Underground Racing Twin Turbo X-Version Huracán. **VIDEO**

I was referring to the R8 that did not pass emissions, a few posts above he said it was because the fuel cap was off. I was not talking about the SL.

These days, you cant add a cold air intake to most cars without the computer throwing a code. There is absolutely no way that these cars along with some of my other cars that were running this fat would pass a old school sniffer test. Thank God they dont do that anymore here or alot of us would have a hard time getting passed. All I was saying is that most cars fail the emissions test because the secondary cats are removed and the secondary 02 sensors kick the code. However now that I think about it, Gallardos and Huracans dont have the 02s behind the second set of cats that get removed when you take the factory exhaust off, so these cars dont require the codes to be shut off for that reason.

It was always funny to me when I would take cars to the emissions test that I knew should never pass, and hoping the tester had no idea what was going on.....for if they only knew the truth!!!!!! :eusa_naughty:

Hi Boss gt,

I was not aware that US cars for street licensing did not have to go through the 5 gas exhaust sniffer test in the US.

We still have to here down under plus the exhaust noise db test according to Australian Design Regulations :( as per attached scan.

You guys in the US are lot luckier than us on approval for TT engine modifications.

cheers,

john

post-130322-1435430842_thumb.jpg

post-130322-1435430892_thumb.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Boss gt,

I was not aware that US cars for street licensing did not have to go through the 5 gas exhaust sniffer test in the US.

We still have to here down under plus the exhaust noise db test according to Australian Design Regulations :( as per attached scan.

You guys in the US are lot luckier than us on approval for TT engine modifications.

cheers,

john

Time to pack up and move to the states...

I just noticed in the video that KC was holding the left paddle at 60 and released it when the light went green. That made me wonder...since you swapped from the DCT to the air-shifted sequential 1-6 gearbox. Are the paddles now functionless basically and are just used to control the anti-lag? Or can you still operate the gearbox manually?

I just noticed in the video that KC was holding the left paddle at 60 and released it when the light went green. That made me wonder...since you swapped from the DCT to the air-shifted sequential 1-6 gearbox. Are the paddles now functionless basically and are just used to control the anti-lag? Or can you still operate the gearbox manually?

Both;)

Both;)

Nice. I have so many questions about this build, but you probably can´t answer all of them in this forum. Just wait 2-3 more years and ill be sending my Huracan SL to you guys to have all my questions answered and dreams fulfilled haha

Would someone mind explaining to me what the "anti-lag" feature is?

In the mean time this video is proof we need a Huracan TT section now!

Time to pack up and move to the states...

Hi Dustin,

well I will be living there temporarily when I do my cruise from Charlotte to California and back to Charlotte in August-September 2015.

I better make sure that I don't run into you with my lowly stage 3 with race heads. lol :eusa_dance:

cheers,

john

Not sure why you wouldn't run the best possible tire you are allowed at a RACE event. If UGR chooses to stick with r888s because that's what they wanna use, that's fine. But don't say that everyone else has to match them. Even UGR probably wouldn't say that.

Would someone mind explaining to me what the "anti-lag" feature is?

Brief explanation: Turbos "spool" from exhaust energy, not just air velocity. This is why you can rev a turbo car to 8500 rpm in neutral and it will barely create any boost, light load = high rpm, airflow, but not a lot of fuel. But at a moderate rpm level with heavy load, wide open throttle, tons of fuel, the turbos spool and motors erupt into angry beasts.

In the case of these roll races, or drag racing in staging lanes, you are holding the car/motor at a given point with relatively minor load. In these cases 60mph, medium rpm range, and effectively zero load to create boost. If you just mash the throttle you would experience "lag" while the turbos respond to the increased load and "spool" to create boost. By this time Andy's 8L V10 Viper making 17,520,948 ft/lbs of torque just put three cars on you... this is not ideal.

Anti-Lag when you turn it on, effectively adjusts timing (severely retarded from optimal) and dumps a shit ton of fuel into the car, which due to the retarded timing a considerable amount of fuel and air is left unburnt and exits via the exhaust where it burns pre-turbo. Burning the air/fuel outside of the combustion chamber releases a shit ton of energy right onto the turbine wheel and spools the turbo without the effective load on the motor. This is the popping and banging you'll hear when anti-lag is engaged, it's just throwing fuel and explosions into the exhaust system to make the turbo angry. Now when you stab the throttle you have a shit ton of boost already there and the car launches considerably harder.

Not really seen on lambos and such, but drag racers running huge turbos are sometimes required to use anti-lag just for the system to function properly. The motor on it's own won't make enough power to spool the turbo at a reasonable rpm. The anit-lag creates enough boost to kick off the reaction where the motor is making more power, and thus can keep the turbo spooled. Think about a 3L supra trying to make boost at 3k rpm with a 91mm turbo. Once it gets going that motor will make 1500hp, but at that rpm it's struggling to do anything and doesn't make enough power to kick the turbo off, so you use anti-lag or nitrous to get it off the ground.

Brief explanation: Turbos "spool" from exhaust energy, not just air velocity. This is why you can rev a turbo car to 8500 rpm in neutral and it will barely create any boost, light load = high rpm, airflow, but not a lot of fuel. But at a moderate rpm level with heavy load, wide open throttle, tons of fuel, the turbos spool and motors erupt into angry beasts.

In the case of these roll races, or drag racing in staging lanes, you are holding the car/motor at a given point with relatively minor load. In these cases 60mph, medium rpm range, and effectively zero load to create boost. If you just mash the throttle you would experience "lag" while the turbos respond to the increased load and "spool" to create boost. By this time Andy's 8L V10 Viper making 17,520,948 ft/lbs of torque just put three cars on you... this is not ideal.

Anti-Lag when you turn it on, effectively adjusts timing (severely retarded from optimal) and dumps a shit ton of fuel into the car, which due to the retarded timing a considerable amount of fuel and air is left unburnt and exits via the exhaust where it burns pre-turbo. Burning the air/fuel outside of the combustion chamber releases a shit ton of energy right onto the turbine wheel and spools the turbo without the effective load on the motor. This is the popping and banging you'll hear when anti-lag is engaged, it's just throwing fuel and explosions into the exhaust system to make the turbo angry. Now when you stab the throttle you have a shit ton of boost already there and the car launches considerably harder.

Not really seen on lambos and such, but drag racers running huge turbos are sometimes required to use anti-lag just for the system to function properly. The motor on it's own won't make enough power to spool the turbo at a reasonable rpm. The anit-lag creates enough boost to kick off the reaction where the motor is making more power, and thus can keep the turbo spooled. Think about a 3L supra trying to make boost at 3k rpm with a 91mm turbo. Once it gets going that motor will make 1500hp, but at that rpm it's struggling to do anything and doesn't make enough power to kick the turbo off, so you use anti-lag or nitrous to get it off the ground.

Makes 100% sense. Thank you very much!!

So is anti-lag basically a step above brake boosting in terms of a quicker launch?

Great explanation!

Hi emanon,

A great and very erudite explanation of "anti-lag".

Much appreciated.

May I ask for your similar erudite explanation of "brake boosting" as applies to e-gear Gallardo TT's please.

I am familiar with "brake torquing" on conventional automatics with torque converters.

cheers,

john

We can brake boost and the turbos come up very fast, the antilag is just easier way to do IMO once you get used to it in a race situation. One thing I learned the hard was is that you better be on the antilag long enough or the car will come out flat (no boost or low boost). ;(

We can brake boost and the turbos come up very fast, the antilag is just easier way to do IMO once you get used to it in a race situation. One thing I learned the hard was is that you better be on the antilag long enough or the car will come out flat (no boost or low boost). ;(

Is that what happened with the white car vs Andy's viper? looks like it came out very flat.

Is that what happened with the white car vs Andy's viper? looks like it came out very flat.

Keep in mind, Andy's car jumps HARD.

Keep in mind, Andy's car jumps HARD.

I don't think anything will leave harder than one of these UGR cars fully loaded up on the brake boost or the anti lag. Look at my car brake boosting last year and look at the huracan on the hit. It even jumped lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu a touch with both drivers going at the same time.

I don't think anything will leave harder than one of these UGR cars fully loaded up on the brake boost or the anti lag. Look at my car brake boosting last year and look at the huracan on the hit. It even jumped lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu a touch with both drivers going at the same time.

for those that missed this race of Duhawks...go to 1:20...that car hauled bud!

Every time I look at that GTR it pisses me off that pepole say it is a true street car.

POS wouldn't make it 10 minutes in Sydney... Police would be all over it with defect stickers.

SADDD FACEEE

Every time I look at that GTR it pisses me off that pepole say it is a true street car.

POS wouldn't make it 10 minutes in Sydney... Police would be all over it with defect stickers.

why? cause it has a cage and chute? lol. Chute and spoiler are removable.Which would make it look like stock GTR.

Somehow I have never seen this video. Hawks, that car rolled out. For the love of God it almost pulls the wheels at 60 mph.

Mike