Ferrari F430 Scuderia

RobberBaron

If you're considering an AMG for future value, get an SLR.

So damn expensive though! I have heard that they aren't reliable. That might be completely wrong though.

Thank you for the detailed reply!! I appreciate it. I listed my Murcie for sale. I don't need to sell it, but I would like to switch into a Scud for a while. I am a Lambo guy through and through and that will never change, but I do want a Scud! :icon_mrgreen:

Didn't you just spend awhile looking for your Murci? and just bought it? Why are you selling so soon?

Didn't you just spend awhile looking for your Murci? and just bought it? Why are you selling so soon?

Ya I did spend awhile looking for it. Selling is really the wrong word for it. I don't need to sell the car, or really want to sell the car, I just think that the Scuds are going to explode in value in the next few years and that now is the time to get one. I am just throwing it out there in case anyone is interested, if not, I don't mind keeping my baby around. I love the Murcie, it is a great car and I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy every minute of it!

Didn't they make a LOT of scuds? That would be the one thing making me hesitant about the belief theprice is going to "skyrocket"

My biggest concern for you would be that you seem to only care about what's going to appreciate / hold it's value more than just buying what you like. If I recall correctly you bought your Murci the same way - had to be a stick because they were going to hold their value better. All of us would love to have our cars go up in value but I think you're taking some of the magic out of what it means to own these beautiful machines by always looking for the best 'investment exotic'.

I hope that doesn't come off as condescending as it's definitely not meant that way. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

My biggest concern for you would be that you seem to only care about what's going to appreciate / hold it's value more than just buying what you like. If I recall correctly you bought your Murci the same way - had to be a stick because they were going to hold their value better. All of us would love to have our cars go up in value but I think you're taking some of the magic out of what it means to own these beautiful machines by always looking for the best 'investment exotic'.

I hope that doesn't come off as condescending as it's definitely not meant that way. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Don't worry about being condescending! I am an upfront kind of person and would rather it that way. I am a HUGE car guy, but don't have the gazillions to always buy what I want (Murcie SV :icon_mrgreen: ). Emotionally I love the Murcie. The scissor doors, the sound, and the way it looks is exactly why I love Lamborghini more than any other brand. However, (in my mind) if I can buy a car that is appreciating and I get paid to own a Ferrari or a Lamborghini then it is a win win. My dream car is a Countach, if I could go back in time I would go buy a Countach and enjoy owning it while it appreciated and then sell it and buy the next car. Obviously that is with a huge hindsight bias, but I hope it conveys what I am trying to say. You are completely right in that buying the cars as investments and not just for their beauty as machines takes away from it. It not only makes buying one harder, but you don't enjoy it as much. On the flip side, if you really get one (investment exotic) right then you sell it and now you can buy two cars with the money (one for pleasure and another investment car). To your point, the hardest part (for me) of investing in appreciating cars is that you have to separate your emotions from the car. I hope to completely purchase the cars for pleasure in the future, but am not at that point yet.

Didn't they make a LOT of scuds? That would be the one thing making me hesitant about the belief theprice is going to "skyrocket"

1600 in 08 and less in 09

LOL....this is exactly where I'm at with my 430. It's a great car, but it's no Lambo.

And a 430 is no Scuderia. The differences between the two couldn't be more astonishing.

1600 in 08 and less in 09

No one knows the actual figures. If you hop on FChat, the most "accountable" figure based on the statistic that the US accounts for 31% of total production is 1,800s TOTAL for both 08 and 09. As for price skyrocketing, who knows? But one thing is pretty certain, they won't go any lower than today's prices (barring catastrophic economic crisis)

There is also no shred of doubt that more than 499 examples were made of the Scuderia 16M, the only question that remains a mystery is how many more.

No one knows the actual figures. If you hop on FChat, the most "accountable" figure based on the statistic that the US accounts for 31% of total production is 1,800s TOTAL for both 08 and 09.

There is also no shred of doubt that more than 499 examples were made of the Scuderia 16M, the only question that remains a mystery is how many more.

Some people want CRAZY money for their 16Ms. I would rather the stick 599 thats for sale right now then a 16M at the price some people are asking.

Oh my god is that a pretty car! I will call first thing in the morning on that. Wow, just wow. I am a Lambo guy no doubt, but as far as investments go, I think the Scud is a guaranteed home run.

Cars are toys not investments, you might get lucky with run of the mill exotics even then I've never seen enough dollars in growth which would even remotely excite me, buy what you absolutely love and invest your money in the things which got you the money for the toys in the first place.

Good luck with your search.

If you're considering an AMG for future value, get an SLR.

Pretty confident that these are the next to really go up in price. Wouldn't be surprsied to see them go for $1m one day.

Of the cars that came out together at the same time, CGT, Enzo, FGT, the SLR is the only one that hasn't really went up yet.