Huracán New World Record

a007apl

Once you change from stock to something custom than it is no longer a "Hurican" in my view. You have created something else. Yes that something else is fast but it is not the purity of the original design.

Once you change from stock to something custom than it is no longer a "Hurican" in my view. You have created something else. Yes that something else is fast but it is not the purity of the original design.

:iamwithstupid:

Nothing stock about aftermarket forced induction.

As Robert Duvall said,"There's nothing stock about a stock car."

All of you haters of Huracan,

if so, half of the threads here should be thrown out of the window.

I understand, it's an entry level baby Lambo (as of now) beating the living shit out of everything out there.

My only suggestion of Aventadors (and prior misfits) owners except Miura of course.

Accept it.

All of you haters of Huracan,

if so, half of the threads here should be thrown out of the window.

I understand, it's an entry level baby Lambo (as of now) beating the living shit out of everything out there.

My only suggestion of Aventadors (and prior misfits) owners except Miura of course.

Accept it.

So what if it's the poor-mans Lamborghini? ;)

It's for a different market and buyers, which is fine. Sure it's fast, and people are making it faster than other cars, that's fine. Believe it or not some peoples preference isn't having "the fastest" or "the latest" to brag about how big their Johnson is.

I'm sure the Hurricant is a great car, but different strokes for different folks. I don't think anyone is denying its impending market saturation.

@Destructo, for a Mod on a Lamborghini forum you seem to be awfully critical of all things modern-lamborghini for some time now. :eusa_think:

What's the dealio?

Uh... He's a mod. The power and reach of mods is never in doubt... If not in question.

@Destructo, for a Mod on a Lamborghini forum you seem to be awfully critical of all things modern-lamborghini for some time now. :eusa_think:

What's the dealio?

I'm glad you asked. Allow me to explain.

I love the Aventador, and even the Gallardo, those are modern right? :lol2: don't get me wrong, a great car. Not without faults, but one I'd take in a heartbeat.

Prior to the launch of the new car I heard multiple people inside the company say, and I quote "we need to be more like Ferrari." And that mindset rubbed me the wrong way. Do I like Ferrari? Absolutely. Do I like Lamborghini? Without a doubt. However, I like specific brands for specific reasons. I like Lamborini because it's not Ferrari in many respects. And vice versa.

So with the corporate paradigm shift of trying to be Ferrari and operate like Ferrari, that new direction and my resulting critical opinion focus' on the material outcome of that shift, the Huracan.

And I'm all for making money, and being a successful business, and if Lamborghini continues to sell its soul for more sales, that's it's choice. I'll just be enthusiastic for the cars that came from the company when passion was its drive, not focus-groups results and being so concerned with the image its customers portray.

And in regard to a moderator being critical, personally I feel those who love the brand should be more critical and hold it to a higher standard. It's about the whole picture, not just the most recent model. I won't apologize for that, but hopefully that sheds more light for you. And you don't have to agree with me, you can and should have your own opinion on it, or anything else on this board for that matter.

I'm glad you asked. Allow me to explain.

I love the Aventador, and even the Gallardo, those are modern right? :lol2: don't get me wrong, a great car. Not without faults, but one I'd take in a heartbeat.

Prior to the launch of the new car I heard multiple people inside the company say, and I quote "we need to be more like Ferrari." And that mindset rubbed me the wrong way. Do I like Ferrari? Absolutely. Do I like Lamborghini? Without a doubt. However, I like specific brands for specific reasons. I like Lamborini because it's not Ferrari in many respects. And vice versa.

So with the corporate paradigm shift of trying to be Ferrari and operate like Ferrari, that new direction and my resulting critical opinion focus' on the material outcome of that shift, the Huracan.

And I'm all for making money, and being a successful business, and if Lamborghini continues to sell its soul for more sales, that's it's choice. I'll just be enthusiastic for the cars that came from the company when passion was its drive, not focus-groups results and being so concerned with the image its customers portray.

And in regard to a moderator being critical, personally I feel those who love the brand should be more critical and hold it to a higher standard. It's about the whole picture, not just the most recent model. I won't apologize for that, but hopefully that sheds more light for you. And you don't have to agree with me, you can and should have your own opinion on it, or anything else on this board for that matter.

Wasn't meant as a snide remark, but I now see your POV and agree in a general sense. :icon_thumleft:

Are all your other threads getting slow traffic or something?

image.jpeg

Ohh really? :lol2:

We get it you don't like the Huracan, do you really have to poison every thread in which the Huracan is mentioned?

As for attention I get more than I know what to do with and personally I hate it, I am not the one screaming for it, it is you by trying to be contrarian and when you see nobody cares you just carry on and on and on like the proverbial broken record, there are a lot of Huracan owners on the board, be respectful of the membership, I understand we have difference of opinions but people come here to share their passion, if they are met with such hostility do you think they feel comfortable? Grow up!

I am not posting new threads for attention, I am posting them to bring content which people might enjoy, isn't that the essences of a forum?

If the membership doesn't enjoy what I post, I can refrain, after all it takes a lot of time and commitment to post content.

What are you bringing, if it's anything of any value I fail to see it, either way carry on with your nonsense since you are entitled to it, I will carry on ignoring you :icon_thumleft:

Ohh really? :lol2:

We get it you don't like the Huracan, do you really have to poison every thread in which the Huracan is mentioned?

As for attention I get more than I know what to do with and personally I hate it, I am not the one screaming for it, it is you by trying to be contrarian and when you see nobody cares you just carry on and on and on like the proverbial broken record, there are a lot of Huracan owners on the board, be respectful of the membership, I understand we have difference of opinions but people come here to share their passion, if they are met with such hostility do you think they feel comfortable? Grow up!

I am not posting new threads for attention, I am posting them to bring content which people might enjoy, isn't that the essences of a forum?

If the membership doesn't enjoy what I post, I can refrain, after all it takes a lot of time and commitment to post content.

What are you bringing, if it's anything of any value I fail to see it, either way carry on with your nonsense since you are entitled to it, I will carry on ignoring you :icon_thumleft:

If this is you "continuing to ignore me," you're really not that good at it.

But if you feel like the "bigger man" by trying to remind me, or letting everyone else know how awesome and better than me you are, how unwelcoming I am, how I add no value as you say, or any other deficiencies you see in my posts, than good for you.

:icon_thumleft:

Destructo,

Mod, or no mod, can I beat the living shit out of you?

Or, at least die trying? :)

Fortis is right, you have a problem my friend. "Hurricant" you keep calling Huracan? What's the deep issue here?

Don't like Spain?

Don't like bullfighting?

Placed the wrong bet at that time (where Huracan was at the scene)?

What is it?

I love the analog Lambos and would pick one over the new lineup any day. With that said, I got to drive a Huracan two weeks ago and holy shit that car is ridiculously quick. I wasn't much of a fan until I drove one. If only they were made with manual gearboxes I'd have a Rosso Mars one in my garage.

Kind of OT for this thread but I guess it's called "progress"; like it or hate it, it's here to stay.

In all fairness, by ignoring everything else that preceded it; standing on its own and judging solely as a sports car, the Huracan is phenomenal and, likely, the best bang for the buck out there. I would not call it my personal favourite Lamborghini but that's just me and those who has been on L/P long enough knew that I was quite critical of the LP560-4 when it first came out. I am still not a fan of it but Lambo responded with a LP570-4SL and that checked most (not all) of the right boxes.

IMO, the Huracan is still fairly much a blank canvas at the moment and Lambo will surely have many tricks up its sleeve to make enough variants to appease everyone. After all, they are in the business to sell cars and they have to keep the corporate happy.

Destructo, we get that you don't like the H and on certain criteria, I do not disagree with you. But no need to keep bashing and beating on dead horse. You have your views, others have theirs, that's that. As said above, it's progress and corporate is not going to care a thing unless sales figures start to plummet. They have a product here which people are almost lining up to get it, so the point becomes moot. It's like photography: I'll take a Nikon F2 over the current D4 any day or I'll take a Leica M6 (in fact, I'll take a M3) over the current M240. But the majority of the market dictates as most people are done with film and no one wants to literally carry a hunk of brass around. Added that some modern lenses no longer fit the older camera, what are we to do? I am not saying we should embrace it with open arms but at least we should look at its positive attributes and agree that it is doing the greater good in general.

Lastly, from what I had experienced from the H both as a driver and a passenger (just drove one again about 10days ago for a whole day), I would say the H is like tennis --- nearly anyone can play but those willing to explore can take it to another level and have plenty of fun. Nearly anyone can drive the H with gratifying results. But for those who know the car and the technologies it packs can combine one's driving skills to augment the performance to an extremely high level. Not perfect by any means but it could and would only get better.

Kind of OT for this thread but I guess it's called "progress"; like it or hate it, it's here to stay.

In all fairness, by ignoring everything else that preceded it; standing on its own and judging solely as a sports car, the Huracan is phenomenal and, likely, the best bang for the buck out there. I would not call it my personal favourite Lamborghini but that's just me and those who has been on L/P long enough knew that I was quite critical of the LP560-4 when it first came out. I am still not a fan of it but Lambo responded with a LP570-4SL and that checked most (not all) of the right boxes.

IMO, the Huracan is still fairly much a blank canvas at the moment and Lambo will surely have many tricks up its sleeve to make enough variants to appease everyone. After all, they are in the business to sell cars and they have to keep the corporate happy.

Destructo, we get that you don't like the H and on certain criteria, I do not disagree with you. But no need to keep bashing and beating on dead horse. You have your views, others have theirs, that's that. As said above, it's progress and corporate is not going to care a thing unless sales figures start to plummet. They have a product here which people are almost lining up to get it, so the point becomes moot. It's like photography: I'll take a Nikon F2 over the current D4 any day or I'll take a Leica M6 (in fact, I'll take a M3) over the current M240. But the majority of the market dictates as most people are done with film and no one wants to literally carry a hunk of brass around. Added that some modern lenses no longer fit the older camera, what are we to do? I am not saying we should embrace it with open arms but at least we should look at its positive attributes and agree that it is doing the greater good in general.

Lastly, from what I had experienced from the H both as a driver and a passenger (just drove one again about 10days ago for a whole day), I would say the H is like tennis --- nearly anyone can play but those willing to explore can take it to another level and have plenty of fun. Nearly anyone can drive the H with gratifying results. But for those who know the car and the technologies it packs can combine one's driving skills to augment the performance to an extremely high level. Not perfect by any means but it could and would only get better.

VCR, totally agree.

When in NY, your next steak is on me. Ever experienced Peter Luger's? Not too shabby ...

Destructo,

Mod, or no mod, can I beat the living shit out of you?

Or, at least die trying? :)

Fortis is right, you have a problem my friend. "Hurricant" you keep calling Huracan? What's the deep issue here?

Don't like Spain?

Don't like bullfighting?

Placed the wrong bet at that time (where Huracan was at the scene)?

What is it?

Please refer to post #12 where I responded to that exact question in full detail. However, had you read the thread and not just skimmed over in an attempt to paint the picture you wanted to see, I wouldn't have to repeat myself.

Also, public threats of physical violence will not be tolerated here. I don't care if you try to make it "tongue in cheek" with an emoticon. I'm usually quite liberal with mod-sponsored vacations, but at this point you leave me no choice.

So while you are on vacation, may I suggest some topics of introspection?

- What kind of person threatens physical violence over different preferences on a car? Have I insulted you because I don't like the car you like, drive?

- Are you honestly that concerned with what I think, some dude on a forum, about what you drive that you'd go into a rage because we have differing opinions?

- Have I called you out personally on that? Have I publicly addressed you about why you like it? Or implied you are mentally deficient because of your choice? I don't think so, but if I have, then I apologize.

Just some food for thought; so in light of all of that, we'll see you later this week.

I took it has a metaphorical "beating you up" but that's just me. Either way his (poorly made) point stands. I did read post 12 and couldn't disagree with you more on Lambo trying to be like Ferrari. I don't see it at all. Lambo gives the people what they want and does not tell them what to like or not like.

Want a manual? You could have one until less than 2% of buyers checked that option.

Want a certain color? For the most part Lambo will do what ever you want.

Huge fan of Lambo? Lambo is a bigger fan of you and will show it by naming a color after you.

Focused grouped cars? I just don't see it. If that was the case the A would have a DCT instead if the IST.

Listening to their customers? Absolutely as the A Roadsters roof shows.

I do often wonder why you hang around here when you seem much more interested in American muscle then the best to come out if Italy. I happen to think you spend most of your time on here denegrating the brand rather then enjoying it and they have give us a lot to enjoy lately. Just my personal opinion and this comes from one who wishes to see the Mods post more so we could get to know them better.

Perhaps we need a AMA for LP Mods!

I took it has a metaphorical "beating you up" but that's just me.

Please do not feel you have to post your inane wet "opinions" in EVERY single thread. I cannot recall the last time I logged onto LP and you were not the last poster in practically every post.

RM-S8 has been sailing too close on too many topics lately. I understand Destructo's angle on this.