Prepare yourself offroaders

lee

When you say side cameras is that different than the side view cameras on the new rovers/infinitis etc? Many cars have the full surround views now in the US.

Yeah, the side cameras take place of the side mirrors. I believe Tesla was trying to do this as well to reduce drag but it's not legal yet in the US. If you see the Urus photos, the side mirrors are replaced by cameras but it's likely that actual mirrors will be put on for US production models unless some laws start changing.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be AWESOME IMO. I love the idea of these vehicles from supercar companies that you can use every day. I have always liked the Ferrari FF because it is a Ferrari that can literally do everything, this will be no different IMO.

No different? The Lambo SUV will not be from a supercar company. It will be from Volkswagen on a platform shared with the Q7 and a hybrid drivetrain; could not be farther from sharing a platform with an F12 with a NA V12.

Not awesome, IMO. It is never good when an exclusive luxury brand decides to go after sales volume.

If you've enjoyed the Carrera GT, 918 and increasing sophistication of the 911 and Cayman, you can thank Porsche going after sales volume with the Cayenne. It's what paid for all those good things.

If you've enjoyed the Carrera GT, 918 and increasing sophistication of the 911 and Cayman, you can thank Porsche going after sales volume with the Cayenne. It's what paid for all those good things.

Of those, I only consider the CGT worth mentioning. And as it was introduced only months after the Cayenne, Cayenne revenue had nothing to do with its development.

I left Porsche for Lambo after decades of loyal ownership because of what it has become. What you consider a more sophisticated 911, I consider a luxury car that has gone to the middle - just like BMW, MB, Lexus, etc. GT3s still have a bit of edge, but the rollout has been...and continues to be...a disaster. They are clearly more focused on churning out badge-engineered VW/Audi SUVs than building sports cars.

Yeah, the side cameras take place of the side mirrors. I believe Tesla was trying to do this as well to reduce drag but it's not legal yet in the US. If you see the Urus photos, the side mirrors are replaced by cameras but it's likely that actual mirrors will be put on for US production models unless some laws start changing.

So you would look at the info screen to see the cameras view? That would take some getting used to. Cool idea though.

So you would look at the info screen to see the cameras view? That would take some getting used to. Cool idea though.

My teenage daughter's new Honda Fit has the side mirror camera and it is really a nice feature. The view pops up on the screen as soon as the turn signal is engaged. The view covers a wide area and is a great safety feature. Young drivers need all of the help they can get and I welcome this camera feature on all new cars.

My teenage daughter's new Honda Fit has the side mirror camera and it is really a nice feature. The view pops up on the screen as soon as the turn signal is engaged. The view covers a wide area and is a great safety feature. Young drivers need all of the help they can get and I welcome this camera feature on all new cars.

So it's in addition to the mirror?

Yeah, sorry. It is in addition to the mirror and I have worked with her to use the mirror first and then look at the screen to help make sure no one is lurking out there when she changes lanes. The wide angle view is excellent.