Have you read this? Not involved but read online (Lambo dealer involved).

sonict

I was too impatient to read all that info, did the transporter damage the car?

Didn't PPI the car, bought it as a dealer to save on taxes now he expects the retail customer red carpet treatment, it seems that at wholesale level (dealer to dealer) the rules change and he's not entitled to the statutory warranties a retail customer would enjoy, what sort of dealer is he if he wasn't aware of that important piece of info?

I had a good experience with LOD as have several of my friends when I recommended them. They are pretty highly rated as far as car dealers go. My salesman spent a lot of time with me and didn't know me from Adam or whether I was just a tire kicker.

So... Cliffs notes?

Buys car. Dealer hires shady shipper. There is an accident in transport? Who's at fault?

Ultimately the insurance companies of the people involved in the accident should fix the car. Where is the other driver?

Shipper doesn't have insurance?

Whoever hired that shipper (the dealership?) is negligent for hiring a shipper with no insurance.

All the rest is flak and noise...

Quick and easy.

Bummer for the gentleman that bought a car that was subsequently damaged in transport. I have had great experience with LOD. John Hrad is terrific.

Given my recent experience transporting a car from Atlanta to NJ, I wouldn't be surprised if the transporter was at fault, but that's jumping to conclusions. Unfortunate situation but I'd never buy a car without a PPI and extensive photos.

I gave up after the first couple paragraphs because the motherfucker doesn't know how to use any goddamn punctuation. Don't put me through the chore of trying to interpret your third-grade-level bullshit excuse at writing, with no delineation between sentences, thoughts, or even words, when you're a fcuking grown man. GOD, that was painful.

I gave up after the first couple paragraphs because the motherfucker doesn't know how to use any goddamn punctuation. Don't put me through the chore of trying to interpret your third-grade-level bullshit excuse at writing, with no delineation between sentences, thoughts, or even words, when you're a fcuking grown man. GOD, that was painful.

That seems to be a common problem on the internet. Some posts take several reads to interpret correctly...if you are so inclined to take the time. There are some forums where you wind up skipping over posts because they are so mangled you have no idea what the intended message was meant to be.

Seems to me, that the dealership is responsible. Doesn't the "risk" go to the buyer only when the car is "recieved" ? And the dealer also hired a transporter with no license and Insurance. Seems like a pretty clear case to me :)

I sold a car to Lambo Dallas, and they were super to deal with.

I have heard good things about them.

This sounds like a crap shipper. Who knows what BS info he gave to dealer to get himself in the door to transport cars.

Stuff like this is why I have always flown in and seen the car in person and either hired my personal friend to get the car, or I just suck it up and do it myself.

I recently used ply-cars to ship my R8 from Cinci to Los Angles and back for fuel run. First time ever using someone else. The car was fine and not damaged, but it wasn't treated how I treat my cars.

Mike

When I was looking to get my first Lambo, I wanted to trade in my then like new 2010 Viper ACR towards it.

Every dealer I contacted really low balled the trade, but LOD didn't and gave me a fair price. The SL I purchased from them was perfect as advertised.

I arranged my own shipping, which is what this poster SHOULD have done, but he was just looking for cheap I'll bet.

I have dealt with LOD and they were great. Having said that no matter who the dealership, if they hired a transporter with no license the problem is on them. If the buyer has proof that LOD solicited and hired this shady shipper the problem points to dealership.

I wonder who owns the liability with the shipping. It was arranged through Central dispatch, that is a brokerage house for shippers to bid on loads. I would imagine that Central Dispatch may have some liability for allowing a shipper to be on their site with no insurance. I would think they would have to vet their shippers? I have messed with so many people, so many times, sending cars across the US that I found someone that works and I use them exclusively. Everytime I sold a car, and there was a problem, the shipper was usually at the root of it. Hope this all gets worked out to the satisfaction of all parties. For the record, John Hrad is a standup guy in my book, never done me wrong.

His wheels looked like the needed to be refinished for $300 his repair estimate had $7000 for new wheels which I assure you were not replaced. My sympathy only goes so far if the insurance company wrote a check for $33k, this guy probably was able to pocket $20k of it.