from a F430 to mclaren?

BUMN

Thinking of selling my 2005 F430 F1 to get into a 12c.. is the McLaren's transmission as sensitive as the Ferrari? meaning does the clutch life suck? lol Has anyone here switched from a f430 to McLaren? happy you did? what are the positives and negatives..if any?

not SURE, but i heard the mclaren clutch (as long as it's not beat on, or using launch control) should outlast the life of the car for most people.

No problems with the Mac clutch or tranny, they are very good. Mac is light years ahead of 430 and the power will blow you away. All that being said, I bet you'll put less miles on the Mac and you'll lose more money during ownership.

what do you mean I will put less miles on the mac, and lose more $ during ownership? are you saying I wont want to drive the car? or are you saying for the amount of miles put on the car the car will lose even more money then the Ferrari would? thanks

what do you mean I will put less miles on the mac, and lose more $ during ownership? are you saying I wont want to drive the car? or are you saying for the amount of miles put on the car the car will lose even more money then the Ferrari would? thanks

I'm saying after the first couple drives you likely won't want to drive it as much as the F-car. And no doubt the 12C will continue to set depreciation records.

I'm saying after the first couple drives you likely won't want to drive it as much as the F-car. And no doubt the 12C will continue to set depreciation records.

I think we are through the steep part of the depreciation curve on the MP4s. My guess is that any value drop from here forward will be worth the price of admission. The MsLaren really is an amazing machine . . . I would still rather have a LP570.

transmissions between the two are worlds apart, slow shifting single clutch which wears out quickly in the Ferrari vs a dual clutch in the McLaren which is faster, smoother, and doesn't wear out for a long time as it's a wet system...

two different cars, the McLaren is way head of the Ferrari in terms of power and technology.... The Ferrari, well, is a Ferrari, whatever that is worth is up to you... :)

The Ferrari does sound better....

Thinking of selling my 2005 F430 F1 to get into a 12c.. is the McLaren's transmission as sensitive as the Ferrari? meaning does the clutch life suck? lol Has anyone here switched from a f430 to McLaren? happy you did? what are the positives and negatives..if any?

transmissions between the two are worlds apart, slow shifting single clutch which wears out quickly in the Ferrari vs a dual clutch in the McLaren which is faster, smoother, and doesn't wear out for a long time as it's a wet system...

two different cars, the McLaren is way head of the Ferrari in terms of power and technology.... The Ferrari, well, is a Ferrari, whatever that is worth is up to you... :)

The Ferrari does sound better....

Not after I get my hands on the Mac, they should be about even! It sounds so cool with high flow cats and an x-pipe, all kinds of great turbo noises.