Gloss black on sides of bat wings?

gmendoza

I've noticed that most cars are flat back on the side of the bat wings when they raise. Mine are gloss black. Was that a factory option or an aftermarket change?

I also noticed under the flat black is the base color of the car, a small scratch on mine revealed this.

There is something to this, as mine came from the factory colored body color, and I notice other cars have the black... I prefer the body color, but its odd how it changes between the various cars (or maybe years/models , like roadster vs coupe).

Not sure.

Jon

There is something to this, as mine came from the factory colored body color, and I notice other cars have the black... I prefer the body color, but its odd how it changes between the various cars (or maybe years/models , like roadster vs coupe).

Not sure.

Jon

Interesting, I'd prefer the body color as well, I thought about trying to remove it.

Interesting, I'd prefer the body color as well, I thought about trying to remove it.

My first Murcie had body color. I like the black because when opened it makes a part of a black line across the side of the car in continuation with the rear side window.

My first Murcie had body color. I like the black because when opened it makes a part of a black line across the side of the car in continuation with the rear side window.

Agreed, this makes the line from the windshield back to the end of the wings look continuous from a side view. I love it!

Agreed, this makes the line from the windshield back to the end of the wings look continuous from a side view. I love it!

Mine are usually down, as I do not force them up, I let them function normally, but I can see from your Avatar what your talking about. I think it looks good either way, I just have always been curious why it varies on the cars, I cant seem to find a rhyme or reason.

Post some pics of body color, i have always seen them black.

Might be an improvement.

I tried already, and the damn thing gives some warning (stops me) from posting a photo by saying I'm not allowed to use 'IMG' or something. (when I tried to use a link from a photo I already have on my facebook)

This ^^ Looks perfect in black.

I can see it in front of me on the Lamborghini assembly line in Italy: "Luigi", in heavy Italian accent "Yes Mario" "ah we just painta de side in color of da wing. But we are outa ofa da color" "Ah Mario, isa not a problem, we just painta ina blacka this time. Letsa go to hava grappa and a glass of wine. Mamma is waiting witha da pizza".

Just some info I have picked up...

I have no knowledge about how this works on

I would guess gloss black on your car (Oro Adonis I believe?) is aftermarket, interested in figuring out the conditional formatting rule for this across the whole Murcielago line