Buying a LAMBO is good...

toyroy2003

A very different game in Silicon Valley. Most of the best engineers, company founders, and venture capitalists drive understated cars, while many wear the same Levi's, shorts and sweatshirts every week. Show up in a high end car to meet someone for the first time and you'd be considered a sales player or a prude. With all the money in this area you see few high end cars during the week. Maybe because software engineers simply don't care. In private though, behind the gates, it's a whole different story.

thats for sure, i lived a hour drive from there growing up, maybe 2 now with traffic-Tracy Ca

I hated SV then, I hate it now, I dont like the Bay period, the only good thing that happened there is I was born in the East Bay. thankfully I only lived there a couple months-so i was told.

I dont get those people with the poles up their ass'es-not the fags in SF(I dont understand them either). The weather, snobs, trillionairs and their timex watches, Prius and 2400 SQFT condo's, Macy's. None of it. They dont like me much either. In fact of every spot in America and i been to about all of them, i think the Bay and SV is perhaps the worst part of America, and Like I said they feel the same about me-surprised?

I have one close friend who works at Standord married a c*nt 25 years ago, went to the wedding, LOL I wore shoes that day, There was one guy there I knew who i didnt see for a long time if he wasn't there, it might have been the longest day of my life. She has not changed.

WTF is in the water there? why are they miserable? they dont know how to have fun, i]m not talking about expensive fun-they just have poles up their asses 24/7,

i'm sure its different in private, from what i've been told coke sells well there-just kidding i have no clue, they are private about switching the poles they have in their asses. that i'm sure of

did I mention I dont like it there.???

usually if i dont like something i dont say much, i couldnt help myself on this one.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No comment :icon_mrgreen:

no man, your in the chair, spit it out.

you cant hurt my feelings, LOL

I know he writes better, I can write better than I do here. It just takes forever. I have to for business.

perhaps i'm smarter, naw he has a job I don't. I'm part of the unemployed sector that's helping the sluggish economy stay sluggish because i like these low interest rates.

If I go back in biz and make something of myself, and help the economy-im stepping on my own dick(actually that's not possible, it don't reach the ground-wait it don't reach the bottom of my sack, very sad) because interest rates might go up(I wish I could have a business that powerful). So I owe it to myself to stay unemployed and do my part to keep the economy sluggish.

Wow this coffee today is strong,

your off the hook-almost ;) :P

It comes down to what you do, they need to impress whomever they are meeting with their technical abilities and knowledge, I wouldn't care if one of my engineers were driving a space shuttle as a DD, that wouldn't impress me, I would deal with him/her based on recommendations from people I trust.

When I meet someone wanting to buy a very expensive development it's important to demonstrate you are financially stable, I am happy with not discussing business here but I could give few examples/scenarios where not being able to demonstrate my "worth" cost me the deal.

I was interviewed and rejected by vendors even after my banker showed them proof of funds and ability to complete, long and complex settlements are risky on all parties involved, vendors panic so they select known large players and I miss out with money in the bank.

Every time I worked the first point of contact, the agent, I was successful and to be perfectly honest more than once what I was driving helped.

ok on a serious note,

I did grow up very close to SV, I know lots of people there. And Its true i cant stand it.(but my problem)

However, because I can't function there and do business dont make it a bad place. The snobs(everyone) is the part I cant get past. I'm just not that serious, in general SV people IMO are way to self important and too serious in general. In biz of course i'm serious.

My style of doing business, based on my personality works great in Vegas/Miami, i'd be broke in SV. I can't figure it out in SV, back in the 80's up to current, i don't fit in, or understand those people.

The culture in SV has changed somewhat since the 80's, however even back then I just didn't fit in either. The weather sucks too. Northern Ca (where I grew up/college etc) and SoCal are 2 different worlds as well.

There's nothing wrong with SV they have very talented people there, among the smartest people we have in America, I remember when SV crashed before Al Gore invented the internet, times got tough there for a while, I grew up in a bedroom community of SV in Tracy we felt it, as our economy was tied into SV. I have properties there and i'm happy now. I haven't been there in 3-4 years.

Clearly Sv is a great place for lots of people, just not me. Didn't take me long to figure that out.

Man this thread is full of win and good perspectives!

After reading this, I do a lot of the same stuff others do just without understanding exactly why I drive a truck a lot of time and people who recognize, ask me about the other cars without me even bringing them up.

This tells me executing the right time to drive an exotic is when you need to meet someone you value as important who DOESNT know you, excluding employees or a new girlfriend.

thats for sure, i lived a hour drive from there growing up, maybe 2 now with traffic-Tracy Ca

I hated SV then, I hate it now, I dont like the Bay period, the only good thing that happened there is I was born in the East Bay. thankfully I only lived there a couple months-so i was told.

I dont get those people with the poles up their ass'es-not the fags in SF(I dont understand them either). The weather, snobs, trillionairs and their timex watches, Prius and 2400 SQFT condo's, Macy's. None of it. They dont like me much either. In fact of every spot in America and i been to about all of them, i think the Bay and SV is perhaps the worst part of America, and Like I said they feel the same about me-surprised?

I have one close friend who works at Standord married a c*nt 25 years ago, went to the wedding, LOL I wore shoes that day, There was one guy there I knew who i didnt see for a long time if he wasn't there, it might have been the longest day of my life. She has not changed.

WTF is in the water there? why are they miserable? they dont know how to have fun, i]m not talking about expensive fun-they just have poles up their asses 24/7,

i'm sure its different in private, from what i've been told coke sells well there-just kidding i have no clue, they are private about switching the poles they have in their asses. that i'm sure of

did I mention I dont like it there.???

usually if i dont like something i dont say much, i couldnt help myself on this one.

Eric, you might find this clip funny from a tv show called Silicon Valley

I'm gonna watch that show

The kicker is I never heard of it, sometimes I wonder where my own head is at?

Lol

I'm so stupid sometimes...

Thanks man

Best

Eric

Lol hilarious

Hope all is good Jeff!

Likewise brotha!

I'm gonna watch that show

The kicker is I never heard of it, sometimes I wonder where my own head is at?

Lol

I'm so stupid sometimes...

Thanks man

Best

Eric

Haha thought you might enjoy it. You're welcome!