, had the same dilemma before purchasing the huracan, today I am currently still in the sides of huracan, will do a deposit within this week If I stay. however there are still times I wished to be in a ferrari either, because I've never owned a lambo or either ferrari. McLaren for now is definitely out of option, the new 650s is coming next year, they've developed their cars too fast, their rep on f1 is now demolished as well.

Cheers,

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should get a Ferrari 458 Speciale if you can swing it. If not get a 458.

Hi,

Yes, was thinking about it, but I didn't get any allocations as I was not local and was just in the wrong time, the speciale had sold out, and now the used ones with some miles priced 30k-50k over the msrp I believe.

the Huracan still looks better brother.

I wouldn't take 2 458s over a Huracan!

Huracan is a phenomenal car, I am in love with mine and based on the owner reviews I've been reading online so is everyone else who owns one.

I read a bunch of comments from 458 owners who replaced the F car with a Huracan and they all like the Huracan a lot better, anyway the decision is yours, I hope you will enjoy whichever you will end up buying.

Huracan is a phenomenal car, I am in love with mine and based on the owner reviews I've been reading online so is everyone else who owns one.

I read a bunch of comments from 458 owners who replaced the F car with a Huracan and they all like the Huracan a lot better, anyway the decision is yours, I hope you will enjoy whichever you will end up buying.

Hi,

Yes that's is what I heard,

Not really digging, but the problem is that I haven't test drove a Huracan, its almost like 80% I'm going for the Huracan, it looks too damn good, interior is one of my fav, and after reading about your post, and watching videos, I'm almost certain it is the car to get!

Wait for 488 GTB tests then decide

Can't do that, its going to be too long, I don't want to waste a year car less, because all allocation are booked already?

well I'm pretty sure its going to be something close to mclaren.. turbo... superfast , 50% more downforce,,,

its going to be something big,,

but huracan is the last thing that stays v10 NA..

a friend of mine, kept me in mind..

not a purist or not a big anti turbo driver, but we should play with NA as long as possible..

the future is all about turbo.

this! the Huracan has exceeded any and all expectations on all fronts. Amazing vehicle.

this! the Huracan has exceeded any and all expectations on all fronts. Amazing vehicle.

Like everybody say...

man you guys are making me seriously interested getting into one!

Like everybody say...

man you guys are making me seriously interested getting into one!

I've driven the Hurican and it's phenomenal. The reason I suggested you get a 458 was from reading your first post. If the fastest and f1 are you're loves then you don't sound like you'd be Lambo happy. Lambo is more lifestyle. It's going fast in style IMO.

I have both the 458 Italia and the Huracan in my garage. I took the 458 Italia out this weekend because I feel bad ignoring the car because given the choice, I will almost always pick the Huracan. Still a great car but you will love the Huracan more.

I think your cons are mute points...BUY THE FLIPPIN HURACAN!

First the Huracan will do more than hold itself well on the track. Are you planning to compete in the Super Trofeo? Just make sure you get the Dynamic Steering.

Do you really care what others think?

Does the history REALLY matter?

And I, as well as many others, have disagreed with Top Gear on many occasions.

Just look at your pros...its the definition of what every auto enthusiast is looking for.

And im not anti Ferrari by any means...I have one in the garage too, and its not a 458 ; )

Huracan or 650S now. 488 if you can wait. The 458 is on it's way out, only a Speciale would suffice for your needs imho.

Good luck, a great choice to be able to decide :icon_thumleft:

Ps. :lol2: @ Ferrari pedigree Ds.

I've driven the Hurican and it's phenomenal. The reason I suggested you get a 458 was from reading your first post. If the fastest and f1 are you're loves then you don't sound like you'd be Lambo happy. Lambo is more lifestyle. It's going fast in style IMO.

I understand, Lambo is more about lifestyle,

but it's also a lifestyle I have not yet have a taste.

too bad 458 is already out of the list, I bet in 2 years I'm going to be shy of the looks and will need to replace.

I have both the 458 Italia and the Huracan in my garage. I took the 458 Italia out this weekend because I feel bad ignoring the car because given the choice, I will almost always pick the Huracan. Still a great car but you will love the Huracan more.

oh dear,, here again pro huracan.

noted sir!

thanks

I think your cons are mute points...BUY THE FLIPPIN HURACAN!

First the Huracan will do more than hold itself well on the track. Are you planning to compete in the Super Trofeo? Just make sure you get the Dynamic Steering.

Do you really care what others think?

Does the history REALLY matter?

Yes they are both important, (Prepurchase) however, when I sat back and drive, nothing else matters if the car makes me love it.

And I, as well as many others, have disagreed with Top Gear on many occasions.

Just look at your pros...its the definition of what every auto enthusiast is looking for.

And im not anti Ferrari by any means...I have one in the garage too, and its not a 458 ; )

Nice,

No I will not compete in a super trofeo any time soon, not in the us, maybe back in my home town I might chime in.

Hi yes finally somebody to talk about the options.. I am only taking the vehicle lift and magneto suspension.

do you have any information about the LDS (lamborghini dynamic steering)? what does it do?

I heard from the dealer its no use, and a video said to get the opt without it?

share me your thoughts brother I might be submitting order tomorrow!

Huracan or 650S now. 488 if you can wait. The 458 is on it's way out, only a Speciale would suffice for your needs imho.

Good luck, a great choice to be able to decide :icon_thumleft:

Ps. :lol2: @ Ferrari pedigree Ds.

488 can't wait and will not have allocation anytime soon, (don't have good dealership connections)

speciale out of allocation, used ones are selling 30-50k more.. not an ideal option as well.. (if I was a ferrari purist might be)

F1 heritage and what Top Gear says is meaningless in the real world, the Huracan is an amazing car. 458 is also cool, but it would take a Speciale to make it a tough choice between that and the Huracan, and then the price difference is much bigger. 488 is a long ways away unless you have an early allocation (which I doubt). Lambo basically made the Huracan drive like a Ferrari, so you get the better looks with the everyday driveability. Your best bet is to just go drive one, and make the decision from there.

If you are worried about what other people say or think about the car you are spending your own money on, you should not buy any of them.

If you are worried about what other people say or think about the car you are spending your own money on, you should not buy any of them.

:iamwithstupid:

Having owned a 458 and a 12C, here are some brief observations of these 2 cars versus the Huracan based on everyday driving and not track use.

The car is amazing, it is always "on". Very hyper, nervous, edgy always ready for action. It likes to rev and is not the easiest car to drive at low speed. The sound is amazing when you open it up, classic Ferrari.

12C

Probably the most comfortable and easiest to drive of any exotic. It has a long accelerator pedal, very easy to drive at slow speed, very comfortable suspension for every day driving. Once you get the revs up and the turbos kick in the car will scare you. Make sure you have a lot of room in front of you. The draw back is that it doesn't have the sound and feel of an exotic during everyday driving. It's almost too comfortable. ( If that can be considered a complaint)

Huracan

After driving this car this is no mistaking you have a 600 hp engine strapped to your back, and you don't need to be pulling 5000 RPM to feel it. The sound and power is amazing. It is comfortable to sit in and drive and there is never a doubt that you are driving something special even at 30 MPH. IMHO if you are buying an exotic you want to have that smile on your face at any speed and not just on the track or accelerating on an on ramp. And boy does this car put a smile on your face !!

F1 heritage and what Top Gear says is meaningless in the real world, the Huracan is an amazing car. 458 is also cool, but it would take a Speciale to make it a tough choice between that and the Huracan, and then the price difference is much bigger. 488 is a long ways away unless you have an early allocation (which I doubt). Lambo basically made the Huracan drive like a Ferrari, so you get the better looks with the everyday driveability. Your best bet is to just go drive one, and make the decision from there.

well said, that is what I hear, just that I have not drive one, I have yet not come to the stage to believe that a lambo could drive better than ferrari, leaving all of what they are famous about behind.

yes that would be lovely, can't do that anytime soon I guess.

Tried that, can't find what to live for brother. car is the lifestyle!

Having owned a 458 and a 12C, here are some brief observations of these 2 cars versus the Huracan based on everyday driving and not track use.

The car is amazing, it is always "on". Very hyper, nervous, edgy always ready for action. It likes to rev and is not the easiest car to drive at low speed. The sound is amazing when you open it up, classic Ferrari.

12C

Probably the most comfortable and easiest to drive of any exotic. It has a long accelerator pedal, very easy to drive at slow speed, very comfortable suspension for every day driving. Once you get the revs up and the turbos kick in the car will scare you. Make sure you have a lot of room in front of you. The draw back is that it doesn't have the sound and feel of an exotic during everyday driving. It's almost too comfortable. ( If that can be considered a complaint)

Huracan

After driving this car this is no mistaking you have a 600 hp engine strapped to your back, and you don't need to be pulling 5000 RPM to feel it. The sound and power is amazing. It is comfortable to sit in and drive and there is never a doubt that you are driving something special even at 30 MPH. IMHO if you are buying an exotic you want to have that smile on your face at any speed and not just on the track or accelerating on an on ramp. And boy does this car put a smile on your face !!

Yes that is what lambo is about i guess? (at least what I heard). even at 2000rpm sounds like hell already. makes you feel special even on a traffic.

nice write up and thanks!

Just get the 458. You'll be happy you did.

Did the thinking for quite a while, speciale is the only way to go,

I love the driving, not the looks.

Finally got to drive the Huracan (first time ever) on track.

Instructed this weekend for exotic car experience and drove the Huracan during morning warm-up laps. We had all new cars:

two 458's

two Huracan

two LP-560 (2013)

Audi R8 V10

C7 Z51 pkg

991 GT3

GT-R

The Huracan was by far my favorite.

Our chief instructor (long time Porsche guy who tracks a GT3RS) put the Huracan WAY above the 991 GT3, and above the 458. (He never liked the LP560). He had a high opinion of the 458 after driving it last fall but the Huracan blew him away. For him to say the Huracan is better than a GT3 is something I never thought I'd hear.

The Huracan is an amazing car and Lambo really got it right.

Instructed this weekend for exotic car experience and drove the Huracan during morning warm-up laps. We had all new cars:

two 458's

two Huracan

two LP-560 (2013)

Audi R8 V10

C7 Z51 pkg

991 GT3

GT-R

Our chief instructor (long time Porsche guy who tracks a GT3RS) put the Huracan WAY above the 991 GT3, and above the 458. (He never liked the LP560). He had a high opinion of the 458 after driving it last fall but the Huracan blew him away. For him to say the Huracan is better than a GT3 is something I never thought I'd hear.

I truly envy your posts sometimes, I would love to be around the track as much as you are, I am glad you've enjoyed it, the H is an amazing car!

Huracan is such a phenomenal car. For the money though, it SHOULD be much better than the GT3. I think that's what the GT3 has going for it, the price point is very good. I envy you guys with the Huracan.

two 458's

two Huracan

two LP-560 (2013)

Audi R8 V10

C7 Z51 pkg

991 GT3

GT-R

That is a very-very high statement,

thanks for sharing brother, like Fortis said I am also jealous with you.. lol

yeah the 458 gave me a very high opinion.. I don't want to expect too high ..

just wait and see.

Huracan is such a phenomenal car. For the money though, it SHOULD be much better than the GT3. I think that's what the GT3 has going for it, the price point is very good. I envy you guys with the Huracan.

Thanks for the post,

Thanks guys, this thread reassure me that I am in the right direction!!!

two 458's

two Huracan

two LP-560 (2013)

Audi R8 V10

C7 Z51 pkg

991 GT3

GT-R

The above is all you need to know to decide. Carol knows her stuff. :icon_thumleft:

The above is all you need to know to decide. Carol knows her stuff. :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid:

Unfortunately there are too many people on the net sharing their "opinions" with no hands on experience and regurgitated information, it's always great to get feedback from people who know their stuff!